Division 1 Season 9

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by aussie_man21, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Ok boys

We have a lots of boys in Div 1 that want to watch F1.

So if we can all jump on EARLY!!!! Ummmm will have my room OPEN EARLY (7pm EDST) so get on GT5.

CHEERS aussie

PS
    Cyber will not be there as he is at the Island for the GP
  2. zampli

zampli Team Driver

yeah sounds good, will suit us a lot better
  3. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Season 9 Round 3 (Sprint)

Sprint 1

01. aussie_man21
    02. warrior2167
    03. ENFORCER_98
    04. Anon666
    05. Zampli
    06. Chevwah
    07. thestig-13
    08. NOS_NeishyA4-GTE
    09. Blueyounder-666-

Sprint 2 (Half Points)

01. warrior2167
    02. aussie_man21
    03. Chevwah
    04. ENFORCER_98
    05. thestig-13
    06. Zampli
    07. Anon666
    08. Blueyounder-666-
    09. NOS_NeishyA4-GTE (disconnected)

Points & Placings after the 2 Sprints

S1.......S2........TOTAL
    01. aussie_man21____________ 25 + 9 = 34
    02. warrior2167______________ 18 + 12.5 = 30.5
    03. ENFORCER_98____________ 15 + 6 = 21
    04. Chevwah________________ 8 + 7.5 = 15.5
    05. Anon666________________ 12 + 3 = 15
    06. Zampli__________________ 10 + 4 = 14
    07. thestig-13_______________ 6 + 5 = 11
    08. NOS_NeishyA4-GTE________ 4 + 0.5 = 4.5
    09. Blueyounder-666-_________ 2 + 2 = 4
  4. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    League Ladder Updated.
  5. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Interesting, still no Dan Holland :/
  6. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    I'd be surprised if he show's again tbh mate.
  7. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Well actually he did come, just with the earlier start, the race had already begun

EDIT: I'm pretty sure thats what happened?
  8. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Really? i didn't see Holland in the room!

Well i did sent out a few messages to Holland while he was online. I guess he doesn't read/check them very often.

So i guess that is a reminder to every1 Check the forum (Sunday arvo) and your messages JUST IN CASE!
  9. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Please check ur points for me fellas and make sure i haven't ripped or pick pocketed points from you. Cheers aus.
  10. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    hi guys,

This weeks race has been postponed till next week (11th nov) as a result of the poll created by ENFORCER_98. The new round dates have been added to the season 9 calendar.

Following concerns from various drivers the tyre regs for season 9 have changed.
    The regs are now as follows for the remaining 45 min races.
    You can run either the hard or soft tire for qually, but you must start the race on that tire.
    You are only allowed to have 1 pit stop during the race, and you must run both compounds during the race. The tires will do this comfortably. It's up to you when you come in, and how hard you push the softs.
    We will keep this tire model for the remaining rounds.
    The exception will be the enduro, regs to finalized for that round.

cheers cyber,
  11. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well, you wouldn't believe it, PD have changed the tire model again........

So after some testing last night we will run the same tire regs and the fuel / tire settings need to be put to "fast".

The wear rate and fuel rate is a little faster, but will be easy to get to the end of the race.

Any problems PM me and will sort out any issues that way. Cant take a trick at the moment !!!

Stu
  12. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    Did they finally put in adjustable tire wear? That's good news right?
  13. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Yeah Neishy they did,

Its not bad news :p
    feels a little different, nothing over the top but.
  14. zampli

zampli Team Driver

f##k##g hell, way for me to stuff that up. was looking good for a (potential) podium. when i had to pit, i rushed it and had different compounds front and back. plus i was only going to put 5 litres in which wouldnt have gotten me very far.
    wish there was someway to pre-plan pitstops and change if need be, second time this has happened for me.
    some good battles while it lasted, and a massive waste of points for me:(
  15. fRZn

fRZn Team Driver

PSN ID
    fRZnAU
    Screwed my pit stops as well. First stop I pulled in and the Tyres/Fuel box didn't show up - I ended up with a fresh set of softs. Pulled back into the pits a lap later to put on fresh hards then at about lap 25 I ran out of fuel. Rather than steal points I left
  16. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Well that was an interesting race...

