Division 2/3 SEASON 13

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    He'll add you soon as he's online mate. See you tonight.
  2. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    no worries,i'll be opening shortly & will tend to it
  3. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Shouldn't a sprint race be a 'balls out' run to the finish? I think I might have to pit....
  4. hr31gts

hr31gts New Recruit

PSN ID
    hr31gts
    123.2's on worn tyres lap 16... could be interesting for the guys that don't pit
  5. dperry586

dperry586 New Recruit

PSN ID
    perry586
    Bad news.
    Have had a few last minute things some up that will see me in and out over the next few weeks. Instead of being a "maybe" every single race, I'm just going to sit it out.
    Wasn't exactly a brilliant start to my season anyway.
    I'll catch up with you all for GT6.
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    That's a shame Dave. No worries.

GT6 isn't far off so hopefully catch you on track soon.
  7. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    I'm still in just hope the internet is with me :rolleyes::D
  8. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I hear that...
  9. SerenityInSpeed

SerenityInSpeed Rookie

PSN ID
    HazeOne68
    Soz i had to pull out guys. Wasn't feelin too hot all day, but i thought i could hold on. My PS froze on exiting the lounge too!:) Seca's my bogey track for a reason!
  10. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Firstly want to start will a couple of apologies. Got a false start in race one sitting on pole(unlucky leeboy) and had (Emmo?) run up my arse causing a few others to get involved in an incident that shouldn't have happened. I was kissing the wall trying to get out of the way but I guess Emmo was unsighted back in the pack.
    sorry to emmo for pushing you wide and off track later in the race mate, we were having an awesome battle and it was not clean in the slightest, made sure to redress I know but it cost us both a position.
    sorry to bj for getting in your way mate. my steering was in a mind of its own after T-boning turbo two corners before.

And lastly to Turbo. sorry about the rant in the room mate, was hot under the collar after a dismal first race for my season. Was not your fault I hit you.

Well done Stumbles on race 1 win.

well done Evil for keeping me sweating and watching the gap back to you like a hawk. from a max of 5 sec down to 1.3 at one point. You had me worried over the last few laps.
  11. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    A night that started well, and turned to a smelly brown lump.
    Firstly, I want to apologize to Emmo, not sure if I was the last straw, I did wait for you after that tap into the last turn on lap 7 in race 2, but you pulled over and stopped.

Right, Race 1, got a blinder start from 3rd on the grid, (feel sorry for Leeboy, got pole and DSC during the countdown). After T_B's jump start, I got around him and managed to pass OD before turn 1, from then on, I just put head down - bum up and got out of there... until I threw away a 7 second lead losing it around the left after the corkscrew on lap 9 (I think). Chased Ad2mny for the rest of the race and got the better of him with a lap to go. I win ... YAY!!!!
    [​IMG]

Race 2...
    Started last... and stayed there...lol (almost, anyway). I ran wide trying not to hit Turbo and Emmo as the battled into the corkscrew, which made me cut the corner and get three consecutive penalties.. one when I backed out of the wall (did the same to me in practice, you'd think I'd learn from that huh??...lol).
    More mistakes, a bump on Emmo as mentioned above, my slowing to let him back through put me even further behind, more spins, a race to forget.
    [​IMG]

Congrats to the podium getters, and to OverDrivve for the fastest lap (race 1).
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  12. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    OverDrivve got a 19.2
    Stumbles likes this.
  13. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Sorry I delayed you by not getting back on track Stumbles, I felt a bit deflated after being belted like a punching bag most of the night. Obviously I was getting in everyone's way. I even slowed to let Turbo by about a lap after he turned me around at the cork screw and suspected he might do it again, I thought I would be safer behind him and then managed to run myself off the road next lap when I ended up running side by side with Turbo and HR after they had a bumping match coming onto the finishing straight. I ended up running down to turn one side by side on the outside of Turbo and ran off the road trying to keep from getting hit again. Definitely didn't enjoy any of that, though I did have some other good clean battles along the way.
    In the first race I was pleased to come from last to 5th, (which unfortunately became sixth after some contact), I had to come from way back after I clobbered TB on the grid and got turned around by the impact.
    In the second race I managed to run in 5th for a while before the racing incidents put me to the back of the pack. Once I had been bounced back to last I lost interest.
  14. hr31gts

hr31gts New Recruit

PSN ID
    hr31gts
    Interesting about so called bumping match... especially when you chose to more or less drive through me when I ghosted after i was bumed out of the corner... and then directly after that i'm forced off the track by you? I thought I did quiet well given what happened. I hope there are no hard feelings, I'm not overly worried, it is just a game at the end of the day, we need to remember :):):):) is going to happen, and if it does, we just need to get back into the flow, as you never know what is going to happen on the next corner.
  15. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah, it's a very hard track guys, we all know that.

So long as people redress if there is an issue then all should be ok in the long run. I think we have all done enough racing that we know (or hope) that any contact is unintentional.

It can be frustrating emmo when any issues seem to follow you around the track. The thing around Laguna is that any off track driving is usually bulk time, so it's like you get penalized twice, and you end up back in the pack against some of the slower drivers and things get compounded.

Good news is that we move onto Fuji, long straights, plenty of passing spots, and much less sand !
    Ad2mny and bjh1012 like this.
  16. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Crap, fixed :)
  17. DarkAce

DarkAce Geoff Vincent

PSN ID
    darkace_123
    I would just like to say reverse grids suck:eek: when you're off the pace (like yours truly) you run the risk of wrecking someone's chances, especially when there racing for a championship. Hope I didn't slow you guys down too much, or get in anyone's way, or cause any of the disturbances that occurred.:mad: On a different note, I seem to come last or there abouts in most races but somehow still 3rd in group B:confused: try and figure!. Looks like if I keep showing up and keep doing my own thing I've got myself a half decent result. Does anyone use the racing view that has the review mirror? Or a better question is which view do you guys find gives you the faster times? For the life of me I can't work out how to get my times faster. My goal is to at least be competitive in my times by seasons end. Any help is greatly appreciated:D
    emmo46 likes this.
  18. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    will get ladders done shortly, any objections to hr31 getting my points from the first two rounds?
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46

This is just the icing on the cake for me, NOT. The so called bumping match you found interesting was when Disto tapped you at the last corner lap 6, I was right behind and saw it happen. After the contact between you two, you ran wide and ghosted on the exit line and disto fishtailed to the inside. As for chosing to more or less drive through you I didn't have much choice, Disto was doing a rhumba on the left and you were travelling slower than I was on the racing line and ghosted. I couldn't move to the left because disto was still there and once I got enough room I moved left to clear you. We then all ran three abreast to the kink with disto on the inside, me in the middle and you on the outside. I don't think you and I touched but if we did it ceratinly wasn't intentional, I had to give turbo room on the inside. There isn't enough room for three cars to go through the kink side by side and I'm very sorry you ran out of room out there.I guess I should have just pulled up back at the last turn after you and turbo touched and let you and Turbo get on with it.
    I certainly have no hard feelings towards you, why should I?. You and I had a good battle earlier in the night and I was thinking to myself that you handled it all very well for your first race.
    You are right though, :):):):) happens and I guess this time I just had a lot more than I could handle.
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
    bjh1012 likes this.
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks for the encouragement Stu, I'll put this behind me and move on.
    bjh1012 likes this.