Division 2/3 SEASON 13

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 15, 2013.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    No Probs T_B, I was looking in my mirror and didn't see you crawling off the grid until it was too late. The later incident was just one of those things, you also seemed to have had a rough time in the first race but you made up for it in race two really well though, good race.
    Ad2 had the race I was hoping for in race one. I had intended to non stop and stay close enough to take advantage as others pitted. The plan didn't get past the first 50 meters. LOL
  2. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    At least you got a race Emmo! Can't believe I got another DSC after taking pole...
    Oh well, move on to Fuji and see if I can at least make the grid :)
    Ad2mny and emmo46 like this.
  3. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    You certainly have my sympathy Leeboy, it really sux big time. If your connection ever holds on I think you will be in for some big wins soon.
  4. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Don't get me started on connection issues so frustrating.
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    That's all you can do guys, put it behind you and move on.

A few of us have been around a while to know that not every race goes exactly to plan, and sometimes we get together on track and it goes a little pear shaped. 3 through the kink doesn't sound good !!!

Can I remind everyone that if there is a complaint or protest situation please address it in the pm section or through the mods so we don't get any issues

Cheers stu
    Ad2mny likes this.
  6. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    If you think there was an issue, save the replay and check it first before getting upset about it. In the heat of battle mistakes can be made and misjudgments of car positions, or a car in the mix that wasn't even noticed. A cool head is better for judging who was right or wrong.
    stucar17 and emmo46 like this.
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I doubt that would be fair to the other competitors in Div 3.
  8. dperry586

dperry586 New Recruit

PSN ID
    perry586
    I might even pop in to watch a few races.
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I won't be protesting any body, each incident in it's own right was just one of those things you'd expect to happen with such a powerful car, big fields, reverse grids and a tricky track. It was just the sum of them that got to me. If hr31 wants to protest then he should. I suggest he watches the replay before he does though.
  10. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    Hay what a great race day.:)some good bits:Dsome bad bits :mad: but no time stew over it practise time
    for next sunday Cheers BJ:p:D:D
    stucar17 and emmo46 like this.
  11. hr31gts

hr31gts New Recruit

PSN ID
    hr31gts
    No need for me to protest emmo, If I had of been following and seen the piss poor lap I did, I may have done the same. I was all over the place! Its been a while since I had to deal with any sort of pressure, my first lap was a prime example. Funny enough after all that, most of my laps were pretty decent.

I'm looking forward to more tho, The last 3 leagues I ran there was only 2 other guys running at my 'skill level', the rest of the field were either 1/2 a lap in front or 1/2 a lap behind me. CJ can confirm that. I've already labled you Frosty in my mind as your very good at holding your place. I just hope I can keep it clean for future battles!

Anyways I'll be on most nights this week so if anyone wants to jump on and rub fenders to help improve our times, feel free to add me and jump in my lobby :)
    stucar17 likes this.
  12. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Had a pretty good round with 2 fourths,although was a bit annoyed with turbo for passing while i was recovering,along with Tim,from damage caused when i came around turn 2 to find him at 90 degrees to the straight,and caused both of us to take avoiding action,causing damage to both sides of my front end:(. Turbo seemed a bit perplexed as to why:confused:,but when i pointed out you can't take advantage of others misfortune he caused:oops:,he understood where i was coming from and stated he would take heed in future:confused:.As i pointed out,he only had to wait a few corners,but attacked at the point i was wiggling under brakes into turn 4 as the steering started to normalise & still attempting to get traction with dirty tyres. Apart from that it was a bit up and down. Race 2,i got a good start ,jumping to 3rd,holding Ad off for half the race,but used too much tyre,allowing OD past for the podium after outbreaking myself into turn 1,ending up in the sand. Overall not bad for no stop strategy!:)Well done Stumbles Race 1,Tim Race 2. Onto the infamous Wet & Misty Fuji for a race that could be decided by who can hold the most consistent speed down the straight!
  13. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Yea, well Dek to be honest I sorta still am a bit perplexed. I knew what you meant by your statement, but I couldn't really see how I took advantage of the situation. I mean, you guys were behind me at the time and I lost at least 2 positions out of it. I made my own mistake chasing down the guy in front of me, and spun. It was only lap 5 so the field was still relatively close together. During my spin I was collected by both you & T_b. The car was out of control before the point of impact, i was along for the ride. Had I been re-entering the track without looking out for oncoming traffic I could understand you a bit better.

Now as for attacking you or waiting until your damage cleared, well I had no idea you even had damage, or even if I did, when it would clear off. Arriving into Turn 4, you were travelling 45 KM/H SLOWER that I was at the same point! 45KM/H! I literally could not slow down any faster and moved across to avoid hitting you. It may have seemed like an attempted pass, and in all reality had I been a little closer I would have taken it, but it wasn't. So it is really a big stretch to say I was taking advantage of a misfortune I had caused, especially when I didn't even pass you until a couple laps later.

