Division 3 (S6)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by carn_the_pies, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I'm feeling a little more confident with this car at Monza, i've taken 3 seconds a lap off my times so far, 2 seconds came from adjusting my entry & speed into the last chicane alone!

I have no idea what my times compare to everyone else though, so i still might be 2 secs a lap slower like last week! LOL
  2. steeny17

steeny17 Jarod

What times are you doing turbo?
  3. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Phew, that was lucky, disconnected as we returned to lobby.

Congrats Zampli, great race. Well done on second place too Nugget.

Don't know why, but I still can't get used to the draft from the ghosting cars!
  4. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

+1 on that mate. Although, I can't get used to the draft at all. It ruins my rythem.
  5. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Results from memory

zampli
    nugget
    figjam-gary
    cob
    gtpdutch
    disturboed
    steeny
    bluemmoon
    mm_homebrew
    carn
    dimplez_05

I'm having a shocker of a season so far.
  6. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Oh carn.....

[img=FluxBB bbcode test]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_8LvaA9dqmJ0/SxNkNCCuJZI/AAAAAAAAA2w/WSSA9H6VRFo/s1600/life%2Bof%2Bbrian.jpg[/img]
  7. NUGGET-22

NUGGET-22 Rookie

PSN ID
    xX---BURGO---Xx
    good racing tonight guys.

well quali was pretty good. 1.42.8 but not quick enough for pole. nice lap Cob!!!!
    now the race!!!! got a great start and moved over to cover the inside and what did i do???. kept looking back at everyone and forgot about the cold tyres. slammed into the barriers and sustained wheel damage. there was alot of swearing going on ill tell you that much. rejoined in 11th about 8 seconds off the lead.

i knew it was a long race and i had the pace so i put my head down and started to pick them off one by one. i was helped alot by ppl going off and found myself about 5th in as many laps. tried to put the pressure on the guys in front and forced a couple of mistakes out of them. up to 2nd and followed Zamps into the pits. Zampli you raced a solid race again. could only take a half a second off you and then you get it back. oh yeh was getting worried with only a few laps to go. Gary was catching me with slightly newer tyres.

in the end i was kind of happy with having a solid fight back from 11th and only making 2 mistakes. better than last week. pitty that mistake at the start was such a big one. dont worry zampli i will get you sooner or later hahaha hopefully sooner.
  8. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Another night of good racing.
    Here are the results:

Code:
    01. Zampli       42:39.468  1:42.997
    02. Nugget-22      +12.262  1:42.259  (fastest lap)
    03. garyw61        +16.101  1:43.446
    04. CobMcCool      +30.726  1:43.345
    05. GTP_Dutch    +1:00.142  1:43.105
    06. disturboed   +1:00.605  1:42.465
    07. steeny17     +1:19.947  1:44.650
    08. X-3vi1m00n   +1:38.221  1:44.420
    09. mmm_homebrew +1:51.741  1:43.870
    10. carn_the_pies  DNF (-1) 1:43.965
    11. dimplz_05      DNF (-2) 1:46.821

9. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    I had a race of two halves last night. After making a great start from 6th to 3rd, i quickly made a mistake around ascari and droped back to 5th, then another mistake to 6th, then a few more. By the time i pitted i was 8th or 9th I think. But on fresh tires, i knuckled down and tried to catch up to the mid pack and through a lack of mistakes and probably some made by those in front managed to catch up and finish 5th again. Was great to finally drive with some consistency.

The last lap was a thriller- I'd been trying to make my way up to disturboed but resigned myself to 6th place as he was too far in front. But he made a mistake around ascari and i was right behind him up to the parabolica, both of us nursing the tires, but (as is somethign i always tend to do), he put the power down too fast and got a bit taily on exit and i passed him on the stright to be in front by half a second. sorry mate! ;) So yeah, was pretty happy last night.

Still lacking for overall pace it seems- ill have to work on my lines, but shes a fun car to drive.
  10. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Hey guys, last night fun but frustrating at the same time, didn't have much time to practice this week due to pulling a muscle in my back making it hard enough to get around let alone climb in and out of the cockpit. (but you get that on the big jobs), so did about an hour or so on sunday afternoon before the race all be it in short stints.
    Nabbed pole with a 1:42.385 faster than I'd done in practice and was pretty stoked but very wary of the chaos that may occur at turn 1 on such a track, so took it easy through first chicane and watched Nugget fly by into the barriers, then tried to scoot away from there and put a gap on Zampli, but when they're that close with the draft this is quite impossible. On lap 3 Zamps got along side at the 1st chicane but outbraked himself and I got back through, on lap 4 he tried the same move and made it stick putting me back to 2nd happy to sit in behind and see how things turned out.
    On lap 5 I got more draft than I thought going into the last chicane and came in a bit fast on the inside and was side by side going into the corner, I don't think it pushed him off the track at all but there was contact, it was 50/50 if I was going to redress it and let him back through, but I did anyway which let disturboed catch up and when I gave it too much welly out the last corner and had a little moment and disturboed was through only to overcook it into the 1st chicane and let me back into 2nd.
    Held onto 2nd for the next couple of laps trying to close the gap on Zamps with gary 3rd, then on lap 7 once again got taily out of the last corner which let gary close right up with nugget also catching. On lap 9 Nugget got through on gary and I thought "not this guy again I can't go round lap after lap with Nugget on my tail, I still haven't recovered from last week". But it only lasted 1 lap then I outbraked myself at the second chicane and received a pretty harsh penalty as a result which let Nugget and gary through and then I ran wide at the next corner and disturboed was through also and I was suddenly back to 5th and then had another off at the last corner so decided to pit early on lap 10 and try to stop the rot and put in some laps in clean air to try and make up for the losses.
    I came out of the pits in 8th and was closing in fast on GTP_dutch on fresh tyres had a slight contact and put myself into the wall (this race was not going to plan at all). but now had clean air in front of me and pressed on.
    By lap 13 after all pitstops had been taken I had made back up to 5th behind gary and disturboed then into 4th after the latter went off at the last chicane. I then settled in behind gary and by lap 15 started looking for a way around him into 3rd before my tryes went off too much.
    Then on lap 16 we came across Dimplez who was already a lap or two down and was ghosted who then decided to race us and get in the way, gary got around him ok but even though he was ghosted it was blocking my view of gary who I was trying to pass as well as block the view of the track, brake markers etc.
    (Dimplez, mate I don't know if you could see me or not but if you're a lap or two down and guys are coming through fighting for a podium spot do the right thing and get the #%$* out of the way, not cool).
    Anyway as a result of this I'd missed my window to try and get around gary as now my tyres were past their best and was settling for 4th with disturboed catching on better tyres but then he had another off at the last chicane on lap 18 and I was able to nurse the car home for 4th with about a quarter or less of tyre wear left at the finish.

