Division 2 Season 6

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, May 2, 2015.

1. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    Hey guys sorry i didnt make last night's race i forgot it was Sunday been working 12 to 16hr days everyday.
    How did everyone go lastnight hope it was some close racing and not spread out around that track
  2. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    Footlong_warrior and emmo46 like this.
  3. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Tough race. Overall I enjoyed the combo.

Was a little disappointed with my quali falling off the track going up the hill and again on the corner leading onto the long straight, but was lucky that basically everyone else had issues too and so bagged P2 with a 7:05.

Race started and I got a decent start, but had nothing I could do. Azz was lagging a little, jumping all over the place in front of me, so I just prayed I wouldnt get lag punted and sat in wait for a opportunity. It was provided when he went a little deep into a corner and so his exit on the next straight wasnt great. We were side be side going into a chicane, I had a bonnet in front but was on the outside (which would give me the inside for the next big corner, but then he pulled out.

From there I was able to pull a 6 sec gap will I had a little moment and went to play in the sand. Azz, Seth and Bryan went past by the time I got going again. Azz was doing a good job holding Bryan up, until Bryan fell off track himself after the jump in S2, then Azz outbraked himself at the end of S2 to try and make a more impressive castle than what he saw I'd done on the previous lap. Seth now had a 5sec gap and I was in P2. I was slowly catching over the duration of the lap and in the fast flowing section Seth decided the lawn was a little long, so I closed right up on him. I tried to make a move as there was a big speed difference, but we went from both being on the track to both being off the track. Thank God Seth saved it, and I pulled out of the move as it was my fault he'd gone off. The long straight was coming anyway :)

Unfortunately I didn't get the move done on the straight as I didn't get a very good exit. I was able to close right up on him, and under brakes Seth started to show off his drift moves. I took the opportunity to sail by and let him keep practicing his drifts. I pit end of lap 3, with a 7:09 in lap. Sir poop didn't pit, as I guess he didn't want to have the big queue, and I came out yet again 5 secs down on him. Every sector I took big chunks out of the lead, and was right on his tail for the 2nd half of the lap. This time I got a great tow down the back straight making the move fairly easy.

End of lap 4 my lead was a touch over 20secs. Lap 5 I was flying, no real mistakes all the way around... but then I spun on the corner leading onto the straight :( another 7:05 lap.. sigh was really hoping to get my first high 6! Started lap 6 with over 25sec gap.. things went down from here.. was chatting to my wife and left some orange paint on the wall in s1. I must have gone off 5-6 times as my mind just kept thinking about everything else other than racing... So was lucky to still come home in P1.

Was a pleasant surprise taking the win. I enjoyed the few battles along the way too. Bad luck to Bryan, as I knew you were seriously quick at Nord.
  4. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I'm absolutely devastated, disconnected with a lap and a half to go. A likely podium finish down the drain. :cry:
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  6. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    That grass was like ice I was almost a passenger :confused:
    Good win mate
    Footlong_warrior and skywalker like this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @aranteamo would you like to be a part of the teams championship?
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    One of my spins went on for so long I almost got up and made a cup of tea while waiting.
    Footlong_warrior likes this.
  9. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Ahahhhahaha I was off the track that long I was going to go and make my own tea brand ;)
    emmo46 likes this.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  11. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good win Luke congrats...

Sorry couldnt make it guys......also my season is done as will be away on hols for the next few weeks...

Hopefully catch you for next season if im not in div 9.
  12. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Enjoy your break! :thumbsup:
  13. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    The battle between me and @skywalker is on now! If we were team mates. We would be mercdes ;)
    skywalker likes this.
  14. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED

Guess that makes me a wannabe gangster and you Britney :roflmao:
  15. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Does that make tlr red bull !!!?
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    dsc=engine failure?
  17. aranteamo

aranteamo Rookie

PSN ID
    Azzbang237
    Hi Hatfield, yes i would like to join a team. If anyone is offering a spot in one.
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you will be automatically assigned once points for the last round are finalised :)
  19. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Tlr is Honda/ McLaren and redbull
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @skywalkerwould you have the lap times for nurburgring please.