I've lost count at the number of times I have been caught up in other peoples incidents, and end up either losing spots or at the back of the pack, and the instigator gets away ahead of me. I certainly have never expected them to wait or hold off, it's just luck of the draw.
  14. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Sounded like you guy's had all the fun :) - our division sounds boring by comparison!
  15. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    If you watch the replay you'll see that both Tim and i had to take avoiding action as you were prostrate at 90% to the track,CAUSING us both to go off track,dirtying tyres and causing damage which i was going 45 km/h slower because of. I did nothing to cause the damage,which was only just "repairing" into turn 4. You attacked immediately,including hitting rear end upsetting the tyres even more.You got no penalty except for being sideways,so were able to run full pace immediately.There's a big difference between being caught up in a Racing incident,and being caught by someone elses mistake that you had nothing to do with,only because that person wasn't thinking about what was going on around them.I had no problem with the fact that it happened,only the way you took advantage IMMEDIATELY after. You should have given me a few more cnrs to be sure i'd had recovered from the incident you caused. It's totally different if we all were battling at the time,but we weren't. You simply spun,caused grief,then carried on as if nothing happened,bashing my rear end over and over while i was trying to hold you off with dirty tyres,bottom line it's poor sportsmanship.It astonishes me you didn't have any idea what i was on about! It's the same when you passed Tim at end lap 2.If you had got damage from hitting Tim when he got slightly loose.Did you notice i backed out after giving you a nudge in turn 1.I could've driven straight on and shoved you off but didn't,and get repaid in the next half a lap by you spinning,then jumping all over me! If stewards were active in the race,you would have got a drive through penalty. what's done is done,but you need to be more aware of others around you. It only ended up costing me 1 place,but look what it did to Tim,absolutely stuffed him!You may have had a small amount of damage,both Tim & I had much more and dirty tyres. It seemed like poor sportsmanship & you didn't give a rats,just went on your merry way. You actually should've waited for Tim to pass you,recover,then went again.Tim went back to 9th out of it! And as far as "IN All REALITY",had you passed i would have protested. It all goes down to what map scale you use and which view.If you use bumper cam & normal map you never have any idea what is going on around you,& if you've just caused an incident with people ,YOU MUST REDRESS,even if it costs multiple positions.It was not my fault you spun right in front of me,or Tim's,so you should have waited.Look how much ground Stumbles lost in race 2 after his altercation with emmo for an example. I'm sure he didn't like doing it,but knew it was the right thing to do. Reverse me you & Tim and you should understand where we were coming from. Here's a couple of pics of the incident.

Laguna Seca Raceway_4.jpg
    Laguna Seca Raceway_6.jpg
    Laguna Seca Raceway_3.jpg
    Laguna Seca Raceway_7.jpg
    Laguna Seca Raceway_8.jpg

As you can see,you drove straight past Tim before he recovered,he was still ghosted! The whole point is to take notice of your actions and situations caused by them,not just drive on oblivious.Tim ended up last as the damage he got caused incidents down the next straight,him ending up severely damaged. It's over now,but remember this in the future,i'm sure you don't want to be known as a Win at all costs type of person. i know it wasn't intentional,but some awareness is all that is needed. Most off tracks will take half a lap to clear & if a person is severely struggling to stop,maintain line,etc after an incident you were involved in,they must have damage or dirty tyres,so give them quarter and all will be happy,easy! No Malice intended,just explaining point of view.
    Point is i didn't get a chance to recover, tracks with sand traps take longer to clean tyres & you should've been behind Tim,& even though you didn't actually pass till 2 laps later,the pressure never allowed me to normalise my tyres. It doesn't matter what lap something happened either,penalties would still be the the same,& you should have an idea how long damage takes to clear,you;ve been playing long enough.
    That's all i have to say on the matter.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  16. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Lads, it was a really tough round and both rooms have seen some horn locking over incidents. There are stewards and we can't act immediately, but we can act. I am happy for this conversation to continue, but in private. Please include Stumbles, Stu and myself in the conversation though.

Alternately, if neither of you are looking at taking this further, and indeed are simply arguing over semantics, then can I suggest a filling, tasty treat I discovered on the weekend. It's another variation of the already amazing boost bar, the boost toffee crunch!
    [​IMG]
    I suggest we all eat 2 of these followed by a bottle of scotch. Laguna Seca will become a distant, foggy, hung-overy memory.....
    Ad2mny and DekGT5mad like this.
  17. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    It's not a case of stewards mate,just pointing out of race ethics is all.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Agree anon...

The reality is that the penalty / ghosting system is flawed and catches everyone out at some stage during the season.

If you saw what happened to me at Rome you might have suggested that i was hard done by, but in reality its just the nature of the beast..
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Am gong to take this discussion to a private conversation guys......
    Ad2mny likes this.
  20. hr31gts

hr31gts New Recruit

PSN ID
    hr31gts
    See, Boost fixes everything!
    JonoStan96 and Ad2mny like this.