Division 2 (S6)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by carn_the_pies, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    O' ok it just seem so Unfair, but whatever happens i'm not fussed points or no points my season is the crapper
    first thanks Barra
    for the the starting late that probably my fault as well :lol: but as i said i'm not hosting anything from now on.
    as for the network related :):):):)-ups that probably me too..
    :( :lol:
    No offense taken m8, just watch ya back on the track :lol:
    just kidding Stu, i sorta thought that last night was a big balls up anyways,
    i agree this track can be great for racing specially with the cars like ZR1 (high HP). by i'm a bit biased as i love the track.

i agree that Rumbles shouldn't leave, if ur have trouble m8 i try and help ya.
    can't wait to read ur report stu,
    div3 boost on.
    :/ :/ :/ :/ :/
    i agree with you snake, i started the season with massive hate for the ZR1 but now i must say i love it, but i think that coz practiced so god dam much :lol: but we must keep the forum competitive
  2. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I dont want everyone to be to down, :):):):) happens I guess. Maybe rome is abit funny, because when I hosted the last race there (back in div 3) we had issues there, we got the black screen before race 2 (which im sure stu might remember).

The same thing happened race 2 last night, took a while to load then it was quite buggy.

Oh Annon no probs from me when you passed me I got a little wide, and M1k not a problem u take what u can get and the same thing happen to me once in season 4, so all good.
  3. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

I really dont mind the car. It can be a handful at times. I like the challenge of it though. Its a shame people arent enjoying it. Although i really didnt enjoy last night. I really didnt think Aussie hosting was a good idea. All the stuffing around just made me frustrated. Then a :):):):) result to follow didnt make things any better. I guess racing with guys that are so evenly paced i cant expect to be up front all the time.. As much as i'd like to be haha.

Bring on Grand Valley. Hopefully we'll have a good race there, trouble free, and it lightens the mood in this place.
  4. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    the last 3 tracks are great tracks

grand valley is a GT original and a super track
    suzuka again another classic
    and the ring Is a corker as well.

I picked rome as one of the tracks that may not be great this season.
  5. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    I dunno, I had a lot of fun last night tbh, would've been my strongest round if it wasn't for my spin in the first race and I'd done next to no practice, I thought the layout/limited space made for some great racing too, my opinion.
  6. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Race results and fastest laps for Rome sprint round.
    Note: Race 2 Red flag at end of lap 16. (Just before it hits the fan).
    Anon 27
    Aussie 18
    Stuart 15
    Teknique 12
    Miki 10
    Barra 8
    Dougz 6
    Venosuala 4
    RBRacing 2

Fastest Laps
    1.04:045 Anon Race 1
    1.04:534 Dougz Race 2
    1.04:552 Teknique Race 2
    1.04:625 Aussie Race 2
    1.04:729 Barra Race 1
    1.04:904 Stuart Race 1
    1.05:197 Venosuala Race 1
    1.05:531 Miki Race 2
    1.06:768 RBRacing Race 2
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Now that its been sorted a quick race report ......

I didnt think i was going to make it at all, i drove back from Batemans Bay and a trip that is usually 2 hrs 15 turned into a 3 3/4 hr nightmare. The heaviest rain i have driven in for a very long time hit us 3 times, and i am talking 30 kph, with hazards on just so we didnt crash, or get hit. Hail, trees down and water everywhere......Bloody ordinary, but we made it and i managed to get in to the :):):):) fight before qually started for the first race. (and yes aussie, the prawns and oysters were very nice :D )

After i got my :):):):) together, i managed a 4.8 which put me 4th. Was happy with that, and was more focused on getting through 18 laps with out having to stop. The first few laps were a good scrap with Aussie and Tek, (3 wide nearly didn't work for us into the right hander onto the back straight) before aussie got a little break and chased down Dougz who was starting to struggle with tires. With about 5 to go i got past after he had a slide onto the back straight, and with Anon about 8 secs up the road we both went into "make it home" mode. With 2 to go i saw Aussie sideways into the fence on the pit straight, i drove past VERY happy thinking he had killed his rubber, only to have him shoot past again through 1 and 2 in a cloud of smoke, sparks and from me swear words. Whatever you pressed dont do it again cause it scared the :):):):) out of me :lol: :lol: Was happy to finish 3rd.

