Division 2 Season 9

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by aussie_man21, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Guys,

The servers at PD are playing up at the moment and they are trying to get them right asap.

http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/d53326.html

Hopefully they get them sorted for sundays first round, but i wanted to give a heads up that if there are people getting booted from rooms still by sunday night, i may call a re-run for the first round for when the issue is resolved.

Cheers
    Stu
  2. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    Hey guys, havent been able to do much gaming of late but still keen for this season. So I'm in, but just not sure which if any of the cars i already have. Hope to confirm it for you soon.

And also, my psn is actually GTP_Dutch if any of you are having trouble friending me on the ps3.
  3. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Yellowhat for me.
    Sorry I can't backup host, bush'net struggles to keep me connected as a guest!
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    OK guys,

Few things before sunday...... (sorry for the long post but please read so you are up on everything)

We have new guys that have given fast qualy times so they have slotted into div 1, and i have slotted back into Div2 Based on my pace (fastest laps) from last season.

Lunz and steeney17 have re-joined after a few seasons away (welcome back guys) into div 3, and rumbles has asked to be slotted back in div 4. (watch out Col !!)

So please check your division to see your captain and start times.

POINTS FOR SEASON 9. I have decided that points for fastest laps and pole will be dropped this season. This is due to to the tire regs we are running where guys running the hard tire are at a possible 3 point disadvantage because they are no chance of getting pole, or fastest lap on this tire, and i dont think they should be penalized for running a strategy that they think will give them the best chance to win the race.

AS PER RULES AND REGS FOR RACEONOZ PLEASE REMEMBER THE FOLLOWING.....AUSSIE AND I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO ADJUDICATE EVERY RACE.......... http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1025

1. CORNER CUTTING : Rules for RACEONOZ state that 2 tires MUST BE ON THE TRACK AT ALL TIMES. The track INCLUDES the ripple strips. Any driver seen to be corner cutting to gain an OBVIOUS advantage will be penalized with time added to their overall race time. Drivers have been penalized for this in the passed, and we (the mods) hate having to adjudicate on this stuff. We do though in the interest of the other racers, and to uphold the integrity of the league

For ROUND 1 AT MONZA the only real issue is the entry to the back straight chicane where you must keep 2 wheels on AT LEAST the rumble strip on the first left. PEOPLE CONTINUALLY STRAIGHT LINING ACROSS THE GREEN TO GAIN ADVANTAGE WILL BE PENALIZED IN THE FORM OF A DRIVE THROUGH ADDED TO THEIR TIME. The 2 lesmos are ok to run wide, you keep 2 wheels on the ripple strip, any wider and you will be building sandcastles !!! Captains please advise of this before the race so EVERYONE knows.

2. RUBBING IS RACING........BUT, like real racing, if the bump is from behind and you gain advantage from ramming people out of the way, you could be penalized if you don't redress. By redressing, we mean waiting for the driver that may have been disadvantaged, letting them past and resuming the battle. Its probably best summed up by, "if in doubt wait" !!! If you are up the inside and have the line, you are free to race hard, but give other drivers room.

3. NO DRIVER ABUSE ON THE FORUM. After the race we ask that, if possible, you add a race report to your division thread. It keeps the forum alive, builds respect between the racers, and also looks good for our sponsors. (who we ask for prizes to hold special 1 off races.....keep an eye on the forum for info on this). If you feel that there has been an issue in the race please go through the PM system to the room captain, and also one of the mods, preferably me or Aussie. I can assure you that i look at any incident without bias, and hand out any penalties as fairly as can be done.

FINALLY.......if the network dumps lots of drivers from a room with the current issues, i may call for a re-run of the round. I think this is only fair given that PD have acknowledged there is an issue. If its only 1 driver you cant put it down to anything, but if its 5 or 6 guys dumped we will re-run the round. Yes we are competitive, but at the end of the day its fun for us, and we want to give everyone the chance to run the rounds.....

Hope you all enjoy the season guys.

Cheers
    Stu, Aussie and ROOZ
  5. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I've got a Calsonic - now I've just gotta find my GT5 disc by Sunday!
  6. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

What time do we want to race tommorow, do ppl prefer qual @ 8:10pm EST or 8:20pm EST? Ill open the room for practice from about 7:40pm EST, like disturbed i havent played GT5 in awhile so i expect to be quite rusty....Might try have a run tonight though.
  7. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I'm easy with the times, earlier the better for me though, I get up at 4am Monday mornings.
    I'll be having a run this arvo, haven't finished running in my car yet, only at 510bhp, so 8 hp to go.
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I reckon 8:10 qual tek. Race start at 8:20, + inevatable psn issues. !!
  9. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Quite possibly won't be there tomorrow night. Not sure if i'll be home in time. Heading to a drift comp. If i am home it then depends how tired i am, as i have to start work at midnight.
  10. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    DIV 2 Start, Qually and Race Times are in the 1st POST

Please read and make sure you can make the race.

