Division 3 Season 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 6, 2014.

1. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I will be at the Clipsal 500 on Sunday guys, and I am not sure what time I will be getting home. Will try and post on here by 7pm whether it will be my room again or Stumbles.

Have had no practice and no chance for any before Sunday so beware lol.

Ok - I'm off for 4 days of fun - seeya Sunday night!
    stucar17, WAC, Anon666 and 2 others like this.
  2. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Nooooooo!! Anyone else have an awesome connection to use for fixed room?
  3. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    We can try my room this Sunday
    Stumbles likes this.
  4. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Yup, sounds good Moon
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    You got me, I was trying to impress the young guys with my knowledge of all that new fangled stuff like calculators and batteries and stuff like that, you've kind of crushed my image now.
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  6. BennyBagems

BennyBagems New Recruit

PSN ID
    BennyBagems
    Hi guys, I'll be joining you for the rest of the season.
    I look forward to racing with you all.

I'll be running #55, Metallic Green with Gold wheels.
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  7. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Hi Benny. Welcome to the fun.

Make sure you add X-3vi1m00n to your friends list too, he will be hosting Sunday night.

See ya there.
    BennyBagems likes this.
  8. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Great racing guys, well done to Bernsy on a hard fought win. Congrats to Hosie and Razor for filling the rest of the podium.

I managed to get pole, then binned it on lap 2, finally getting back onto track in 11th spot :(.
    Feel sorry for Whisky getting DS'c on lap 18 (his fastest lap - 1:27.669)

[​IMG]

Had a few lag issues again, so moving back to Gary's room for Motegi next week.
    razor4797 likes this.
  9. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    And I just have to put this up... It doesn't happen very often...lol

[​IMG]

Couldn't reproduce it in the race though.
  10. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks stumbles
    Stumbles likes this.
  11. BERNSY001

BERNSY001 Rookie

PSN ID
    BERNSY001
    What a race! Thanks Stumbles! Hard fought was an understatement. Shall I kick off our weekly race reports then?

I got a mega start but Benny pinched me on the inside and dropped to 6th. With a few cold tyre passes I was back to 3rd (and Stumbles little lawn mowing experience ;) ) The battle between Razor and Benny was enough to keep them in eyesight. However Andrew, Hosie and myself were battling. I did my best to stay in front and work together and eventually my hard work paid off. By backing up the corner Hosie was forced to slow and Andrew had a go at him which gave me enough of a break to push on to the leaders.

My car was quick, not gonna lie and I was in hot pursuit (I even told my dad to get back to his end of the house I was concentrating so hard!) I caught them and tried to become the intimidator, waiting for them to come together. However that never happened so I had to enforce my presence. Razor took too much grass at the chicane and hit the outside wall, with my apex blinded I followed suit yet copped 3sec collision penalty for it. Head down bum up right? All my hard work was undone. Once again I caught them and Benny made it easy for me by doing some lawn mowing himself so I went for Razor on an aggressive attack.

We battled lap after lap and got him with a *insert comment that makes the move sound more epic than it was* criss-cross move at the end of the straight. I literally said to myself, "I am outta here". Now as much as I wanted that to happen it never did lol. Razor was on the ball and we continued to battle. He got me back with a very smart move I stayed behind him. I wasn't worried if it was me vs Razor, but I WAS worried if it was going to be a 6 car train. From 3rd down to Stumbles in 7th (I THINK) was all not fighting, but working together and it was the single SCARIEST thing I have ever witnessed in my sim racing career.

Razor made a mistake and I took him, I then uttered to myself that if I could hold the lead I have it in the bag. And that strategy was working well until the last lap. On lap 30 I missed my 2nd apex and did too much wall climbing, in the process I was in the centre of a 3 wide into turn 1. Razor took both of us while Hosie put a damn good move on me that left me punching the steering wheel. The race wasn't over, we had the gigantic straight to deal with yet. Sure enough, Razor was the victim and as Hosie pulled out to go underneath him I pulled out to go underneath both of them. This for me was the deciding moment in the race, Razor was bullied out of both spots and Hosie ghosted allowing him to take the lead back. On the run down the hill Hosie defended, rather than trying to fight it I went to the outside, I got an average run to say the least but I knew unless Hosie wanted to be flung into the bridge on the main straight he would have to back out. It worked and I just about woke my whole street up when I yelled "F*UCK YEAH!"

I will be uploading the full race from my perspective tomorrow after school. Hopefully I can export the file and it'll work on my computer, otherwise I may have to record it.

Div3, class act, I have never wanted to play GT6 more than with you guys, what a f*cking awesome race, EVERYONE should pat themselves on the back for the racing.