Race 2 is always an interesting start at rome in a reverse grid race. I started 9th i think ??? and the usual :):):):) fight through 1, 2, and 3 saw me up to 4th at the end of the first lap (no i didnt hit anyone !). Barra was leading, with tek, aussie and me chasing him down with Anon not far behind. I got past Tek on the front straight, and after Barra surprisingly pitted was up to 2nd. I cruised for a while and with about 4 to go had anon on my tail. He got passed me after i overcooked it trying to get passed a back-marker which for me was the most frustrating thing of the night. Then all hell broke loose with aussie bouncing around like a squash ball on crack. I must admit that i originally thought that the win should go to anon, but looking at the replay and the effect it had on tek, and other cars, the right decision i think was made.

(can i add here that while its not a huge issue, if you are getting lapped, regardless of your tires, you really should move out of the way of the leaders. Twice now my race has been affected by back-markers where ive been distracted into a mistake. Very frustrating, and maybe i am wrong in my thinking so just let me know and i will get back in my box if i am)

Anyway, had some good scraps with Tek, aussie and Dougz on a tricky track in a tricky car. Stick with it guys, only 3 rounds to go then we get to pick everything again, and hopefully everyone has the fun factor back.

Cheers
    Stu
  8. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah me 2 minus the SPIN but plus a disconnection :/ :lol: again. my strongest finish this SEASON, and my strongest sprint EVER 2nd & a 1st.
    and i would have to agree the track always makes for tight awesome racing. some like it at rome so don't.
    @ Tek/Barra
    did you fellas get the msg about running the room back in ur room/s?
  9. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Just a note there has been a protest which i havent had a chance to review yet, so no results are official ATM.
    /cheers
  10. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    I may have, but missed it in the leave/rejoin cycle I got myself into to be able to see everyone.

Back to Tek's room this week lads?
  11. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    This round needs to be put to bed....
  12. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Agreed, but congratulations to whoever protested for not making a scene...
  13. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

I just used the 16th lap to red flag without consulting our captain, but taking the initiative from earlier posts. I also forgot to add Aza to the results, he took the time to show up but had gremlins and was also disconnected during both races. Must review the races to see what the issue could be. It's got me curious.
    @Barra. You nearly caught me? Funny, I had to pull over and fix my front tyres and repair my engine so you could have something to chase mate. :lol: Wanna know why? Review last half of race 1. ;)
  14. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Haha miki, I never tried to suggest that I caught you because I my supreme talent :lol:
  15. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Wonder if aza has his adsl back up, he must have been using a wireless stick perhaps.
  16. MrTopCat

MrTopCat New Recruit

Yeah ok, look M1K1, I didnt just not show up. Seeing as how Aussie was hosting, I sent him a message explaining exactly why I wouldnt be racing. And then I got my wife to drive me to hospital. I have 2 pneumonias on my right lung. Got out today
  17. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Wow, mate I hope you're ok. Sorry, the info wasn't shuffled down to me as my job was just post the results. I'm sure you'd been up the front. This season is not going to be a true indication of your potential. We have the drop your worst round thing to hopefully give racers a chance to not hurt so much for missing a race. See you next week. :)
  18. Venosuala

Venosuala New Recruit

A little embarrassing gents but I failed to check the race format for Rome and took off not realising reverse grid. What a goose! My excuse is being away for weekend playing 2 days of cricket and rushing home half cut with sunstroke. Don't think I would have performed too well had I stayed but a few of you must have wondered why I took off! I thought 18 laps was pretty short! See you all Sunday.
  19. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    No probs here m8.
    just note if my net continues 2 blow out again just keep the going weather i'm in or not. finger crossed. :/
  20. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Chit M8 i knew you said you were sick i hope you're ok? it sounds serious?
    i did say 2 the fella's that you were not feeling well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.