GT6 [COMPLETED] Season 2 HI-TEC OILS SUPER GT Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by VARDZ, Sep 8, 2014.

?

TICKING THE BOXES AS TO WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE FOR SEASON 2 OF THE HTO GT SERIES

Poll closed Sep 24, 2014.
  1. (A)

22.7%
  2. (B)

63.6%
  3. (C)

9.1%
  4. (D)

59.1%
  5. (E)

22.7%
  6. (F)

22.7%
  7. (G)

27.3%
  8. (H)

68.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Footlong_warrior

Footlong_warrior Team Driver

PSN ID
    Footlong_Warrior twoinch_inya
    so in other words when pcars comes out in march there will be no more seasons on gt6 even the main game
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I doubt it, since we have drivers capable of entering GT Academy this year, and some if us don't have a PS4, Xbox ONE or can afford those consoles or a high end PC. I doubt the Sunday GT6 leagues will be replaced by PCars anytime soon.
  3. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

There will definetly still be GT6 seasons after the release of PCars. Numbers will inevitably take a hit but I wouldn't expect GT6 to be overtaken any time soon due to the significant investment required to play PCars.
    Footlong_warrior likes this.
  4. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    There might just be an additional series of side series to cater for those with PCARS, if the numbers are there. Like AC or any other game, without the numbers there is no championship.
    Also, PCARS still needs to prove its worth.
    groover33 likes this.
  5. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Has anyone else found the Z4 easiest to drive & a good bit faster than all other cars in this series? Has something changed with the latest update?

I just bought & tested all the cars tonight, since I haven't actually picked yet, if the handicapping doesn't change I'll take the Z4 GT3 thanks @VARDZ .
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
    Giant slayer likes this.
  6. Giant slayer

Giant slayer Professional

PSN ID
    GiantSlayer_48
    I too found that out though testing each vehicle on all the track but I just put it down to it suits my driving style better but also being the light of the GT3 cars it holds its tires better too and uses less fuel that's why it was my first choice but sadly I been Told that it cannot be picked because they're's no base model and only one team can use it so there's only one Z4 and as many of the other cars in each class because they have base models
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  7. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Nat is that with the BHP set at 370.... I did have it at 380 and reduced it to 370... any further and it will get eaten on the straights....but will do more with it tonight, you are more than welcome to join my practice/test room from 8:00pm QLD time.... The other side of it will be if it wins, it will take a 3% penalty for the following round which takes it down to 359 and with spa the 2nd round...starting at a base of any less than 370...lets just say I wouldn't want to be in it.
    also to go with all of this is that the Z4 being a factory livery and unfortunately no base model.... the factory team is filled by @Fastboysmith @S_CLOSE @Footlong_warrior
    Footlong_warrior likes this.
  8. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Just had a look at the replay for tyre and fuel depletion rates and under the current race format believe the RX7 is going to fall behind. The RX7 is better on both tyres and fuel but the tyre advantage will be minimal as the other cars are still very drivable after 30 min. As for fuel its actually a disadvantage as all cars will not run out of fuel after an hour of racing and therefore the RX7 will still be carrying a lot more fuel as it crosses the line compared to the others. The RX7 gets destroyed off the line effectively making qualifying position irrelevant as you'll end up at the rear by turn 1. The RX7 can only make a pass in the corners but even if you manage to get a pass done by those mile wide GT3 cars, they take their position back as soon as they put their foot down again.

Just my observations do with it what you will.
    seth123 and JonoStan96 like this.
  9. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Totally agreed @COME_AND_GET_ME7, I've never driven the thing harder or faster than that, unless everyone else pits twice, which is doubtful, and RX-7 has no chance in my opinion of victory on Sunday.
  10. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    I cant wait for it to come out so rooz can swap to that game on ps4
  11. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

That's what I found too, absolutely wring the RX-7s neck and nail a perfect lap, and you can jussst keep up with a "normal" quick lap in the other cars*. It handles so sweetly, just doesn't have the torque to climb out of the corners.

*Except the Z4, @VARDZ I tested it at 375hp, as-per the first post, and it's a bullet, easy to extract good laps from too. I'd suggest 360-365hp, shouldn't they all be even going into the season?
    I'd still prefer to run a Z4 as a privateer, even at 360hp. Can the wheels be changed/painted to differentiate it?
  12. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Getting together tonight to resolve the problem and come to a FINAL decision. IT WILL INVOLVE A DROP IN POWER OF THE OTHER 4 CARS....STAY TUNED
  13. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    @natmanscoop have had to deflect other away from the Z4 as I do with you ...sorry mate... I have said all along once a "factory livery" cars team is full it is unavailable...it is a great car to drive....just a pity that it doesn't have a base model.
  14. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    They were even at the time of final testing and the figures were posted....but the testing was done with wear off "my call" to try and get the best lap ...lap after lap....so when wear was set at normal the times of the Z4 got quicker
  15. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    So what car have i ended up with?lol:confused:
  16. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Looks good to me,are we limited in colour?
  17. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    While I still have reservations about how handicapped the RX7 is I cannot dispute the fact that warrior made you all look pretty slow at Spa recovering from at least 8-10 seconds behind from the start to battling for 2nd. I shall persevere and hope I can find some pace amongst my peers.
    emmo46 and SuiCid3 like this.
  18. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    @warrior2167 could be driving a Fiesta and still make us driving in the RX7 look slow
    Ad2mny likes this.
  19. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    so is the skyline 420 or 415?

Its like the rotor need an aftermarket exhaust ;)
  20. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

I like that idea RX7 needs some help