Division 2 (S6)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by carn_the_pies, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    well, finally got time to run a decent number of laps last night, put simply......im in trouble. :(

Aussie, i am absolutely completely buggered if i know how you did a 1.03.00 on 7 lap old tires. I did about 30 laps last night, i ran different lines, different brake points, tried different gears, ran full tanks and half tanks, swore, smiled, tried hard, tried smooth, raced with nuggett and used the draft, and best i did was a 4.1.....nuggett about a 4.4.......we were both running consistant 4s by the end though so it might be ok..

Its a worry when you nearly rage quit in a prac session :lol: :lol:

Anyway, off to do some yoga so i can try to find my mojo again :mad:

will be on again tonight so hopefully can catch up with some of you for a learning session.....

Stu
  2. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    don't worry Stu as i said in a msg before i've only done it once and haven't been able to get that low again the best sense then is a 1.03.5XX
    i don't know how the hell i did that 1.03.022 whether that was a glitch lap or just one very freakishly awesome Jezza type lap.
    And i seem to be have problems with the slipstream and tires in the pack, so if i get in this week and stay in, i think i'm going to have trouble with dodging and diving around with the pack of rev heads.
    So my solution and plan is easy
    1. Put my racing socks on and put my elbows up.
    2. Engage warp engines.
    3. get pole
    4. Say eat my fumes, dust and rubber smoke :lol:
    5. take fastest lap
    6. Get to checked flag, (or steal it) :lol:
    that no probs m8 i understand the rage & pain you went through, you should have send me a msg i would have done a reset.

no to worry m8, only ended up get 5 in the room last night for the test of my lounge ( 6 for a couple minutes while we had pedal-less Tek :lol: )
  3. MrTopCat

MrTopCat New Recruit

apololgies Aussie. I had all good intentions of rejoining your lounge last nite, but too much beer and not enough common sense prevailed...... Paying for it now though.
  4. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Oh sheeeeeettttttttt........................... :lol::eek::eek:

Bit more work to do.............
  5. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Lots of work to do here :p
  6. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    :lol: thats ok m8 i was in the same state of :):):):)faced, by the end of the night i barely get out of cockpit. mmmm RUM YUM :)
  7. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Aussie is hosting tonight fellas so dont forget. See yas tonight and good luck, I havent done a single lap practice and have done pretty bad at rome in the past so expect to be down the pack.
  8. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Same with me, had time to practice but been BF3'ing more. I notice that i've fallen into the feeling that Sunday racing is now a chore. And i'm saddened by it. I love racing.
    And, i'm still friggin' useless at shooting :):):):). lol
  9. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

:lol: You will still beat the crappola outa me... I don't think it's the tracks, I think it's just my dislike of the car :(
  10. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Sorry for tonights outburst all. I was being nagged at and put my output in the wrong place :(

P.S: The ZR1 is a piece of crap and I find it hard to understand why anyone in their right mind would have even consider voting for it... I might save everyone the issue and retire from the series.
  11. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Not sure if running from your room worked out 100% Aussie. I'm not sure about race 1 but race 2 was buggy as. I nearly ran into Dougz a few times so I backed off and tried a different approach, and hoped for a mistake, thankfully he pitted. Then I came up to Stu or Tek, and it was the same thing. Not sure if my passing was super clean, but your cars were going everywhere lads and I was hoping I had track position. Then Aussie disappeared on the second last lap!?!? Ahhh, PSN give us a break!!
  12. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Na no problems Rumbles mate , too easy. Was abt of an eventful night.

Bad luck to Aussie disconnect 2nd race near the end while winning. Im happy enough to give you the win if it was close to the end, see what others think. When you got dumped you got that thing where your cars flys around a lap like a rocket. It cleaned me up and I copped full damage to everything allowing M1k to get past.

Annon, wins the round anyway. Suprised u pitted 2nd race Barra. Not sure what happened to doug second race, he was behind me entering the straight then he was gone not sure u pitted or not.

I got dumped and the end of the race, so I couldnt save race 2 replay.

Sorry to azza to who showed up but got disconnected, shame.
  13. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Hmm.. I agree with you there Anon. All that stuffing around at the start was annoying the hell out of me.. I felt like just running the 18 laps by myself when everyone left for a restart.
    About the buggy thing. My car kept stopping for about half a second then would go again. It was killing some of my lap times.
    Qualified 2nd, was happy with that. It went downhill from there. Fried my tyres and couldnt drive the thing straight at the end and dropped from about 4th to 7th on the last lap. Was so annoyed. So i thought i'd pit in the second race. Didnt work out for me either. There just wasnt enough laps to make up the time. I was quickly closing in on Tek and Miki right at the end.. but wasnt close enough to get past.
    Pretty disappointed with my finishing positions. Once again it will be nice and close up front of the points again.

