Division 2 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 5, 2015.

1. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Incubus ... would love to see these guys live!
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys, PLEASE take 2 mins to read the following info so we can try to have a hassle free season.

entry list is now confirmed, as seen in the OP

Meet and greet is this week with S54VED as the host.
    THE FOLLOWING IS IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ !
    1. Make sure you have all the guys on your friend list from your division. Failure to do so can result in room instability, if you are not on everyone's list the room host and captain will have more scope to start the race without you.
    2. PLEASE be on time. Races are scheduled to start at APPROX 8:10 Sydney time, so try to be in the room by 8pm. If you cant make it, or a running a few minutes late let the room captains know and they will make a call on weather to wait or not. All REASONABLE efforts will be made to accommodate everyone

DRIVING STANDARDS
    This is the most important aspect of our league and community. To the new guys, rough, dirty driving WILL NOT BE TOLERATED and race penalties or sanctions WILL BE applied. A comprehensive list of rules and regs are listed here :
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/racing-rules-regulations.70/

In short
    1. We want you to "race", we dont want you to divebomb to make a pass ! If a driver has the corner they are entitled to take their line. It is up to you to make a clean pass, and avoid contact. If you hit another driver where it knocks them off line or off track you must give the spot back. Failure to do so will result in a review and possible penalty. (drive through or exclusion from results)
    2. Track limits. All drivers must keep 2 wheels on AT LEAST the ripple strips. The ripple strips are the track limits and gaining an obvious advantage by going outside the track limits will result in penalty. (drive through or exclusion)

PROTEST PROCEDURE
    If you feel there has been an incident that needs reviewing please follow the procedure in the link below
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/procedure-for-post-race-complaints-or-protests.193/

Accidents do happen, its part of racing, however thats not a green light to race rough, or take advantage of pushing the limits. Watch your replay, PM the room captain and a mod for us to look at it. DO NOT BLOW UP ON THE FORUM OR PENALTIES WILL APPLY.

FINALLY
    We have these rules and regs so we can try to provide the best racing environment for all our drivers. We are not the fun police, but ROOZ takes great pride in what we have built, our sponsors and our record. We want to maintain it, and hopefully see it grow further. I hope all our drivers can respect that, and respect our fellow racers.

Cheers stu, for the mod team.
  3. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Just going through the grid I can see some bloody good racing coming. there is going to be a big leading pack I feel. Ther is going to be a lot of this :D:eek::cautious:o_O:whistling::sneaky::x3::cry::confused::mad::poop:o_O:(:thumbsdown::thumbsup::laugh:
  4. Giant slayer

Giant slayer Professional

PSN ID
    GiantSlayer_48
    I'm going to be the 11th one of those images
    Blindman likes this.
  5. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    How'd the meet n greet go?

I had a really nice dinner and 3/4 of a bottle of wine :)
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    was good after i finally got on !
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Alright guys,

Just 4 days and the chaos will start.......A couple of things have been mentioned in all the rooms after the meet and greet....To tire regs are now up in the OP. Both Race Soft and Race Hard to be used. Start the race on the tire you qualify on, and you may only run 1 stint on the soft tire. Obviously minimum of 1 pit stop. PIT LANE WILL BE CLOSED DURING QUAL AND THE ROOM HOST/CAPTAIN will ask everyone to check you have the right tires before you leave the pits.

1. TRACK LIMITS : This is very clear in our rules and regs. YOU MUST KEEP AT LEAST 2 WHEELS ON OR INSIDE THE RIPPLE STRIPS AT ALL TIMES. Failure to do so will result in a drive through penalty where there is an obvious advantage gained over other drivers. USE YOUR BRAINS !!
    [​IMG]
    Going off track at COPSE and STOWE continually or intentionally to gain advantage will incur a drive through. Running off a few times will be viewed as a mistake, more than that is cheating ! Room captains have been asked to monitor this.

DRIVING STANDARDS : Yes i know i have said this before, but with big grids and close packs PLEASE REDRESS IF YOU GET IT WRONG, or if you take out another driver....everyone knows what we mean by this. It works both ways, dont hit anyone and take advantage to pass, and likewise, dont close the door on someone if they have the line. Simple ;)

ALSO, sirpoop has been shuffled back to our room to make way for Musta....welcome back poop.....can everyone please add him. V8nut has been taken out given i havent heard from him after PMs and emails so i can only assume he isnt racing....Please add @SirPoopington asap !

