Division 3 (S6)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by carn_the_pies, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I've turned more laps at this circuit so far in practice than I have at the other 2 combined. More laps yet to come too.....
  2. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    well done to nugget 2nite and the other poduim's

I went for the 1 stopper and it was about the same as the 2 stopper I reckon,
    Had a great battle with dutch for the first 10 laps..Dutch you must have had a great erace after that to get back to 5th.

Also steeny massive improvement for you to get 3rd mate, top stuff
  3. steeny17

steeny17 Jarod

Congrats to Nugget, mate you just pipped me to get the quickest lap during the race, but you were in a world of your own tonight, sorry about the little bump in the 1st lap hope I didn't upset your race much.

Zampli... I wish I hadn't of made that small mistake in the 1st few laps & let you thru! lol. But we had some good battles a few little bumps when I was abit late to break but otherwise it was good fun, tried to use the pitstop to get past you but that didn't work both times. Nonetheless it was good to be up in the pointy end of qualifying & in the race. All the practice I did during the week definatly helped alot.

Turbo.. Unlucky that you made a mistake early that put you behind. Towards the end I was getting a little worried about having you on my tail, but just focused ahead & managed to pull away from you (or did you loop it?)

Thanks Carn, just really stoked that I finally have made it onto the podium, done a fair few laps around the ring this week with many different guys & that has really made a difference.

Not looking forward to Rome I must say, really hate this track from the few laps I've done on it. Possibly may not be able to make it anyway as I have a meeting to go to on sunday evening, so hopefully if I miss the 1st race I might be able to sneek into the 2nd race.
  4. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Not a bad race this evening, slowly slowly getting a feel for the car, did heaps more practice this week and I thought I would be tricky to go for the 2 stop strategy only to find 90% of everyone did too! haha

During midweek practice I had set a PB of a 1.13.4. In the quali, for the first few laps, Zampli & I traded pole position about 3 times and I ended up at the end of my first run with a 1.14.0 which was quick enough to hold everyone off - or so I thought. I ducked in the pits for some new boots to do a quick last dash, and then Nugget (bloody Nugget lol) throws down a 1.13.7. Thats ok I thought, I've been faster, so head down off I went, got to .2 seconds faster at 2nd split, only to only just go fractionally wide out of the chicane so I had to lift a bit, and it cost me all that momentum, and I was .4 slower by the time I crossed the line. Bugger.

Starting from 2nd was good in the end though, I got the big Vette off the line pretty well and pulled alongside Nugget and with the inside line I took the lead. I pulled little gap of about 1.2 seconds by the end of the first lap, and then lap 2 going around the right hander after the first lot of chicanes I dropped a wheel onto the grass (for like the first time ever!) and I lifted to stop it spinning, but this just made the car point totally towards the leftside wall, then I corrected and almost went to the otherside, and this allowed nugget & zampli past me, I got it all straightened up before steeny took me.

Starting lap 3 with steeny on my tail and cob not far behind, braking into turn 1 i braked at my normal braking point and the bloody thing just sailed right past the corner and into the sand spinning me 180 degrees. Zampli was far enough away that I didn't get a draft off him, so I couldn't work it out. So Steeny moves ahead, and I rejoin right in front of Cob who does a great effort in avoiding me (sorry man, wasn't looking to my right) and also sneaks past. I put the move back on him again the same lap or a lap later (cant remember) going into the right hand hairpin just before the little downhill section.

As I churned through the laps I noticed my front tyres were wearing quite badly and I was understeering something shocking. My lap times were although consistent, quite bad and whilst I could see zamp & steeny in front of me, couldn't close the gap too them. The second stint was better in terms of lap time and tyres, and closed a bit on 2nd & 3rd, and the 3rd stint was the same. I could see Steeny and I was getting inches closer each lap, I wasn't quite on his bumper, but I knew he knew I was there and I was hoping that pressure would lead to a mistake. Then 3 laps from the end, I went wide out the left hander after the hill, on the grass, kept it straight, then at the next left got into a tank slapper and looped it. By then I knew 4th was my result so I had to make sure I got home without bloody Dutch taking me on the final corner again!!! I could see him behind me!