Congrats Zamps, Nugget and gary can't wait until next week.

Cheers
  11. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Nice write cob..always good to hear how the guys up the front polled

Looks like your fastest lap will be right up there this week
  12. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yeah, nice write up Cob.

I suspected that your tyres might go off before mine, so I was just trying to make my arse as wide as possible. I must admit it did make it a little harder when we came up on dimplez.
  13. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Welp, you know, although I actually finished in a worse position than last week (6th instead of 5th), I felt I had a better race and was coming to terms with this car. It seems I always struggle a little bit in the race cars, or it could be the fact i rarely drive the high HP cars outside of the league.

In the early part of qualifying I was quite bouyed by the fact that the fastest time seemed to be a 1.44, I managed 2nd best time after a couple laps, then the times went a-tumblin'. I did a 1.43.0 which was my fastest lap EVAR, and back into 2nd spot. I promptly fell off my chair when Nugget, Zampli, Cob & Gary did 1.42's thinking how the goodness do i beat that. I ducked in the pits for a new set of tyres before quali ended and set about it, even managing to be a tenth or two up in the first/second sector only to have a minor moment, or lift in the wrong spot costing me those vital tenths and not being able to better my original time, so I started from 5th.

I got a cracker start though keeping the wheelspin at just the right amount, and was right up alongside Cob before turn 1, but an over cautious entry into turn one saw a few zip by on the inside, so i was back to 4th. The first 5 or 6 laps was ok, I was staying on the track and having reasonable lap times kept the leaders within striking distance. At some stage I passed Gary, and caught up to Zampli & Cob having their little moment. I got Zampli's draft out of the Parabolica and was going for the inside pass into turn 1, but of course couldn't see my brake marker, and braked a little too early, then let off brakes, and then braked too late sending me into the barriers, letting cob back through.

From there it started to go a little haywire, i started going off a bit more, lost count at how many times i outbraked the last chicane and tried plowing through the sandtrap. And of course, by then the tyres started to go off. I was surprised to see nugget and zampli pit so early. I got to the end of lap 12 and had been catching 4th place - within a few seconds - and I knew that you couldn't go full speed into the pits otherwise you'd lose a heap of time being reset. I was hoping the guy in front didn't know that and I could leapfrog them in the pits. Coming out of parabolica, i fishtailed and went nose into the inside wall, losing me any gain I might have had. I think it might have been gary. I exited the pits right on his bum though, so i did make up some time. Picked the pace up a little now, thinking about trying to get back in touch with the front group so if they had any dramas, would be there to take advantage, but it was me who had the dramas. Again, whilst the tyres were good, fast times, in fact 2nd fastest of the race. The last few laps were a shambles and I ended up making about 3 or 4 big mistakes in the last 2 laps or so letting dutch sneak up behind me. Going round Parabolica one last time all i could think was "stay on the rubber line, stay on the rubber line, don't mash it, don't mash it". on the exit though, the car drifted a bit too far too the left and fishtailed, on-off-on-off, even in 4th gear it was wheelspinning allowing dutch to get past me with the better drive off the corner. That one point right there was my biggest doh! moment of the race.

Autumn Ring is going to be mighty interesting. Some really tight corners and not a lot of full throttle. Tyre conservation is really going to be the game decider here, moreso than Laguna. We'll see how THAT pans out.............
  14. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
  15. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Does staying on the rubbered in line actually provide more grip in GT5? I just never thought they'd have gone into that sort of detail and I've never really payed too much attention to it.
  16. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Yes Snake...driving on the rubber does make a difference.
  17. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

I think it not only gives you grip but a tinny bit of speed in the straights also, going from whats said when doing the licence test things.
  18. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Yeah right, that would explain why people where leaving me behind through parabolica after the rears had worn a bit, I have a bit of a wierd line through there, quite a late entry, but it gets me off the rubbered in line, I'll have to keep an eye on that in the future.
  19. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    hey guys, just curious, but how much Power do your cars have in the tuning screen. I know the lobby is limited to 719hp but my car is nowhere near that. Some clarrification would be great. Thanks.
  20. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I think it will max out at 716hp whenfully run in, and after an oil change. Try changing your oil and see what you get.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.