Division 1 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 5, 2015.

1. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Another great race. WD Warrior, you had some serious pace here, pretty much untouchable when you got away and with the pole lap :eek: just crazy!

Quali went down as I expected, I knew the top few would be within a few tenths, until Warrior blow everyone out of the water! I was thinking maybe a P4 start for me as I knew Mustafur and Nicko has some good pace here too.. My first two laps weren’t the best setting in 34.7s but 3rd lap I managed a 34.5.. I was shocked I was still in P2 at the end of Quali until Nicko just pipped me for the front row, WD mate!

The start of the race went off like I expected, I got a decent start without lag which was good, I able tuck in behind Nicko and Warrior and watch… at this point to be honest I didn’t really have any race strategy, which in the end hurt for fighting with Warrior because I just used all my tyres and hurt the rest of my race. Over the few laps I see Nicko having a go at Warrior into T1, I see a mistake from Warrior… I was thinking another mistake from Warrior, it doesn’t make sense! Having I was right on their tail I was able to pounce, then after a few laps I put some pressure on Nicko, and just waiting for the mistakes to happen, but he did well to keep under pressure. Then I made my move, I could see Nicko defensively covering the inside into T1 however I know doing this would comprise his exit speed as over a few laps I could see, I ended up sticking to my braking markers getting a better exit then got up the inside (side by side) into T2 to be on the outside for T3, again I knew he would try and cover and he did what I was hoping out broke himself a touch missing the apex into T3 I was able to capitalize. While this was happening Warrior was closing and it was hurting my tyres, and Nicko was still right there and made a move back on me into T1 and slightly out broken himself comprised my line into T1, more I think about it the more I should have been defensive here.. Having Warrior coming up fast, and Nicko I was hoping they might of touched and took each other out, but come on of course not! :) This allowed Warrior to get in front, and from here I was trying to just keep on the tail of Warrior but my tyres were so shot I couldn’t!!!

On the pit stops I needed to pit, Warrior was only pulling away and I was going to see if I could make a undercut work. I pitted however the undercut didn’t work, Warrior came out just behind T_B and seemed to get past pretty quickly and I needed to get past to get onto Warrior to put some pressure on… I think I may of touched T_B (sorry mate) I did give him room to let him back through but it looked like he put his hands up and said go on… haha :) Pretty much from here I was by myself, Warrior was just in front and I seemed to be within a tenth or two however I just couldn’t pull in the gap… I was eating my tyres and not much I could really do, Warrior had his hat on and he was gone!!!

Towards the end of the race I noticed Mustafur closing fast, all I had to do was keep it clean and make no mistakes.. And I was able to do it, however it was hard, the tyres where completely shot… I was able to hang in there and Mustafur only JUST caught me on the final lap, if there was another he would of got the spot!

Again WD Warrior, you were on a class of your own on this one bud! And hats off to Nicko for a great first stint, I really enjoyed that! And to Mustafur for a great race strat, sadly it didn’t work out for you.

Haha well, I have to say I have really enjoyed this season and this car! To have been fighting for the championship I didn’t think was possible!! Looking forward to it @warrior2167 :)
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    TRACK LIMITS FOR FINAL ROUND.....

ROOZ track limits are defined by the ripple strips and WHITE lines around the circuits.... For the final round at Grand Valley there are 3 places where track limits have been questioned....
    1. PIT STRAIGHT : There is a white line that runs along the pit wall. This line WILL BE ENFORCED if you go outside the line to make a pass. (Between the line and the pit wall). Given the different strategies in play, and the number of pit stops to be undertaken, passing to the right of the line is a disaster waiting to happen for anyone leaving the pits, so therefore passing on the outside will result in a penalty of 10 seconds if not redressed....
    2. EXIT OF SECOND BRIDGE : On the exit of the 2nd bridge there is a car width between the white line and the armco barrier on the left. Drivers ARE PERMITTED to run wide here as there is no real gain to be picked up.
    3. THE FINAL CHICANE : Drivers ARE NOT permitted to use the concrete verge where the whole car is outside the ripple strips as there is some advantage to be gained there. Using this runoff here to gain advantage will result in a MINIMUM 10 second penalty.

