DIVISION 1 - SEASON 8

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

SORRY won't be able to race again this weekend. Daughter will be on TV for Australia's got Talent semi final and it is on at same time as race:mad:
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  3. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    I will most likely miss tonight race so have fun guys
  4. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Gee's ROOZER'S, I didn't think I'd do so well last night on a track I loathe so much, but a couple of bourbons with some will and determination got me up to 4th place after an epic battle with Stu for 20 odd laps .
    He just kept on me all the time even with Blu joining in for a while.
    I was pretty happy with the result and make me realize why I do this with you lot .
    One more to go people.
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Was awesome racing last night Juzz.....

my night, qual 5th with a 36:5, mid pack, so was looking forward to a battle for the back of the podium given i had reasonable pace earlier in the week......no prac though for 4 days came back to bite, a spin on the turn 1 curb sent me back to last.... no ones fault other than mine, i said early in the week to a few guys if you get on that curb just ride it all the way to turn 2...Should have listened to my own advice !
    Sorry to the guys that i tagged or clipped as you came through..... Havent looked at the replay, but was someone on my inside i was trying to avoid....

I caught ghost and the Selby boys by the end of lap 2, but was costing me bulk time, so followed juzzys lead, and pitted the end of lap 3 for some clear track. Juzz was about 4 sec up the road, so got my head down and closed at about .6 each lap, before i caught him by about 8 or 9..... From there was just a great battle, where i was waiting for him to fall off the road or make a little mistake.... Just didnt happen.,.... I could have tried to force a pass, but was more likely to end in tears so decided to play the long game, and my only real chance came on the last lap when i got a great run out of 1, and then was right on his bumper out of 2, and got a draft up to the hairpin.... I went left, and we were side by side up to the fast right, bit of door to door rubbin, and he had the line again into Turn 8 (Mercedes)..... got another run into 12 and another out of 16 but just couldnt get it done. 20 odd laps with not one touch.... awesome .....

Well done to Aykay and Slambo again ...... Pagnian 1-2 and @AOCleaner74 for yet another podium.....

Been a great season guys, happier that very few issues, clean racing and pretty full grids....

On to Monza for the enduro, the draft here should give some long and enjoyable battles......
    Stu
    TheJuzzy, PaulCox, Aykay and 3 others like this.
  6. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    First of all I would like to congratulate Aykay, I now think you have got the title in the bag:thumbsup:
    Qualifying was a terrible mess from me. Could not get a clean lap out. At times I was 7/10th up but kept screwing the last sector. I ended up 4th about 4/10th off...
    I got a clean getaway at the start, blu did get passed but after a mistake from him I was back behind Aykay and Slambo. Was tight for the first few laps with Aykay first and Slambo second, only because I out braked myself and mugged Slambo out of the lead... Sorry mate.
    Slambo then had a little off which left me in 2nd, not sure if Aykay was being conservative but I was slowly reeling him in, until I spun....
    About half way thru after Slambo and I had pitted we were matching each other for pace with only 4secs between us. Aykay pitted with about 6 laps to go with a 7sec lead over Slambo. At that point Slambo was reeling him in and I was reeling Slambo in. Coming into the last lapper episode was 3 secs were covering all of us. I tried to get back the fastest lap on the last lap but had a spin with a few corners to go....
    Happy to get 3rd but I guess it was another one that I threw away any chances with too many mistakes.
    Well done to everyone that raced
  7. Anthonyb

I should be back being a speed bump this week.
    TheJuzzy and stucar17 like this.
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    TheJuzzy and Anthonyb like this.
  9. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Sorry guys, I'm out tonight. Family dinner.
  10. Aykay

Aykay Rookie

Q4 R2
    Qualified with about my PB so couldn't ask for much more. Dropped to P5 off the line with I think AO ahead and Stu behind. Had a couple of sniffs at AO until he fell off at the final chicane. Not sure what happened to Juzzy but waffles and Slambo had plenty of pace and pulled out to about 10 seconds and I had some space behind. Waffles was managing the gap for most of the night while slambo had a couple of spins and I passed with about 10 to go. I had struggled to close the gap at night but towards the end realised my pressures were coming to me and it was on. I was putting consistent laps in and waffles was coming back until he spun and 7 seconds turned into tenths. I briefly had the lead turning into parabolica but waffles drove well. The last 3 laps were insane that's all I can say.

Thanks for the season and the racing gents it was heaps of fun.
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Q6 R6
    Another night of what could have been..... and realising again, that i need to do more prac to find time to tack onto the back of the top half of the grid ! I had done a 44:8 in prac, so a 45:1 was pretty good, and the spots from 3rd to 6th were split by .1 of a second.
    Got a great start, and managed to get through turn 1 and 2 cleanly.... Good job guys.

