DiRT DIRT Rally - Codemasters' new rally sim

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by TheStig13, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Pete

Pete Rookie

Jump on the league anyway it is nothing serious at the moment. Still learning how to set them up. And we can choose which stages to run.
    I am thinking some monte carlo ones: coutte montee and col de tuni depart and descete might be fun.
  2. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    I'll sign up today when I boot everything up for Ac practice :) sounds good might have a play around with ffb on tarmac and see if I can change the odd behaviour might be self aligning torque acting strange or tyre force setting is too high for tarmac and all that grip lol
  3. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Was just reading the codemasters road book blog and not only will finland stages be added but the new cars coming with it will have new advanced physics calculations which through the months after the patch they will go through all the car's and implement the new physics :) so that could make a massive change to everything including ffb if it is calculated from the virtual cars steering rack like ac
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Stiffening up the suspension helps that funky feeling on tarmac. Springs and dampers.
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  5. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    signed up just now :thumbsup: anyone getting an odd bug like something the auto clutch is forced on? really freaking annoying and cutting all my speed just stabs on every now and then :confused: wish i had an app to see if maybe something is spiking codemasters still has alot of work to do on the controller side and fanatec v2 is barely supported and has all sorts of ffb glitches when paused and cars having odd steering found i had to drop my rotation down to 290 just to get a somewhat normal response all round
  6. Pete

Pete Rookie

Getting a bit out of shape
  7. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Have been fiddling around with FOV and found setting at 0.6 cockpit view is very close to the perspective of dashcam. I use it in every other sim so it erked me that I couldn't get to grips with it in dirt.
    Have managed to be competitive with my dashcam times in the 60's class using this cockpit setting and hiding the driver arms.

I enjoy cockpit view in Dirt alot more now. When you crank it sideways you can see where you're going out the side window, and you get the in-car gear indicator etc (nice when running no HUD elements).

And here's an unrelated screen shot :p
    [​IMG]
  8. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Pikes peak hill climb full course, tarmac. top ten ranking. :)
    No assists. G25 H-Pattern & Clutch, 900°. Native (soft) lock. Cockpit view.
    Clevohead, Peter Wise and Sun Levi like this.
  9. Pete

Pete Rookie

Nice work.

Did you do the one hand drifting while blocking the sun from your eyes like Ari did? :)
    What do you assign handbrake to?
  10. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Haha thanks. There's a bit more in it but I was pretty pleased with that run.
    Handbrake is assigned to an old Logitech Extreme 3D pro flightstick cable tied to a board next to the wheel.
    [​IMG]
  11. Pete

Pete Rookie

So is it time we ran another rally event? Who's up for it?
    KoAStR likes this.
  12. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    [​IMG]
    Mael likes this.
  13. Pringles_947

Pringles_947 Team Driver Gold Member

14. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Sounds good to me :) Looking forward to the v2 handling and finland stages next week :D
  15. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    New flying finland update is out! At a massive 4.7 gig pretty big change log as well.

It’s time for version 0.8 and we are returning to our rally roots with the mighty Flying Finland pack. We’ve added 12 new stages from Finland, the world’s fastest rally and two iconic cars driven by our local heroes from one of the greatest battles in rally championship history.

Add to this a new game mode and loads of fixes and features and this pack is almost as big as those Finnish jumps and crests.

Oh, and did we mention mouse support for the menus? You did want that right...?

So here is what’s new:

• 12 new rally stages near Jämsä, Finland
    • All new 2000s vehicle class
    • 2 new cars - Subaru Impreza 2001 and Ford Focus RS Rally 2001
    • Custom Championships – You can now tweak the number of events, stages and AI difficulty. This will mean that you can set up an event that suits the amount of time you have available and get rewarded accordingly.
    • Mouse Support! – Yep you asked for it so here it is. It’s still a work in progress so please give us your feedback on how we can improve it.
    • We’ve reworked the handling on our 60s, 70s, 80s RWD and 2010s classes – these changes have seen improvements to the way we model suspension and tyres, along with engine and aero rework they really make the cars feel a lot more dynamic to drive.
    • We’ve updated the engine audio for the 1995 Subaru Impreza in the Group A class. We’d like to say a massive thank you to Ryan Champion for letting us use his awesome car for the recording!
    • We’ve wrapped our replays so you can rewind from the start of a replay to watch the final section of your run much faster than you could before.
    • We’ve added a new ‘Invite Friends’ option in the lobby to make it easier for you to get the people you want into your PVP races.

Here’s what we’ve fixed:
    • The audio FX levels for the surfaces and kick up have been brought back so that you can hear all that gravely goodness.
    • We sent our Rallycross AI drivers to the opticians so that they can now see when they need to avoid other cars when they are approaching the joker entrance.
    • Now that they can see better they are also setting faster laps.
    • We’ve fixed the camera clipping in certain camera angles when you changed the Field of View.
    • We’ve made some Hyper threading fixes that should now prevent those annoying stuttering issues that some of you were having.
    • We’ve stopped the Engineer contract lengths and costs from being affected when competing in league events.
    • Toggling Push to Talk or enabling/disabling voice communications through the pause menu is now actually working.
    • The Reset Timer has now been increased to 15 seconds when attempting to get back on track. I know we said that before but this time it is actually in.
    • Cars will no longer roll over on the start in PVP races, ROFL.
    • We’ve made sure that the cars are visible on the start line even when collisions are turned off in PVP – they will still ghost during the race though.
    • Your PVP opponents won’t be showboating and driving around with the handbrake on anymore.
    • The gear setup will no longer be changing between stages without a service area.
    • We’ve fixed those odd camera angles that were being used in spectate mode.
    • The miles driven using owned vehicles in PVP now accrue towards unlocking upgrades for that vehicle.
    • When viewing a replay using an interior camera, the speedometers now show the correct speed for all vehicles.
    • We’ve fixed a whole host of other stuff too but they were too boring to call out in this list.

Be sure to let us know how we’re doing, or just stop the forums by to say hello.

Stay mid over BIG jump!

The DiRT Team
    <3
    Pringles_947 likes this.
  16. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Saahweeeet we needed a new gravel location!

Just need to get my shifter back together so I can give this a go!
    Reverse gear stopped working so I have removed the little PCB at the bottom of the shifter assembly seems the switch is knackered. Got a similar tactile switch and going to try and solder that on.... we'll see how this 60 cent repair goes :p

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    WAC and Tovey_4saken like this.
  17. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Good luck with the repair.That's what I miss about logitech something breaks and you can just basically duct tape something on smack it 3 times and bam it works hahaha I so much as get a bit of fluff on my sq shifter and it starts freaking the fauq out lol
  18. Pete

Pete Rookie

How good is finland! So fast
    All I can say is crest, crest, crest crest.

I am surprised how used to the co-driver i am now, hitting stages i haven't seen before I rely in the calls a lot. I was starting to think i was just learning stages but not so.

League has started
    I did a 4 stage event in Finland with 2000 cars. Stage retry is on. Clipping the banks there is nasty at speed.
    I have set it up to run for a week. So it finished next Saturday.
    Tovey_4saken and KoAStR like this.
  19. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Beauty looking forward to giving it a shot glad you put restarts on too because I'll be needing them haha
  20. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Thanks mate. Well.... got the new switch on and it still didn't work.

Went next door to borrow a multi-meter and it seemed the PCB circuit was broken so I bypassed it with some dodgey soldering and now she works like a dream!

Here's my dodgey ticket to success!
    [​IMG]

Now to crank it into my first look at these new Finland stages :D
    Tovey_4saken and Driftoz like this.