Cheers stu
  5. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    look forward to it!
    stucar17 likes this.
  6. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Im out for tommorows race, work conflict.
  7. MetalGear9493

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    lap count? thanks
  8. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    a lot .... 48
  9. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Track is the forward direction aswell
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  10. MetalGear9493

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    ok sweet. 48 doesnt sound like alot on any other track apart from GV.
    stucar17 likes this.
  11. Pringles_947

Pringles_947 Team Driver Gold Member

Not 100% sure I'll be back in time for the race. Picking family up from the airport tonight. Don't wait for me if I'm not there but I will try to be =]
  12. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Won't be racing tonight, after working 79 hours this week including 11 hours today plus starting at 6 tomorrow, im well past it in terms of energy.
    Thanks for the season Stu will be back for next season
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  13. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    First off, Warrior, what an outstanding drive!! Thouroughly deserved!:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
    As for me, i had an amazing qualifying with the usual front row electing the harder compound, i thought i had pole in those dying seconds! However Nick made his last lap count and snatched the pole away. :cry:
    Got to say, felt weird having no one in front of me on the grid, but my start was ok and i held my position into turn 1, and despite a slight moment on cold tyres at the fast left hander, my opening lap was just what i had hoped for! I noticed Alfa behind was alot faster behind me though so i made life easy and let him past, but then ate his slipstream up, allowing me to keep up with Nick who was using his alien powers to teleport ahead of the pack. :alien:
    However on Lap 9 ( i think ) my amazing season was over, and like every other season, a great result at an Enduro was lost. However it wasnt that part that was most disappointing, nor was it my D1B Podiums coming to an end, it was thinking for a few seconds afterwards and remembering i have school tommorow :thumbsdown:
    Thank you for an amazing season everyone, my most enjoyable season by far. Can't believe some of the results i got looking back :eek: I shall go into next season facing the true :alien:'s head to head as i can no longer use being in D1B as an excuse! Looking forward to it guys, lets Never Back Down!
    -Bobo
    D1B Season 5 Champion :D:D:D:D:D
  14. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Pole: aussie_nicko 1:44.8
    [​IMG]
    9. RedeemerX2 - Lap 33 (1:50.369 - Hard)
    10. Pringles_947 - Lap 12 (1:49.295 - Hard)
    11. BeauAlbert6 - Lap 9 (1:45.313)
    [​IMG]

Div 1 Champion: warrior2167

Div 1B Champion: BeauAlbert6

That was my best performance all season, not much time left on track and I maximized the performance on both tyres. Only a minor hiccup in the pits as I was delayed slightly trying to get the right amount of fuel in at the 2nd stop. I had the first pit box, so didn't have enough time.
  15. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    First of all, massive congratulations to @warrior2167 for a truly awe inspiring 10th consecutive championship. It goes without saying that you set the standard of what we all aspire to be as racers.

Normally, a 7th place, 2nd last on track would be nothing to right home about, but I'm actually pleased with the way I drove tonight, despite nearly getting lapped. I failed to hook up a lap in qualifying, so it was not a surprise to be the slowest of all who set a time. Nor was it a surprise to be left behind after a few laps. I was disappointed to have made a silly mistake into the hairpin on lap 5, as I was enjoying the battle with @Mister_Bond_747 and I was confident we could have battled to the end.

Apart from the last gasp pass on Redeemer, that was all the excitement I had until I came in on lap 39 for soft tyres. At long last, I felt one with the car with low fuel and sticky tyres. Another big off on my in lap cost me any chance of reeling in Bond, so it was up to me to overhaul TB for 7th. I was amazed at how quickly I caught him, such is the insane difference in speed between the tyres. Unfortunately I made a grave misjudgement into turn 1 trying to pass TB, and I spun around and in front of him into the tyre barrier. No matter though, as I caught him once again, and passed him just before the 2nd tunnel. I was pleased with my FL only being less than a tenth off Dan's.

Considering I practiced precious little and had almost zero motivation, that is a big confidence boost heading into the Race of Champions of which I am so desperate to defend. I'm very, very pleased this season has reached its end. I blew up the Pozzi with an RPG, I'm thinking more along the lines of a Minigun this time. Roll on Season 6.

Cheers, Jono.
  16. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    First of all congrats to @warrior2167 on the 10th championship win! Extremely impressive drive and just out of my reach!