It is quite obvious that there was some weird stuff going on tonight, and for those who are going to post about, remember that mod's and admin did not make this game nor did they change the tyre and fuel model mid-season, PD did. Please no flaming the people in charge. Personally I had done limited practice, and had done no long stints so had no idea how fuel and tyres would last...3 pitstops will confirm that.

@Zamp's and Frzn, look, when in doubt, just try and keep racing. That's what we're here for after all.

Btw, well done to Warrior, way too quick. And Stig, strong second. ? the rest.
  17. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Thanks Anon, my first official race win. The 2.09 update really did screw with people's races today. Race results were as follows:
    1. warrior2167 7. Anon
    2. stig13 8. DNF blueyonder
    3. Enforcer 9. DNF fRZnAU
    4. Chevwah 10. DNF Neishy
    5. Cyber 11. DNF Zampli
    6. aussie

However, with all the chaos and confusion caused by the update I think no one should get DQed. I think everyone should still get points based on whether they were within the regulations or not. This is when everyone pited and what tyres they put on:
    1. warrior2167: RH - 1st stop lap 14 RS
    2. stig13 : RH - 1st stop lap 18 RS
    3. Enforcer : RH - 1st stop lap 16 RS - 2nd stop(low fuel) lap 31 RS
    4. Chevwah : RS - 1st stop lap 14 - (ran out) 2nd stop lap 25 RH - (ran out) 3rd stop lap 29 RS
    5. Cyber : RS - 1st stop lap 14 - 2nd stop (low fuel) lap 23 RH - (ran out) 3rd stop lap 28 RH
    6. aussie : RH - 1st stop lap 17 - (ran out) 2nd stop lap 29 RS
    7. Anon : RS - 1st stop lap 13 RH - 2nd stop (low fuel) lap 24 RH - 3rd stop (low fuel) RH
    8. blue : RH - 1st stop lap 13 SS - 2nd stop lap 14 RS - (ran out) 3rd stop lap 24 (stayed in pit and retired on lap 29)
    9. fRZnAU : RS - 1st stop lap 15 RS - 2nd stop lap 16 RH - (ran out) 3rd stop lap 26 RH - retired lap 27
    10. Neishy : RS - 1st stop lap 15 RH - retired lap 27 (steering failure)
    11. Zampli : RH - 1st stop lap 18 (fronts RH rear RS) retired

Here's what I was thinking, people who only used 1 set of softs should be bumped up ahead.
  18. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    OK,

Have had a chat to a few of the guys after the race and although the tire and fuel burn models have changed mid season i cant see any other option than to let the results stand, people who have pitted twice will be DSQ'd. That also means that a DSQ cant be used as your "drop your worst round". Unfortunate, but rules are rules and we live and learn.

That means 0 points for those people, and points for those who managed to do the right thing and get through on one stop and both tires.

Now before you flame me for this decision can you please remember a few things.

1. The rules of the league MUST come before the race results. Changing them because a lot of us screwed up does nothing for the integrity of the league or forum. I dont like the idea of spending 3 days looking at a protest, trying to do the right thing by the league and you, the racers, only to have that diluted by ignoring the rules next race after we all stuff up on our calculations.

In reality the fuel burn change caught a lot of us out, and while I would love to blame the game for ME stuffing up, the reality is i knew it was 4 ltrs per lap, but it didnt click that i wouldnt get to the end. That isn't the games fault.

2. I would ask that you give Aussie and Myself a little slack. We have both worked our arses off to get this off the ground, managed to get us to 4 divisions, and have generally done a heap of hours. We certainly didn't predict that there would be 2 HUGE changes in the space of a month to screw things over, so please cut us a little slack.

I think in div 1 it doesnt have a huge effect, div 2 will give the champ to Nuggett (or very close to it), not sure about div 3 or 4.

So captains, can you please put up the results with the drivers that finished within the rules as your top placed finishers, those that pitted twice, or didnt run the right tires will be dsq. Can you help out by letting the captains know if you should be dsq.

Stu.
  19. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    FASTEST LAPS

ENFORCER_98 - 1:19.545
    aussie_man21 - 1:19.946
    thestig-13 - 1:20.705
    warrior2167 - 1:20.726
    blueyonder-666 - 1:20.741
    Cyber_STIG_77 - 1:20.896