Division 5 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
  2. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Last season I hosted a couple of rounds with mics on, only after clearing it with all involved (we were having small grids). For the first 5 rounds we had various network issues which I am sure we are all familiar with. My idea for this was, every time we prac mics are on and there are minimal issues, but then we race on Sundays they are off and we have issues. The test was a success in our case and we ran this for the last two rounds with out incidents caused by the network. Just had to make sure everyone muted or turned mics off prior to the race, and all was good.

This may not work for everyone, but an interesting observation on my part at the least, and something I may consider doing again this season if my div are happy with it, and it tests out fine again.
    Peter Wise likes this.
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @Darko, it was weird last night.
    I jumped out of our div 2 room and had a look at the div 5, and your name was in the list like you were there .

As for the mics, there is a train of thought that be having mics enabled it actually gives more bandwidth to the room, even though no body actually uses them. food for thought.
    AJ.Scott, Peter Wise and DoogleDave like this.
  4. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Problem there Stu, we had mics enabled last night and it was pretty bad, but only for 3 or 4 connections, might be better with a full room I suppose.
    The other thing that was interesting regards last night was the results at the end of the race going haywire, after Ostey and and.......umm....crap, can't recall who it was sorry, crossed the line they were placed 1st & 2nd, but actually finished at the rear of the field, so there was some very strange goings on within the game and PSN last night.

Must admit though it made for an interesting intro to PSN for me, lol.

Cheers
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah, it can be interesting sometimes.....its such a shame that the game could be soooooo good if they managed to iron out the room issues.....
  6. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Guys I honestly think the issue lie with my connection. I am all good up to about 8 normally but at one stage we had 12 in there and that is when bedlam normally occurs
  7. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Did they do the required compulsory stop. If they didn't they would recieved a 110 seconds penalty
  8. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Dekgt5mad has some good tips over in the div 4 thread for setting up your ps3 and modem. Anythings worth trying. I know I had issues last night but as vardz said it was probably his connection as I didnt have any issues friday night in stu's room
  9. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    was nice meeting you boys i just got kicked out of div 5 :p Movin to div 4 so cya blokes later
  10. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Hey Gratz Pykey, thought you were to fast for us Div5 cruisers lol, enjoy Div4 mate & good luck.
    freddyp_33 likes this.
  11. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
  12. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Nah mate, as far as I know both pitted, even if they didn't pit and got the 110sec penalty, why would the game declare them 1st & 2nd after finishing, thats a serious glitch :confused: o_O :mad:

As far as the connection issue goes, I understand what your saying re your connection only being capable of sustaining 8 to 10 in a room, even thought it makes no sense for your connection to the PSN to deteriorate the rooms ability to sustain everyone in it. As far as I can tell, correct me if Im wrong, but the PSN is the one who hosts, we just open rooms and others join that room within the network, so the connections weakness must be within the PSN, not with your connection.

Cheers
  13. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    Good luck in div 4 pykey. Looks like im flying the flag for QVS Racing by myself.
    pykeybraa145 likes this.
  14. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Hey guys get in quick and get your door number.... each number between 2 - 99 will only be allocated once.
    [​IMG]
    @stucar17 can you please allocate me # 22
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  15. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    #12 please :D
  16. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    Scott? (rhetorical question - pretty sure the image gives you away haha) when I was scrolling down the page I thought, hey did I just see Springsteen in someones avatar. All I'll say is if I leave you in the dust come Sunday night...well it couldn't of happened to a nicer guy ;)

I think this was asked elsewhere but who here in Div. 5 is stuck with a controller and who's got the wheel?
    I have a controller because it's as if I've become an alien on the track - on some foreign planet where the atmospehere is toxic and lap by lap I'm being obliterated :confused:
    scottb721 likes this.
  17. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    I use a dfgt wheel:)
  18. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    DFGT wheel as well.
    JAKO155 likes this.
  19. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Okay, Rotor has asked if he can have #12, so I will go with #60 year of ME!!;) Someone has #60, so it's now #53 for me

Cheers
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  20. JAKO155

JAKO155 Rookie

PSN ID
    Producer634
    Ok guys we really need someone to put their hand up to be backup host. Anybody have a strong connection?
    @VARDZ You happy to do the News for Div 5? :)