Qualifying – well wasn’t expecting to be starting in 7th… Going into the Race I was going to do complete opposite to what Warrior was going to do, but for some reason I followed suit, which I regretted very early on… I tucked in behind Warrior and Dan as they also started on the Hard Compound.. Start of the race I got off pretty clean, I was clinching to the back of Dan’s car, however they were just too fast… I couldn’t and just didn’t have enough pace here, and noticed I was about 3 tenths a lap slower! :( Other than that it was a pretty uneventful race for me, I was a little bummed I couldn’t put the fight to Warrior right until the final lap… however I was a able to capitalize with a 3 stopper and finish 2nd…

Once again, well done Warrior you proved yet again why you are one of the best in the business!
    Also thank you for such a good season and the GREAT battles I had with you, this was by far my best and fun season and the Rx7 seemed to go well with me! :)

I would like to also put a shout out to @stucar17 and the mods for putting this season together! :)
    It’s a bummer I won’t be able to fully complete next season, but I might be around for a race or two! For everyone else, thanks for the season, we had a few niggles here and there but overall was a good season! Well done to @Beau_Albert for the D1B championship, next is D1A for you my friend :)

See you all around!
  17. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Huge congrats to warrior for the championship! Without a doubt the most consistent driver, it's easy to see why you've won 10 in a row mate! :thumbsup:

I have really enjoyed season 5 with you guys in Division 1, it has been some of the best racing I have ever had in Gran Turismo since the GT5P days. Huge thanks to Stu and the mod team for arranging everything, cheers guys. :)

Looking forward to season 6!
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  19. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Congrats Warrior on your 10th Championship win, just when you might look like your in trouble you take off again lol.
    warrior2167 likes this.
  20. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Thank you all. Winning my 10th championship feels great, especially with the number of quality drivers we had competing this season. @R0T0R-AU86 thanks for pushing me all season, our battles all season were outstanding.

The fantastic racing this season wasn't just limited to myself and rotor. @AUSnicko9 & @Alfa5252 were just as close, @Beau_Albert & @Mister_Bond_747 had a great fight in Div B and @N64TheStig007 & @t_b_williams always seemed to find each other during the race making for some great spectating. This of course would not be possible without stu and the whole raceonoz mod team, thank you to all you guys.

My strategy for this race was to 3 stop. I did contemplate doing 2 stops during the week but I just could not get the hards to hang in there as much as I wanted. Starting on hards I believed was the best option, so I could maximise the performance of the softs on low fuel.

My race started well and I was the 1st of the hard runners exiting turn 1, Dan was back and was not going to le me get away, he was right on my tail for the opening laps and eventually on lap 3 got a better exit onto the straight to get me into 1. I didn't fight it and just settled behind him. Rotor at this stage was a few car lengths back. As the 1st stint progressed, rotor wasn't quite able to hang on, but I didn't rule him out yet as I knew he had fantastic speed after every pitstop.

My pace was improving over Dan as well and I was able to replicate the pass he made on me a couple of laps before my 1st stop. Lap 12 I come in for hards again, and come out in clean track. I knew I had to push and if I could string some 47's, than I would be in good position to win this race. Even though I was getting those 47's, Rotor was flying this stage and passses me with ease on the softs.

Towards lap 24, Dan's 2 stop was putting him out on contention, Rotor was now in the lead and it was time for my soft stint. My plan was to get 12 laps from them, but I also had to try take the fastest lap from rotor, My first flyer and I pull out a 44.3, which does take a small bite out of them and I still think there's 12 in them. I wax in 5th at the time and still had to get past the guys who started on softs. MisterBond Alfa, Nicko and Dan were close together and I was able to get by without losing much time.

So now it was just myself and rotor, winner take all. My softs still had a huge advantage and I was very quickly catching him. I do catch him by lap 31 and didn't waste any time making a pass by going around the outside to then have the inside at the final chicane. From here it was just eyes forward and build the gap until the softs give out. I come in on lap 35 for my final stint on the hards and I had a 12 second lead, I was cofident I had enough margin, but was still pushing like crazy to finish as quickly as possible to avoid any disconnection. Thankfully it held and I breathed a sigh of relief as I crossed the finish line.

Thanks to all for a fantastic season and I will see you all for season 6.