GT6 [COMPLETED] Season 2 HI-TEC OILS SUPER GT Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by VARDZ, Sep 8, 2014.

?

TICKING THE BOXES AS TO WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE FOR SEASON 2 OF THE HTO GT SERIES

Poll closed Sep 24, 2014.
  1. (A)

22.7%
  2. (B)

63.6%
  3. (C)

9.1%
  4. (D)

59.1%
  5. (E)

22.7%
  6. (F)

22.7%
  7. (G)

27.3%
  8. (H)

68.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Great race tonight, I'm a bit disappointed that I spun twice but happy to recover for 6th. FL of 1:52.6 was a complete surprise and my first in my ROOZ career. Great battles with a few guys and had fun hunting down @Tanktex at the end. Great to see the strengths and weaknesses of the cars at different spots on the track yet overall very even. Great job @VARDZ for your incredible work putting this series together.
  2. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Bad luck Chryst, the hornets will be back next week, except me, sorry I won't be racing next week as I'm away. I'll be back for round 3.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Certainly was a case of awesome highs and desperate lows in this race. Got a great start to slot in behind Warrior I believe, but at the tight right hander and unavoidable dive bomb from Razor cost me position and really my only shot of a podium. The RX-7 is very slippery in high speed slipstream, something I hope to take advantage of at Spa. Once I dispatched tb and razor, I pushed hard to try and catch warrior, fastboy and Bond. The laps were ticking away, only taking small bits out of their advantage. This felt like a proper endurance race. Rotor was gaining on me, but fell victim to a spin. I soon started to think a 5th, 4th or even 3rd was a possibility, so I had to try and take advantage of the car's superior tyre life. But I made one of the biggest brain farts of my ROOZ career when I completely forgot to brake for the tight right hander on lap 12, and utterly stupid mistake. Hopefully when it comes to the GTP Endurance Series races I don't do something like that, otherwise my teammates wont be terribly pleased with me!

I came on lap 14, ahead of Rotor. I was pretty annoyed to see him come from nowhere to straight line the pit chicane to move ahead of me in pit lane. It was a long shot, but it would have been nice to try and defend 6th from one of the best in the business like I had done earlier in the race, not to lose it to PD bull:):):):) like that.

I couldn't match the GT-R of Rotor on pure pace, so I was now under pressure from Beau. I made an error on lap 22 and he was through. Again, I couldn't match it on pure pace, nor could I muster the straight line speed to re pass, so I tried to be patient, and wait for the SLS to chew its tyres. To which it did, and thus began one of the best battles I've ever been a part of. Rather than a constant swap of position, this felt like a chess game, planning each move accordingly instead of an all out attack. It began to heat up in the last 10 mins, and now I was on it.

I tried a Ricciardo style dummy on Beau into the corner before the back straight, which worked a treat, but my car, like myself is an asthmatic, so it was futile. On lap 31, I outbroke Beau into the turn 1 and 2 complex, which surprisingly worked. I now had to build a gap through the corners and outlast attacks on the straights. It was mightly intense. On the final lap, I ran wide at the final corner, and I thought I'd blown it, but in the drag race to the line, I was ahead by 0.007 seconds. Phew. What a race! It was right up there with my Origin duel with Mint, that's for sure.

[​IMG]

Well done Mint on the win, and like I said Dan, you've got to be on some sort of illicit drug to make that car so fast, unbelievable driving mate. I'm glad I don't have to take any power penalties into Spa, and with some not making it, I haven't got a better chance to snatch a win amongst such a class field. I'll be going for it, that's for sure!