PS - 2 blisters, stomach cramps & I now weigh 1kg lighter XD
    Hosie09, stucar17, S_CLOSE and 5 others like this.
  12. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    That race was even more intense than Spa! Bumper to bumper the entire 31 laps. I sat in first and second for the majority of the race and had battles with a few people including bernsey, hosie and Benny. No room to move or anything either. Congrats to bernsey on the win and hosie in 2nd. Benny was quite unlucky, spinning twice (I think) and stumbles losing it early too. You both would have been right up there til the checkered flag if not for those spins. A pretty happy 3rd place finish for me.
    Motegi will be very interesting next weekend... Looking forward to it!
    stucar17, Stumbles, SuiCid3 and 2 others like this.
  13. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Did not qualify well. Was fifth on my last lap but dropped to 8th before the race started. Moved up a couple of spots and hosie was dancing all over the track ahead trying to move up the field. Got a bad run into the final chicane and ran wide hammering the outside wall,cleaning up Gary and a few others I think. Fell right back to last and worked my way up a couple of spots to the Gary/FloodSim battle. Tried a couple of times to get past them and was only able to take advantage of their mistakes. Gary was having little glitches and FloodSim copped the pointy end of a lag punch. I was pretty happy with 7th place and the tyres were starting to get pretty worn on the front 2/3rds distance (think I had 6 and 5 on front, 8's on the back) when I started to come under pressure from flood again. I ran through the first left/right fine but got a bad bounce off the ripples on the right and pushed the front into the uphill left, running wide and spearing into the wall. The bloody thing took forever to get right and I even had to reverse twice to get it off the wall again. I don't know why Evil and AERO were so far back but I just managed to stay ahead to the end. Well done BERNSY
    Hosie09 and stucar17 like this.
  14. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hi guys,

Just some general info for our new racers and a refresher for our ROOZ regulars... !!

Just a reminder that we pride ourselves on trying to race as cleanly, and fairly as possible. We all know that sometimes things go pear shaped, and we expect it to happen from time to time. That said, there are still somethings that we all need to be aware of while racing in our series.

1. If you make contact with someone and push them offline, you cant take advantage to take the spot. You must redress and give the spot back. If you don't, that driver who has been disadvantaged by an unfair move, has the right to protest post race, and if the move is proven to be outside the rules, a drive through penalty WILL BE ENFORCED.

2. If you do have an incident and find yourself offtrack, you must watch for oncoming traffic before you rejoin the track. Again, if you rejoin, and cause an accident from not being aware there is the potential for a post race penalty.

3. At least 2 wheels MUST REMAIN ON AT LEAST THE RIPPLE STRIPS AT ALL TIMES. Any driver gaining obvious advantage from driving off track will recieve a post race penalty to be determined by the size of the advantage and the number of times the driver has gained an advantage.

For all other rules and regs please have a quick read here : http://raceonoz.com/threads/rules-regulations.70/

We certainly dont want to ruin the fun, and i have to say that the first 4 rounds have been fantastic with no protests (up till this point), but we still need to be very aware that our core goal is to give the cleanest, and fairest racing leagues that we can.

Cheers
    Mod team
    Hosie09 and Ad2mny like this.
  15. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

So stu was there any protests? Lol
  16. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

I know why there's no protests. Enforcer isn't racing!!
  17. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    There have been no protests lodged and as for your next comment, I have no comment. Good to see you back on track Hosie.
  18. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Not a lot of joy for me at Trial Mountain.

Was happy to qualify 4th, but then got bumped down to 5th after a lap by Bernsey in the 12th minute of our 10 minute qualifying session. BOOO!

No matter; got a good start and dispatched Bernsey by the second or third corner.

After watching Stumbles stumble to the grass just before the first tunnel on lap 2, it was up to me to keep the Div 2 drivers (razor and benny) in check.
    Inevitably that only lasted a lap or 2 until I made a mistake; I cut the first tunnel too tight and got onto the "concrete" that left me with what felt like dirty tires and had a half spin going over the crest after the tunnel.
    I think it was Hosie who was left with nowhere to go but into my car.

This dropped me back a bunch of places letting Hosie, Andrew and Bernsey past.
    Everyone was really on it last night though and the next 10-15 laps I spent going flat out just trying to catch up the tail of that 3-way battle, desperate for a slip stream.

The battle intensified into a 5-way fight for the lead with razor and benny, and this gave me a chance to latch on to a slipstream and join in.
    I hung at the back for a few laps not having much of a chance to make a move anywhere. Bernsey moved up leaving Hosie, Andrew and I together.
    Hosie gave Andrew a tap coming in to the right hander at turn 9? sending Andrew into a small slide. It looked as though Hosie hung back to let Andrew regain position, and this slow down gave me the opportunity to sneak inside and take them both. Not a move I was proud of; I let them both back past after the next corner.

The battle calmed down after this, but predictably I didn't last long as I had a spin coming onto the back straight dropping me out of contention of a decent result.

This dropped me into a scrap with Ad and Gary.
    I made what felt like a nice move around the outside of Gary at the end of the straight and Ad spun coming to the first tunnel to gift me another place but a lag slam put an end to my race with 2 laps to go.

Rolled home for 9th I think.
    I'm making too many mistakes while racing in a pack, need to tidy that up before I can get any good results.
    Stumbles likes this.
  19. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

It's good to be back anon. I'm just lacking my pace I used to have. It's been a long while since I hit the pavement. And gt6 is a little different to gt5. No one ever has a comment about enforcer? Don't know why. He was a good fella. Lol
    Anon666 likes this.
  20. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I am really sorry about that Flood. I noticed that we were lagging with each other, and I had my heart in my mouth when we got close together.

I suspected that it may have been a lag hit that you suffered, but I didn't feel anything, and you were still a couple of car lengths behind on my screen at the time, so I didn't wait. Sorry for that, and I am happy to swap our finishing positions to make up for it.

Looked like a great race up front though! Well done podium, congrats. Pace was very fast.