IRACING Custom Skin for ROOZ / IRLeagueOZ discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by racerman13, Aug 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I bodged this up quickly in MS Paint to show you what I mean....

[​IMG]
    perhaps with the "bought to you by PAGNIAN imports" graphic underneath it.

[ignore the background, I'd fill that in black with more time. That's just left over from the shiny hood picutre I used to get the wing part..]
  2. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    I might just make a whole new skin with Pagnian stuff on it. Thats if it's ok with them of course. I suppose we should get permission.
  3. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

I think it would be fine Beau, i think they whould love it but i'll get the official permision from Hes to be sure.
  4. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Ok thanks, you can tell them the car will be running in the top split of the iRacing Bigpond v8 supercar series. Ran last night and bagged a 4th. Madison won.
  5. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Nice one Beau ;)
  6. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    I was going to say if it runs in top split they'll get good coverage. Used to be a livestream but obviously the articles are put up on 2 sites and there is normally about 20 spectators in the game itself. So it's a series that EVERYONE knows about.

Good run last night too Beau, awesome debut mate.
  7. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Wow good stuff Beau, i'll have to watch the replay.
  8. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

I just got word back from Hes, he said it would be fine to use their logo stuff on the car and appreciates it. He also asked how the review on your cock pit was going he hadn't seen anything on it. I found the one you did in amongst the competition stuff, its a bit hard for those not at the site a lot to find stuff like this and i have told him of my suggestion of a Product Review, Set-Up and Troubleshooting section on our web site. Need Castro to set up the heading so I can do the sub sections, I cant set it up.
  9. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea I figured it would be sweet. I mean it's not like Beau asked Castrol if he could use their logo on his car either?!
    That's one of the big reasons there's trading paints and custom skins aren't hosted by iRacing itself.

But good to have asked all the same ;).

Yea I did the reviews ages ago. It's been published on the Pagnian site since September.

Pagnian Imports - GTXtreme Reviews page
    Pagnian Imports - My GTXtreme Review

In fact, my review of the keyboard and mouse stand is the only one!
    Pagnian Imports - Next Level Keyboard & Mouse Stand Reviews
  10. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

cool i'll send him the links to these as well.
  11. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

[img=Bonus888 V8 RoceonOz]http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/9245/bonus888v8supercar.jpg[/img]
    Had a go at painting me car, bit rough but its a start.
    [img=side view]http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/3333/sideviewbonus888v8.jpg[/img]

[​IMG]
    Ad2mny likes this.
  12. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Nice one Bones ;)
  13. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

[img=new my car]http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5272/mysupercarpaint.jpg[/img]

did a bit more on it, starting to get a bit crowded on the car now, might have to stop at this.

Got your log in there Koaster, it looks good.

[​IMG]
    Ad2mny likes this.
  14. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yer I saw that. Good doing stuff :p
  15. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

[​IMG]

this is it, i cleaned it up a bit and added a few distractions for my competitors.
    Picture only small file, cant seem to capture the car close enough to "print screen" copy photo and keeep resolution after croping. I only got Gimp photo editing at moment till i buy a good program for Photo editing.
    Any way of Zoooming in from a set camera view in a i racing replay.
  16. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    Hey Bonus, Ctrl + F12 allows you to adjust cameras in iRacing mate. So you can move them and zoom them in etc.

I use fraps to take screenshots then photoshop to edit them.
  17. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Thanks Mad, whats fraps? My old phtoshop disks too old for me new machine and i too old to learn all the new tricks of the latest versions. Gimp ok for now got the tools i use but not much controle over quality end files.
    [​IMG]
  18. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

[​IMG]

yay i can zooom, yeeee harrrr some good shots to be made.

[​IMG]

nother one
    Ad2mny likes this.
  19. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    Nice livery btw man.

Fraps is a software that is used to record video or take high quality screenshots. Basically, you can record video then put it into a video editing program and render it then upload it to youtube. Same with pictures, take pictures and then upload them to a file sharing site like photobucket etc.

Good program to have. You can buy it.... But most don't if you know what I mean. I'll send you a PM.
  20. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Hey Neishy down load http://www.tradingpaints.com/ and get all the V8 supercar liveries, some great paints out there and may be able to knock something up for your car if you want. I knocking off soon will do some more v8 practice this arvo ready for tomorrow and Monday nights race and I will get on GT5 after that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.