GT6 [COMPLETED] The "What the hell are these cars doing in a racing game" cup.

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Ad2mny, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Yes I'm not sure there. To be totally fair to the guys who were driving cleanly for the points some form of penalty needs to be implemented. (Yes booooo to me lol). The only infringement I believe was the massive cuts performed on the final chicane. 5 secs for each infringement. Ya bloody cheaters lol. I am almost tempted to scrap that round but I see how hard turbo, yourself and others were trying to tame the beast so I think this is the fairest outcome.
    emmo46 likes this.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Ok, I'll go over the replay and count the number of infringements and score it accordingly, as I said, a pain in the butt.
    I'll leave figuring out the drift awards to you, let me know when you're done.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  3. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I agree for the most part Hat, but I think that cutting was a bit much. A nice drift around the chicane would have been more in keeping with the event, instead of a victory at any cost style.
  4. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Apologies for missing this and being unable to tell you otherwise, something came up and wasn't able to get online in time
  5. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I will review the replay hopefully tomorrow to check the drifts @emmo46 . Running a quick eye over the final race, jim had a good go out of bit kurve till just past the overhead gantry on lap 6, while Serge put in a valiant effort also on the final lap, but it started on the gravel and ended in a spin.
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I tried drifting the Kübelwagen but ended up blowing the ten second lead I built up lol

I definitely enjoyed the Tank Car race the most, the car seems like a really good equaliser, Emmo and Gary had some fantastic pace and I couldn't pass either of them for the lead, despite pushing hard as I could. Unfortunately the bumper cam seems to be inside engine, so I found I was ramming a lot unintentionally. I hope I didn't cause you to spin emmo, you drove brilliantly, as you did too Gary.
    emmo46 and Ad2mny like this.
  7. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    I'm happy yo be disqualified from the last race, got taken out so many times that decided to enjoy myself.
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'll just be adding 5 seconds per infringement to the finish times.
    Ad2mny and S_CLOSE like this.
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @N64TheStig007 With you commenting twice about a touch I thought I'd go back and have a look, I didn't notice anything in the race, I thought I had just bounced a little on the outside fence at the entry onto the straight and with one wheel on the grass it just got away from me. You really have to look very hard at the replay to see the touch, it was so minor but I think it just put me over the edge. It's all good though, I really enjoyed that race anyway. :thumbsup: It was great battle while it lasted, I was really on the edge.
  10. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Was a great night of fun racing guys, just unfortunate I had to get up early for work on Saturday (Not a normal occurrence, Thank God). Each of the races kept you thinking on how to get a bit more out of the car without pushing too far, either spinning out or hitting the rev limiter and going backwards. I will definitely be signing up for the next edition.

More than happy to cop a whack for the last race, was just trying to keep up with everyone, it didn't help me much tho.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    [​IMG]
    I haven't done any penalty changes
    Ad2mny likes this.
  12. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I will get you the bonus points tonight too. Awesome job Hat.
  13. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    @Hatfield , I got disconnected in the midget race and finished the firebird race. Don't know where I finished the last one though, somewhere in the far back.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    oh I didn't see you at all for those 2...I will score your dsc for midgets and now that I think about it...the finishing menu left a gap between last and second last so I will assume you were 8th in the birds
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I have the results with penalies, I'm waiting for @Ad2mny to post the drift points.
    gary, Blindman, N64, Suic2de, Hatfield, serg and Jim all get various penalties based on the number of discretions. Serg, Blindman and Blindman got 5 penalties, Gary and Jono 3 and Hat and Suic3de 2.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Ok I will leave it to you from here on out!
  17. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    hell yer, yay me!
    SuiCid3, JonoStan96 and Ad2mny like this.
  18. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Well done mate!
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I think that may give you an ROC qualifier ticket too. @t_b_williams to confirm.
  20. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    As long as the races were run within normal ROOZ race craft guidelines then yes.
    Will add it to the qualifier list.