From there was running 4th after AOC and Juzzy fell off the road or something, but small mistakes saw me fall back from Aykay. I was second guessing my pit strat all week, and with only 1 full run where i 2 stopped, decided that 1 stop was the right way to go..... After spinning on my inlap, costing about 20 sec, and then twice on my outlap, it was pretty clear that taking hards allround was a killer...... Just couldnt get any temp on the left (even after dropping pressures to minimal) and was losing 2 seconds a lap..... Should have slotted on softs as bounty did in div 2, as he got his to last to the end....

Anyway, finished 6, where i started, with a faster finishing Ant behind me closing about a second a lap..... For a car and track list that had people grizzling at the start, i thought was one of the better seasons we have had for 'racing'....

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who raced this season. Good to have reasonable grids for all the rounds, i think that 11 was the smallest. Very few issues with driving standards as well which was good.

Hopefully keen for another run next season, will start to get that sorted for a start in a few weeks....
    Stu
  12. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    What a race, I was stoked to qualify 3rd for the race after the stuff up with my head set deciding to start stuffing up ,
    It's sort of freezed on me and I couldn't change volume or unmute it and got distracted and hit the pits to fast and got disqualified then it disconnected.
    So got back in and plugged the headset in , then it came good , so I knuckled down and got on with it .
    The race was pretty tough, there were a couple of moments which made me lose touch with stu , and I struggled to concentrate trying to catch stu .
    I pitted on lap 20 and had good pace but I've never been any good in the dark.
    AO managed to catch and pass me , but at that moment my tyre temps came good and I started to challenge AO for 4th, then we caught Slambo and had a three way till the end , luckily Slambo had a 10 second pit penalty which gifted me 4th.
    Really happy to equal my best championship result, especially with the quality field we've had this year.
    Congratulations to AYKY on showing how it's done on controller, you a freak fellah and AO and Woffals on the next 2 spots.
    Next season will be a cracker .
  13. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    First of congrats to Aykay for the championship. I wish I could have been closer but your pace consistently was better, so congrats mate.
    Monza was an unknown for me, I love the track ( as I did with all the others this season) but I still wasn't sure where I would be as I had only ventured into the high 45's.
    Quali came and a few 44's came about and I was 3rd with a PB of of 45.0 which I thought was enough, but Juzzy and Aykay came out with something slightly better, let alone Stu the 'boss man' who happens to be the biggest underdog of them all to finish in the same 1/10 of all of on a 45.0 as well. So the race was still an unknown as I hadn't done more than 12 laps .
    Race started and I got a descent getaway, I made 3rd but got overtaken by some random called Juzzy!
    Managed to get past him that lap, but had Aykay right on tail and he was pressuring me .
    I thought about making him work for me for the position, but I had pace to catch up to the leaders until I had a spin which put me back to 10th.....
    Next lap I did the same thing.......l.
    After that I then had to get through the field if I wanted a chance at 2nd in the championship..
    Stated with Anthbark, then Tb.
    Blu xr8 was a bit more difficult ( well done mate )as he had great pace.
    I pitted same lap as Juzzzy on lap 20 taking on softs for the rear as he reccomended (I owe you big time for that)
    It was a bit hairy for the first few laps getting used to it, but by the other front runners pitted it was the way to go.
    I was then reeling the leader in by 1 to 1.5secs per lap.
    From a race that was lost to me I was now in contention to get a podium.
    Slambo had a 10sec penalty which was close for the last 10 leaps,but unfortunatley for him he had a slight off which left me on his tail.Ater 47 laps of Monza the last thing you want to do is put yourself in the position of losing it, so yea,I I was more then happy to sit bebind rather than go for the ' big guy called Salmbo'
    As it worked out, I ended up 3rd, probably where I should not have been, but I'll take it..
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah, good job AO.....good recovery.... Why didnt you tell me to take soft rears you bastard !
    AOCleaner74 and TheJuzzy like this.
  15. Anthonyb

I took softs on the rear and I told you about it Wed night
    AOCleaner74 and TheJuzzy like this.
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    he won't listen to his brother
    TheJuzzy, Anthonyb and stucar17 like this.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    from memory he told me to put wets on
    TheJuzzy and Anthonyb like this.
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    he probably thought you were racing with us in gt sport in the rain
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    :sick: !
    Have to say, just had a quick look at the Div 1 stream and the rain looks good on the track.
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    TheJuzzy and REVO_Bryan like this.