Stu
  8. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Well said Stu. I personally am struggling with corpse, but if you find yourself going over and making a gain, doing a lift to show that are not making a gain could be the difference between coping a penalty and not. We all know how quick you can go (staying within the lines), so it'll be quite clear in the replay if you run wide and make a gain. Rules are there to keep things fair, so we can all just get on with some good close racing!

Welcome back Sir poop!

The room will be friends only on Sunday. @seth123 and @Blindman can you guys see each other? if not maybe shoot @DekGT5mad a pm to see if theres a solution?

@BMWF30328 @Hezza will try to add you guys on PSN before Sunday. @vh_mik will have to check if we are still friends, been a long time!
    groover33 likes this.
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I have updated the OP guys with everyone's correct PSN ID from the phone app.

PLEASE make sure you have everyone on your friend list before this weekend
    Thanks
  10. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Yeah I'll send him a messags
    skywalker likes this.
  11. Giant slayer

PSN ID
    GiantSlayer_48
    I just thought i'll give you guys a quick look at what you be chasing tonight
    [​IMG]
    But it will look a little bit more like this
    [​IMG]
  12. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    :roflmao:
  13. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Won't there be two black rx7s?
    Giant slayer likes this.
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys, Good luck tonight.....gotta love the start of the season.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT ROUND 1 GENERALLY THROWS UP SOME CURVE BALLS AND ISSUES SO PLEASE TRY TO BE PATIENT WITH NEW DRIVERS / MEMBERS WHO ARE FINDING THEIR FEET. WE HAVE ALL BEEN THERE. ;) All rooms have nominated room captains and i will leave it to their discretion on how long they wait / adjust / or fiddle to get everyone in the room. First night "generally" sees us about 15 mins behind to sort any issues so again please try to be patient. Drivers with connection issues also need to be aware that only a certain amount of time can be allocated before the race needs to start....please be aware of this. ALSO, before qual do a check on how many people everyone can see, some guys may need to do a reset, if you decide to start with some guys not seeing one another it does give a different perspective if there are race incidents to sort through

I hope everyone understands the rules on tires.......When the room resets for Qualifying you must be on the tires you want to qual and start the race on. PIT LANE IS CLOSED during qualy. You can only run 1 stint on the soft tire, minimum of one stop to run both compounds. If room captains can explain this before the room is set that would be good.

If you have an issue in the race, PLEASE PM ME AND THE ROOM CAPTAINS to get it sorted. Dont rant on the forum. Save your replay and check all views before you "blow up" about something. Let the mod team deal with any issues in a professional and ordered manner and penalties will be handed out where required.

I hope you have all seen my posts on 'CUTTING" and "CONTACT". A reminder though, if you constantly cut corners (2 wheels must remain on at least the ripple strips) you will be penalized in the form of a drive through penalty (approx 30 secs added to your race time - exact time will be worked out if needed) or excluded from the race results. Also, if you make contact to another car and push them off line gaining a position you MUST REDRESS or you will also face a drive through. Contact works BOTH WAYS though, so if you run wide, or make an error with a car behind you please be mindful of them, but equally, using the car in front as a rail in a kamakazi move doesnt go down well and you will likely be on the end of a protest.....Also be carefull when rejoining the track after an off track excursion. Returning to the track without looking can and has ruined others races.....

THE GENERAL PASSING RULE IS "IF YOU HAVE YOUR CAR MORE THAN A THIRD ALONG SIDE YOU CAN EXPECT TO HAVE THE INSIDE LINE OUT OF THE CORNER, THE CAR ON THE OUTSIDE SHOULD YIELD" all of us need to use our brains on this and "race" smart.

Really hope you all enjoy the season guys, remember its fun, its not brain surgery, and if things get a little tense just think of BJ to get everything back in perspective......

Cheers stu
  15. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    Moozer wont be able to make tonights race i was talking to him before but he can make all the others
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Damo hasnt been on for a little while either...hope he can make it....
  17. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Hezzas a 50/50 chance of making it on in time.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok, will give him a few minutes, if he can let us know how he goes would be good, i think we give him 10 mins before we start....any longer could be a bit of a stretch
  19. Giant slayer

PSN ID
    GiantSlayer_48
    I need some of the guys online names
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    who do you need mate.....will post them up here for you