Congratz again Nugget, a truly dominate performance to finish so far ahead. And also to Zampli & steeny for the podiums.
  5. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

well for my first race it was a little exciting, sorry to anyone if i bumped them or nudged them. was getting used to the whole deal.
    i think ive got it now. not a bad effort for first race, and to spin on the last lap to give up 8th spot.
    looking forward to rome this week
  6. NUGGET-22

NUGGET-22 Rookie

PSN ID
    xX---BURGO---Xx
    oooohhhhhhhh yyyyeeeeehhhhhh!!!!!!
    FINALLY no mistakes :)

well my first clean sweep!!! Pole, race win & fastest lap. dont mean to brag but i dont see it happening again ahaha.

Qually was ok. not my best time but good enough to put me on the front row for the 3rd time in 3 races, and my second pole. Turbo got the jump on me and had position into turn one. i was fine with that and focused on not making a mistake on cold tyres. once they were at racing temp i tried to real him in and put some pressure on. i saw him hit the grass and my race got alot easier. now having Zampli and Steeny behind me i really pushed hard knowing they were battling and most prob a bit off the pace because of it. i threw done a couple 13s and it worked. stretched out a 8 second lead before my first stop on lap 11. from then on i just worked on consistant laps and keeping my lead on Zamps around the 10 sec mark. i was really hoping Steeny would get past Zamps and help me in the points chase. lol

thanks guys. by the end of that i really enjoyed that track??? any1 else?
    cant wait till next week. im about as excited as a hungry baby in a titty bar
  7. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Good racing at the rear :)

Code:
    01. Nugget-22     38:40.018  1:13.785  (fastest lap)
    02. Zampli          +11.116  1:14.268
    03. steeny17        +19.755  1:13.810
    04. disturboed      +38.466  1:14.371
    05. GTP_Dutch       +47.240  1:14.248
    06. X-3vi1m00n    +1:02.350  1:14.275
    07. CobMcCool     +1:03.883  1:14.610
    08. carn_the_pies +1:12.378  1:14.315
    09. hosie09       +1:15.867  1:15.145
    10. mmm_homebrew  +1:56.621  1:14.231

8. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Sorry about last night guys I just couldn't get my head into race mode, I was a bit hungover and earlier I was with a mate who started having some weird seizures, he is currently in the ICU and is on the improve and the seizures are getting shorter and less frequent, they don't know what the cause is or what the effects are short or long term, absolutely :):):):)ting myself about this he has been one of my best mates for about 35 years and is as tough as an old boot, hopefully he'll be OK.
    At any rate I had a pretty tidy race with no big offs, but just couldn't concentrate hard enough to go 100%, heart just wasn't in it, sorry.
    Hopefully all turns out well and I can put in the big ones next week and get back to the pointy end.

Cheers
  9. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    Another fairly good race for me last night. We got flooded earlier in the week (not huge though) and consequently we'd cleaned up the games room and I didnt get any practice in whatsoever. Finally hooked it all up again and waited through the updates and finally joined the room to see lap times in the 1:13's . Damn, my laps are no where near that after a couple laps and the car just generally feels slippery. But after a little while, and just before we went into qualy mode, I figured out my lines enough on fresh boots to get a low 1:14 on my second hot lap in qualy which put me third at the end. So I was feeling pretty good about the car/track.

Start was average, steeny and cob i think snuck down the inside on turn 1 so I was back to 5th on lap 1 but right on their tail. Lap 2 (i think) made a mistake on the corner before the loop and ended up in the wall putting me back to 8th or 9th (behind carn). From here i set down to jsut have a good race and salvage any positions i could and had a great first stint with carn (passed him at the loop but he kept the pressure on till the end of the stint). Second stint kept the pace up to catch up to evil and cob. Passed evil (cant remember where tho, i think on the straight) and was racing with Cob, both of us on weak tires. lap 19 i decided to try for the undercut instead and pitted. It worked, came out well ahead of cob at the end of the pitstops and then just worked toward the end of the race.

Had a moment where (after slowly getting closer to turbo, but never really gaining) I see him right in front of me and for a minuter think that it was on. But it was never on. My tires were wafer thin at that point from the longer stint and finished for a well earned 5th.

Cob- sorry to hear about your friend. Hope all is well soon.
  10. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

NEXT WEEKS RACE IS A SPRINT ROUND, IT CONSISTS OF 2 x 18 LAP RACES, REVERSE GRID AND HALF POINTS FOR RACE 2.