Good Luck every1 and Please play nice. :)

Stu and aussie.
  11. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Actually I don't even know what car I will have! Not only did my GT5 disk disappear from the face of the earth, but somehow my lovely children have worked out a way to completely lose all my game save & install data from the Ps3! It's all gone.

I picked up another copy of GT5 today, now just sitting through all the hours of install & updating, and I'm going to try pinching a save game off the internetz.

Not happy Jan!
  12. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    They $500,000 cars I think, I can gift you one if you want Turbo??

Just let me know what you want.
  13. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Hmm, make that $950,000.

I bought a Calsonic and did an oil change for you Turbo. Car sent. It's only at 503 Bhp though, needs some running in.

:)
  14. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    ah cheers stumbles, hopefully i can still use it even though I'm now back to Level 0!!
  15. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Sorry i didnt make it guys. I would have been home in time if i didnt get caught in a damn hail storm on the way home :(. Sounded so bad from inside the car. Was expecting it to look alot worse. The r32 took it like a boss and came away with about 10 - 15 small marks on the bonnet, hardly any on the roof and some paint off the front bar.
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    All good Dougz, was a good race.

Pole cob, 1:44:2 I think.

Positions.
    1 natman
    2 stu
    3 nuggett
    4 never enough
    5 stumbles
    6 cob
    7 tek
    8 Dutch
    9 barra
    10 disturboed.

I had a good scrap with nuggett and cob for the first few laps, after I got a great start and led the field away. On about lap 3 I managed to get a break and slowly stretched the lead to 7 secs.

I pitted on lap 20 for the hard tire, but was a sitting duck for natman who went the opposite strategy to me. He forms with 2 to go, and finished 1 sec up the road.

Was a clean race from where I was, thankfully no one got booted through the race, but I think barra may have had some issues.

On to Suzuka, will be a strategy race if ever there was one.

Stu
  17. natmanscoop

Not bad for a season opener eh? The field spread out more than I expected though.

A hectic start, a couple spearing off in the first few turns, with Stu making the best of it to lead.
    I underestimated the tow I had from Lesmo 2, and speared off into the sand at Ascari. D'oh !
    From there I figured "head down & just hit lap times" - but touched sand & spun exiting Lesmo2 on lap 3. Double D'oh !

I ran out my laps on Hards mainly banging-out 1:46.2's except for a couple of boo-boos, then pitted ending lap 11 for softs.

The chase begins !

First lap out the gap was 1min. to the leader(!) so I figured I was chasing fourth, maybe 3rd.
    Caught Disturbo'd on L14 as he pitted, Cob on L16 around the outside braking into Della Roggio.. .
    Not sure if you expected that Cob?? Gave me a good squeeze ! :) What happened man? You had pole, with a good time!
    Got Stumbles when he pitted, Never_Enough as he emerged from the pits on L19, then started working on Nugget & Stu.. . .

Nugget did you struggle on hards? I caught you within 2 laps, much to my surprise.
    Then I just ground down the gap to Stu, SOFTS RULE! - maybe we should run Hard/Medium instead? or Soft/Medium?

It was like taking candy from a baby, too easy being 3sec. lap quicker on softs. (thanks for letting me by Stu!)

+1 Stu, I think next week at Suzuka will be different, it's ALOT harder on tyres. Should be interesting !
  18. natmanscoop

Fastest Laps:

Natmanscoop 1:43.347
    Stuart170773 1:44.139
    CobMcCool 1:44.305
    Nugget-22 1:44.510
    Barra333 1:45.031
    TekniqueAU 1:45.065
    Stumbles01 1:45.090
    xNever_Enoughx 1:45.111
    GTP_Dutch 1:45.276
    Disturboed 1:47.017

Very close guys, keep chipping away Disturboed - looked like you were close to getting some nice clean, fast laps together.
  19. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Yah, that's what you get for not touching the steering wheel since the end of Season 8!! No practice!

I must apologise to Barra who I rear ended on Turn 1 lap 1 when the brakes ran out. It was enough to push him a bit too deep in the turn, so I just waited for him to rejoin the track before proceeding. It was my fault entirely on that one.
  20. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Yeah dud race, combination of not much practice, zero laps on hard tyre so didn't know the time difference between the two and so pitted too early and a slight case of the trots which tends to hamper your concentration somewhat, just made it to the end of the race and had to leap out of the chair and take care of business so to speak, close tidy race with nugget early on and with stumbles at the end.

Cheers
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.