GT6 [COMPLETED] Season 11-17 Throwback World Domination

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Sep 29, 2014.

1. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Thanks Jono for doing the series. Was nice driving all the different cars, I think some of those seasons/events would have been heaps of fun. I really didnt get a chance to practice at all which showed, as Im someone who needs to do a billion laps ;)

Ditto, except it was my first ;)

Was really struggling for concentration yesterday, as it had already been a massive day for me with the family. I accidentally tapped someone on t3 or t4?, sorry about that. Think I had an off on over 150 different corners last night!
    Ad2mny, MetalGear9493 and JonoStan96 like this.
  2. aussief1

aussief1 Rookie

PSN ID
    aussief1
    First of all thanks for organising the series Jono had a great time getting to know the cars that the series has used over the years.

I now know that I have some serious work to do to be able to concentrate for a sim race this long. I hit the wall both physically and mentally so many times after lap 5!!! I was absolutely wrecked by the end to say the least.
  3. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Good series, just a shame there wasn't a full grid and all divs got involved..

WD Mint for taking that one out.

I had some pretty big lesson that race with Dan behind me, he showed me exactly what happens when I stuff a corner or just don't take a corner at the correct apex that would be that 2-5kph slower would come closing at a rate of knots... It really opened my eyes... Makes me want to relearn and have a new driving style... And that track is perfect for it...

THanks for the clean racing lads was good fun! Putting 11laps down that places was hard work!
  4. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Very true!
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  6. chrystalmighty

chrystalmighty Rookie

PSN ID
    ChrystalmIT
    I always find it funny how the grip level on a track can change from one room to the next. While practicing for this round, my times came down to the mid-19s, I even had one room where I ciuld do 15-16s. Last night it was awful! I had to push HARD to get into the 20s, and that wore my tyres so bad, I abandoned the 3lap strategy. I knew I was fast here, but the heat at home, sunburn, and the grip level made ut hard work. Homebrew gave me a good run for most of the race, I had trouble getting past backmarkers after my first stop, but after that, my strategy came into play. 2 fast laps and a shorter pitstop worked it's magic, and by the final stop, I was 40sec clear. Trying in vain to conserve tyres for the final 3laps, a couple of minor offs because that didn't work, saw me cross the line about 24sec ahead of homebrew for my first ROOZ-affiliated win!
    Huge thanks to Jono for the series, quality, not quantity, was the key.
  7. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Did I win the championship
  8. chrystalmighty

chrystalmighty Rookie

PSN ID
    ChrystalmIT
    Pending official confirmation, I'm pretty sure you did, thanks to Vardz no-show.
    aussief1 and Footlong_warrior like this.
  9. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    He would have had of been beaten by 2 position by footlong for him to take the championship over V8 which wasn't the case or finished 12th and scored only 8 points... any more than that with me not being available as was the case and he takes the title...so congratz V8
    aussief1 and Footlong_warrior like this.
  10. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Congrats @v8power383, hopefully emmo will return soon so we can see you at the top!
    TDZdave likes this.
  11. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Thanks guys I'm very happy with my first full championship and taking the top spot it was a lot of fun, bring on season 5 already lol
  12. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Well done mate
  13. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @N64TheStig007 Iss it 1 point or 2 for FL?. How do I score CAGME7?? His race time is 4:36.842 behind MINT and that puts him 11th in the overall race behind Ad2. In gold he would be behind S43ved
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I apologise again for being a non starter for this race but I had family commitments and was in Fingal Bay for the week.
    Missing this double point race and still having to drop a round has seriously hurt my place in the championship.
  15. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Despite being in the same room, Gold and Silver are still different, so i think he was behind S54VED because he is in Gold @N64TheStig007 can correct me if im wrong
  16. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    @emmo46
    CAGM is still scored in GOLD, so behind S54ED. 2 points for FL.
    TDZdave likes this.
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks
  18. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Without a doubt I would have came dead last in the gold room. Was using the Enduro as a means of getting some race time against the same guys I'll be racing in the HTO series and likely season 5. Was on controller in round one hence I didn't come last every race :D
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Ok, I think this is how it went.
    1st chrystalmt 1.34.41.450 with a f/l of 8.20.556
    2nd mmm_homebrew 1.35.03.210 with a f/l of 8.20.275
    3rd v8 1.35.28.205 with a f/l of 8.21.271
    4th foot_long dnf with a f/l of 8.28.275
    5th and 6th ?? CrimJ and/or stiffsht
    7th x-gregory33-x

Does anyone know where Crimj should be scored, also are there lap times for stiff and Crim?
  20. chrystalmighty

chrystalmighty Rookie

PSN ID
    ChrystalmIT
    Can get you a FL for Stiff, but crim was not visible to anyone.