Division 1 Season 9

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by aussie_man21, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Mine was a talent failure. It snapped right off my car on lap 3.
  2. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Wow, so we have 5 or 6 DSQ? What a mess...
  3. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    hmmm... none of the title contenders get points oh well bring on le sarthe... its 1 set of softs only i presume ?? as it was supposed to be at laguna ??
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773

About the same in div 2 chev, not sure about divs 3 and 4 but there are guys who will be dsqd in those divs too.

it certainly closes up the div 1 champ !!!!

I cant see any other way of doing it, other than throwing all the rules out the window. That does nothing for anyone. !!
  5. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

It's just one of things, you're stuffed either way really.
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yep. Pissed off to be honest....

If we change the rules all it does is screw someone else for some other reason.....

I have as much right to be pissed as anyone, was leading and threw away possible 25 points, so all we can do is move on.
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    OK, results will stand as previously mentioned, but just a slight tweak of the rules for the remaining normal rounds.

you MAY now pit more than once, but you may only run 1 stint on the soft tire. This way if you do happen to mess up your fuel fill, you wont be DSQd if you pit again, and you also wont be able to gain advantage by having another stint on a FRESH soft tire. (raised by cyber and it does make sense)

So to clarify.....the regs for the REMAINING rounds, including the enduro are......

Pit lane closed during qual.

Start the race on the tire you qualify on

ONE STINT ONLY on the soft tire. Pitting at any stage during the soft tire run means you MUST change to the hard tire again.

I just hope PD dont have anything else in the pipeline, dont think i could cope !!!

Captains and hosts are asked to make this clear before the start of the race this week so everyone knows what the deal is. if we remind everyone on the night there are no excuses.

Thanks for your patience and understanding with this guys, with no more surprises we should be right till the end of the season.....

Cheers
    Stu
  8. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I think warrior makes a pretty good case for all posistions to count in div 1, good turn out anyway. Congrats on the win Warrior.
  9. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Would have liked too but why bother when I'm pretty sure I will get a DSQ? And when you stuff up something as simple as the pit box, I didn't really have the will to go on. I was really looking forward to this and hopefully a good result, and to throw it away like that was infuriating.
  10. ENFORCER_98

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    its a bit harsh you get dsq for putting wrong tyres on... that just highlights a flaw with the rule getting DSQ for yourown mistake you already penalised yourselfthen you get a further kick in the teeth
  11. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    We are just going to have to wear it this time E, the rules have been finalised now to prevent that from happening again so let's just move on to the next round and forget about this whole mess.
  12. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Well i would have to pit twice so, assuming i would get the penalty or whatever anyway. It was my mistake anyway
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Just a heads up I spoke to Dan holland today and be will be good to go for the remainder of the season.

Stu
  14. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    ok Thanks heaps Stu. I have sent him msg after msg and no showed. So will keep sending him msgs.
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    He has finished Uni exams, apologized for not getting back to me but should be good to go.
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    As per the normal rules, the drivers DSQ from the last round cant use that round as a drop round.

Bit of discussion about it from the mods and is agreed that we really cant cherry pick which rules to enforce and which to let go.

Its a tough call, but really the only one that can be taken, staying in line with what was decided for the race itself.

Its another "damned if i do, damned if i dont" situation that would affct certain drivers depending which way i went.

So in keeping with the idea of following the rules as i did in the first instance, that will be the ruling for the DSQ drivers.

Stu
  17. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Man, fuel burns off fast round le sarthe. I think I only got 5 laps done and ran dry on 6. Then a 2 min pitstop. Gonna be drunk after this race with all the drinks breaks!!??
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    im going to test this tonight......see what fuel burn i get....
  19. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Will be on tonight too. fellas been away with new job with the boss on his 2 million dollar plane (DRUNK AS 90% OF THE TIME AND GOT PAID :D )
  20. ENFORCER_98

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    i can get 7 laps on the RH tyre with fuel aswell... a bit unkonwn on the soft tire
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.