Congrats Anon.. Just too good tonight mate.
  14. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I'm happy to give Aussie the win for race 2. I wasn't chasing him. My rears had gone (in prac, etc it was my fronts that were wearing? Come race 1, slightly more rear wear, but not bad. Race 2 rears were disappearing much quicker!?!?). With about 4 laps to go I started trying to reach over and grab the controller to adjust brake bias to the front. Nearly crashed about 4 times and kept forgetting to use the gears. Finally got the controller, waited for a straight....nothing, flat battery, fffffffffuuuuuu#@#!!!! So just went into cruise mode, and then Aussie booted himself from his own room??? Like I said, I'm happy to give him the win, but it might rob others of points so you may want to get everyone's input.
  15. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    first thing i Not going to talk about the race, it really a painfully subject. :( :(
    Yeah Tek i CAN'T let you do that M8, as much as i would love the points but it not fair to every1 else.
    rules are rules, and there there for the simple fact to keep it fair and above board. (i don't want any special treatment)
    and i feel as tho that the :):):):) that happen tonight is due to connection and its failure to stay connected at the moment :mad:
    And i not sure if it was just me but i notice things were just :):):):)ty, and people that usually stay in or don't have problems were.
    in the end i felt guilty and really really :):):):).coz every1 is trying to help with my net issues and i thank every1 for their help but i don't think it can be fix at the moment. bottom line is that i'm affecting every1's season and just can't have that on mind.. SORRY GUYS

so i think DIV2 should be ran back in ur room/s Tek / Barra. and i just try and join the room like every1 else does and what happens happens.

so THANK YOU every1 for ur help, patience and god knows keeping ur cool with me and my BUT NET connection. :lol:
    i will still try and join, race (mean stay in) and kick all ur arse's :lol: :cool: :lol: this is NOT good Bye I'LL BE BACK!!!! :p :lol:
  16. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

I'm happy to do a red flag scenario, to the lap of everyones choice. Maybe something could be added to tha rules for this situation.
    And Tek, sorry about getting past you. I didn't know you had that trouble (in race 2). During race 1, I came around a corner into what I thought would be a ghost Rumbles(a few laps down), but didn't ghost and coppped a collision penalty as well as full front damage(tyres and motor) allowing Barra who pitted, fresh incentive.
    Will do results tonight after work.
    Will agree with Neishy's comments in Div 1 thread. "This game is not adequate for league racing".
    Why is this game like a model girlfriend, talk about High Maintenance. After 1 year and more difficult than when it was released.
  17. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    captains discretion regarding the final result, ive awarded first place before to someone who dropped out with only 2-3 laps to go and was clearly winning.
  18. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    I'm not bothered if we award Aussie the race two win, especially if the guys running 2-3-4 at the time are happy with it. I wasnt going to catch him :lol:

Another GT5 online race, more network fails.... Im glad someone spoke up after we started the first race, I was on the verge of disappearing to watch the cricket.
    It didnt improve much after that. I had worked out during the week that 15 laps was the best I could do on tyres, so definitely had to pit. Game over. The race was about 2-3 laps short to make the finish interesting. Nearly caught Miki in race 1, and had 8 laps in the sun in race 2 before I pitted.

This really is a chore at the moment - a car I dont like, and turning up for a 8.40 race on Sunday which is yet to start before 9pm because of all of the network related :):):):)-ups
  19. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well that was interesting...... i really think that most of the probs we had was due to Aussie hosting (no offense Aussie)

Its a shame, because this track can lend itself to some great racing. Its also a shame that some of you aren't "feeling the love" of seasons past. It is a tough car, i think made more frustrating by the weekly glitching and last night with the slippery cobblestone track.

Just think, 3 more weeks then we can pick everything again and hope we get back to the close, hard, glitch free racing of the last few seasons. :D

One thing i am wondering is if the car selection NOT being from the selected garage is having anything to do with the problems? Does it load the system more creating probs because we are running with our own cars??? I have no idea ( still struggling with teks pings and pongs from last season !!)

As for last nights results, is a real gray area...... am happy for whatever is decided but precedents have been set last few seasons when the same thing has happened. Neishy and i got screwed last season at spa........as i say, am happy with what ever is decided though. Its a fun thing for me, although i do kick the neighbors dog when im not competitive. :lol: :lol:

Rumbles, dont pull out mate. Use it as a learning curve. They are a great bunch of guys, and all of us are looking to race with bigger grids. We all want the series to grow, not get smaller. ;) Hopefully next series we get a car that everyone can race close, and that everyone is comfortable with.

Will be back later for a race report..oh, and what the hell is div 3 doing running with boost on !! funny stuff :lol: :lol:

Cheers
    Stu
  20. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Each to their own eh, I'm personally lovin the car this season, it's the lack of practice/preparation that's costing me results, maybe next season we should select something a bit more drivable though, something that doesn't bite quite so hard when you make a slight slipup...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.