Room Hosts need to set the race settings to reverse grid from previous race after race one has been run.
  11. Bluemoon

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Thanks for the reminder. :)
  12. Bluemoon

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    I think we can safely remove Dan and Killadrift from the division since they have not turned up for 3 sessions, and rejected my friend requests as well.
  13. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Agreed bluemoon.
  14. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Well guys, I must say I am very dissapointed to say the least, after last week when I wasn't really up to racing, but I did and everything was sweet, I wasn't at my best but still we all managed a nice clean race, this week however I was as keen as mustard and what happened was an absolute :):):):) fight, I lost count of the amount of times I was punted or run fair up the arse, sorry guys if I wanted to race in that environment I'd just go to the open lounge,

Dimplez you of all people cannot comment on the driving skills of others, so to dummy spit park your car and whinge about carn while the race is still going on is typical of your commitment to the league, poor at best.

Sorry to :):):):):) guys but I pride myself on being extremely clean and fair, and to get bashed from pillar to post like that is just crap. If thats the way some of you want to play it so be it, but leave me out of it.
  15. steeny17

steeny17 Jarod

+1

Alot of people need to have a few practice runs before the race to work out how much extra speed slipstreaming gives you.. if your behind someone on the straight you need to brake afair bit earlier then the car infront instead of plowing into them & pushing them off into the barrier & driving away!!
  16. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    yeah unfortuntely i error messes things up but bluemoon dont stress mate :):):):) happens.

Other than that, track not great for this car I thought..2nd race was quite good.

checking with mods on how to determine points
  17. zampli

zampli Team Driver

to be fair cob, first race was ridiculous with boost on low. im sure we ALL made errors, including you, steeny and myself. if i had it my way, i wouldnt even bother counting this weeks points, first race just wasnt fair.
    @dimplez, im certain carn was fine, meanwhile you distract everyone by rage commenting and constantly doing 360s in the middle of a tricky section of the track (i.e. last sector at rome). i know your a ghost, but if you cant be bothered racing anymore, park to the side and pause. its still distracting to most people
  18. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Boost on low? I'd say that the race should have either been re-run or scrapped. Running boost advantages people who pitted. Helping them catch up, then having fresher tyres at the end to still be quick enough to run atleast equally with someone behind them on worse tyres. It really doesnt give a true indication of who had pace and who didnt.
    Just my 2c.
  19. zampli

zampli Team Driver

yep couldnt agree more dougz, made the whole race horrible, due to it being terribly tight and lots of spins and crashes. my fastest lap in first race was a 1.07.....i was running 1.12s at the end of it:( im all for running this race again during the week, or scrapping it all together if people cant make it. the boost also helped someone get a 1.01.xxx lol
  20. Bluemoon

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Being a tight street race, it sure was messy. It was my mistake for leaving Boost on Low. I think the first result should at least be half points or scrapped, as it does unfairly bias towards those that pitted. Let's see what the mods think.

Here are the standings while we wait.

Code:

race 1
    01. Nugget-22     20:58.965  1:01.649 (fastest lap)
    02. disturboed      +03.715  1:02.233
    03. steeny17        +05.052  1:02.656
    04. GTP_Dutch       +07.994  1:06.156
    05. carn_the_pies   +11.186  1:07.229
    06. CobMcCool       +12.404  1:04.600
    07. mmm_homebrew    +14.174  1:01.928
    08. Zampli          +14.533  1:07.126
    09. dimplz_05       +26.301  1:03.212
    10. hosie09       +1:16.711  1:06.889
    11. X-3vi1m00n    +1:34.731  1:05.379
    12. garyw61       +1:38.601  1:07.460

race 2
    01. Zampli        20:05.497  1:05.467
    02. garyw61         +08.547  1:05.433
    03. GTP_Dutch       +17.323  1:05.037
    04. mmm_homebrew    +28.703  1:05.510
    05. hosie09         +29.969  1:04.605 (fastest lap)
    06. Nugget-22       +30.008  1:04.871
    07. carn_the_pies   +33.164  1:06.577
    08. steeny17        +38.303  1:06.995
    09. disturboed      +42.159  1:04.919
    10. X-3vi1m00n      +45.320  1:07.955
    11. CobMcCool       +56.488  1:06.827
    12. dimplz_05       +6 laps  1:07.542

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.