Division 3 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    missed most of qualy so started last (14th) but got 7th in race 1 and 5th in race 2.

Just something to think about. Some drivers need to be more careful when they are tailing others. Yes you are quick and yes you are probably quicker than me, but you shouldn't be tapping the rear of my car if you can avoid it. I understand that there are mistakes and that is fine. Just be careful please.
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  2. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    another :):):):)e night. qualified 10th? i think and finished last in first race, started 2nd in 2nd race, was holding ok albeit a few positions down till lap 4 when forced wide up the hill onto the grass and back down to the rear of field again. Although I did finish 2nd last in this race, but i will probably get last in this round again.

On another note, especially the newer guys, can you please have a think about 2 things. Redressing errors and overtaking. Firstly, if you are looking at attempting or actually making a pass and something happens (eg contact) and the other guy is disadvantaged (forced wide, off track, spin etc) then please redress the error by returning the position and then resume your battle. Also pick your overtaking spot, just because you might have a run on somebody out of one corner does not mean it is necessarily the best place to attempt an overtake. For instance, going up the hill on Trial Mountain, pulling alongside and trying to go 2 wide forcing the other person offline which sends them wide off track onto the grass. Hang back till the opportune time.
    Ad2mny and Blindman like this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ok so I just realised I can now not copy paste images to my posts...is this a glitch or will I have to use photobucket or something from now on?
  4. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Use imgur.com, I've got myself into a fine mess, can't use imgur at work and have posted wrong images into my thread, now I cant correct it as it won't allow me to delete the file, will try to sort it out tonight, It was all I needed after a bad night at the races to be confronted with being unable to post the tables. Will get on top of it though.
  5. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Also @emmo46 for div 3 final results I have 2 drivers on the same points, how do I tie break? best result in race 1? or best result from either race?
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Highest position in race one gets the higher place.
  7. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Well qualifying didn't go too well for me, was pushing a little hard I think, and so ended up 5th.

Got a reasonable start in race 1 and held my ground. Ended up moving up a place in lap 1 and then a few laps on moved into 3rd. Doogle and Groozer had taken off into the distance.. Each lap was making big gains on Groozer, and then I caught Doogle. It wasn't for lack of trying, but I just couldn't cleanly get the overtake done. Well done to Doogle for not making any mistakes under over half a race of constant pressure.

Was guttered for Moozer, to go off on the grass in S1, you were really quick.

Race 2 was my turn to be guttered. It was a pretty ugly start, I was pretty aggressive with my defense of my position on doogle behind me in the early laps. I had my fair share of good and bad luck, but I think my consistent pace ended with me in P3 and all over Raptor in P2. However, I touched the grass into the slow T5 and spun. Was just over the half point in the race and with tyres already a bit chewed out it was basically impossible to overtake in the later part of the race (although I still tried!) so finished in 9th.

I did make contact with a few people, but addressed any disadvantages during the race. I personally got sandwiched a couple of times and pushed into a few walls too, but this was bound to happen on this track, especially going 3 wide through the tunnel.
    Blindman and Jamie like this.
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Results and Lap times anybody
  9. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Hopefully Gary got photo's of the finishing positions. I couldn't see everyone, so no point me putting mine up.
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Ok, thanks Stumbles
  11. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    yeah, I got 'em. will post up tonight. Need to use imgur now right?
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yep
  13. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Not a great result last night.

Qualified 9th with a 31.2xx. Do we have a rule for when qualifying officially finishes?
    I was on a much quicker lap right towards the end of qualifying, possibly 3 or 4 tenths faster I reckon but the race countdown had started before I finished the lap, so rather than cheat anyone out of their position I stopped before the line so the lap didn't count.

Didn't matter much as I quickly found myself down in 13th soon after the start. Just seemed to always be in the wrong place on the outside as those behind forced their way forward.
    Settled into a rhythm right on the back of gary's bumper and that's where I spent most of the race. I challenged him once or twice but were so evenly matched that could never make a move stick.
    I think gary and I picked off a couple of people as they made mistakes. I don't think i've ever pushed so hard only to come home in 10th.

Such a hard track to pass on; I found every time I'd get a run on someone, I was on the outside for the next corner, plus everyone being so evenly matched, I couldn't make anything stick.

Race 2 started near the front and was holding 3rd for the first 5 laps. By this time some of the faster guys were making their way forward, passing me easily.
    Lap 6 is where things kicked off; a number of cars (5 I think) all converged fighting for the same piece of road. I should have known better than to get involved because I could see things were going to get messy, but couldn't help myself.
    I was looking good to pick up a couple of positions coming onto the back straight; I was on the outside of the left-hander when I got squeezed into the wall and the car spun sideways leaving me as a passenger and nowhere to go for those behind. Disappointing because I think it could have been avoided if proper room was given. Sorry to gary and s_close who hit my stranded car.
    Managed to pick up a few places over the rest of the race, finished 7th.
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Can't see lap times at all in race one image and they are too blurry in the race two image, Gary is going give me lap times tonight.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Is that Stumbles in 14th race 2?
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yes
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks
  20. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED

I thought it was full points for race 1 and half points for race 2?