Cheers, Jono.
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  4. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Well boys what a night... I am an extremely happy person sitting typing this...from the few comments thus far it would seem everyone enjoyed themselves...the cars for the most seemed to be even...maybe the M3 needed a touch more but WTF brought his m3 home on the podium... the RX7 under tastim took FL in copper a 52'515 none the less. The battle behind me between @Footlong_warrior and @TasTim2 raged for what seemed the entire race...looking forward to watching the replay of that. Just waiting on silver Pole and FL from a chat with @aussief1 i read it to be @groover33 but nothing on the FL...will post power charts for each div in there thread and here so everyone knows where they are at next week ......VBG
  5. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    * NOTE THAT SPL TAKES THE 5TH PLACE PENALTY AS A RESULT HIS 2 BONUS POINTS FOR FL​
    [​IMG]
    @Hatfield @emmo46
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  6. Tanktex

Tanktex Rookie

PSN ID
    Tanktex
    Well done SPL i tried to make the SLS as wide as i could for as long as possible but you were flying so had to conceed the inevitable
  7. Tanktex

Tanktex Rookie

PSN ID
    Tanktex
    Clearly this series is best planned and excecuted Attempt to run various make, model format on GT6. (Imo)
    only driver skill or error determines the result as There seemed to be individual battles from the front to the back with the final results proving without doubt just how even the cars are.
    VARDZ and staff well done super effort cause its bloody great fun :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    SuiCid3, SPL Racing and Peter Wise like this.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    You can easily see how much work @VARDZ has put into this series.
    After a successful first season, IMO he wanted it bigger and better, and you really can see it working. Massive planning time and somehow managing to get it running between seasons on a Sunday when most of ROOZ GT6 player base is looking to race. So now after round 1, 4 Divisions with no calls of unfair advantage between cars, here we are. Well done @VARDZ
    SuiCid3, Peter Wise and garyw61 like this.
  9. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yep, great stuff Vardz and your team of helpers!
  10. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    This is a great series, I just wish I could keep up and not have to wait for other peoples mistakes so I can pounce and hold them up for a while.
    Mario, SuiCid3 and Peter Wise like this.
  11. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Top effort @VARDZ. Even though I was running at the back of the field in the copper room (my own doing) I still had fun and managed to have a scrap with chrystalmighty towards the end.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @VARDZ is someone doing the championship charts? I'll definitely do a combined lap time chart once the times are posted.
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I'll sort out the points and team points
    emmo46 likes this.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    :thumbsup:
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  16. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Was i also last to pit aswell?
  17. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

:eek: And to think that I would have been placed with you :alien: had I not moved to using a wheel :notworthy:
  18. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    LOL at this... Sorry Jono, I didn't even know what the hell happened!!!
    I was a way back and came in faster than you, however it then accelerated and did this straight line crazy crap into the pits overtaking\going straight through you.. I was like :eek: As much as I wanted to give you the spot, however it also wasn't my fault so I was reluctant to give it back! I guess you could argue if you wanted too.. Sorry mate, I had such a shocking race..

With qually, I lucky did enough to make Q2 - having to kick a random that had joined and was getting in everyones way, and had to do Q2 on full tank of fuel. I still did enough to star in P5 however wasn't happy with the time.

On lap 1 into T3 I got massively lag punted by Dan, sending me off into the sand.. I was about 5 seconds down on the rest of the field... I finally caught up made short work of the tail end of the field then finally caught up to the jono, fastboy, warrior and bond battle, I was seriously looking forward to getting in the mix and I then I had a brain fart... put a wheel on the exit kerb and onto the grass... around the heavy GTR went... sigh... dropping 11 seconds down I was on damage limitation pitting earlish.. with a lonely race for the rest until the end, I caught back up to mister bond, however by the end my tyres where dropping off fast and just couldn't close the gap enough to do anything.. Other than that it was good :) was just a pitty I couldn't capitalize..
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    You and Razor both had the longest 1st stint.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @VARDZ team creation possibility:

@GTP_DHolland gold
    @Bryan_F silver
    @COME_AND_GET_ME7 bronze
    @TasTim2 copper
    3 of the above could be a team (all RX7)

Other existing privateers from last night:
    Bronze Merc Tanktex
    Bronze Merc pinoy350
    Copper Merc jasond1966
    Copper Merc copperj32
    Silver Nissan naacs
    Silver Nissan natmanscoop
    Copper Nissan GiantSlayer_48
    Bronze M3 X-WTF_MAN-X

You could also slot bryan into the mazdaspeed team if @PurpleDog isn't attending
    Giantslayer could also fit into schulz if @Oblisc isn't attending
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2015