Division 7 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Feb 3, 2015.

1. maximuscatticus

maximuscatticus Team Driver

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    I scored my 3rd DSC, if anything I'm consistent........ but seriously this has gone beyond a joke now, 3 races & still haven't finished one!!!! Tonights DSC was at the end of lap 19.
  2. maximuscatticus

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    I also managed 31 laps of practice after the race with no issues at all....
    Stiffsht likes this.
  3. StigsOzCousin

StigsOzCousin Rookie

PSN ID
    StigsOzCousin
    stop complaining I didn't get boot n still didn't finish lol but that really sucked for u last night mate I made 3 rooms trying to get the best result for all u guys but I didn't have enough rope to tie ya ass in the room
  4. maximuscatticus

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    Not saying it's anyones' fault, just VERY frustrating....
  5. StigsOzCousin

StigsOzCousin Rookie

PSN ID
    StigsOzCousin
    That would be an understatement for sure mate
  6. maximuscatticus

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    The bit that gets me is that practise/qualifying are fine, BHR practise nights & races are fine, it's only Sunday nights races, 8 laps in round 1, 12 laps in round 2 & 19 laps in round 3. At least it's getting better I suppose.... lol
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    better to get it all out of your system in one season lol
  8. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    Sorry guys. I kept DSCing before the race so eventually called it a night. A new PB I think.
  9. maximuscatticus

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    Thanks to GT_BANDIT_666 (not sure he's a rooz member or not) for the tips last night, shaved almost 2secs off my pb. cheers mate.
    In other news I've discovered the Teltra Tbox has the PS3's ethernet cable, this will be remedied this arvo.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  10. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    Cyber Rant V1.012
    Post Traumatic Race Disorder
    I do not claim to know a lot about Cyberspace, I do know that the older and fatter I get I am taking up more of it. I will try not to bore U all stupid, however I offer up these thoughts and observations and hope to generate some further discussion.
    I have now done a few online races with U guys and have nothing but praise for the organisers and participants. I am attempting to make some constructive criticism here and in no way wish to offend anyone.
    Sony Servers were dismal on Sunday night. I was particularly looking forward to Spa as I can not say round one or two were my favorite places to race. In div 6 we had a stable room with everyone in – until the host re-set the room. It would appear that this is standard practice – it would also appear that it causes serious stability problems within the room server. After several attempts to get it sorted @CPTNPEACH kindly set up an alternative room. That was the beginning of my undoing. After several attempts to get in – I finally did. Went to go on track - was told my car did not comply – it still let me on track and then dumped me – Black Screen – forced re-set – file check -the whole kit and boodles. It was not until later I remembered that I have never been able to get into a Ctn Peach room – such is life.
    Now as I said I am somewhat of a Techno phobic Luddite – to which I believe @DekGT5mad can agree. I am pretty certain that my system meltdown was not caused by a fault at my end but at Sony PD server. It requested sending fault info to Sony.
    This caused a great degree of Cyberstress. Which I believe may be caused by Server Stress, and leads to Racer Stress. I would appreciate any feedback from @NAACS and @DekGT5mad as they may be able to shed some more light on these issues.
    Are we as a group contributing to Server Stress???
    As per: GTLOZ Official Lounge Settings
    Race quality should be set to high and voice chat disabled.
    Is this causing issues – in my experience having Race Qual on high can cause issues, Would it not be a better idea to have it set to standard. Not all of us have the same quality net connection and the room needs to try and cater for that.
    In div 6 our rooms have also had voice chat on High – I am sure this uses bandwidth and affects room stability. It should be Off. If it is deemed necessary at least have it on Low.
    Trying to have 16 users in the room is maxing out the server capacity. It could possibly be a good idea to limit room size to 10 or 12 drivers and have more divisions.
    We are also dumping about 100 extra users onto the same track at the same time. It could well be worthwhile having the dif divs rotating through the track. By that I mean if div one starts at track 1, div 5 starts at track 5 etc. That way we would only have one or two divisions on each track at one time.
    I suffered terrible Post Traumatic Race Disorder and Driver Remorse as a result of Sunday night. I offer these ideas if they may help in any way. All comments good or bad encouraged.
    I have posted this in a few spots to try and get input.
    @stucar17 - Your thoughts mate.
    Cheers Cyberstig.
    maximuscatticus likes this.
  11. PurpleDog

PurpleDog Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
    PD Servers are a matchmaking service only. Once matches are made, the actual racing is P2P, which is why there are so many issues. We are all quick to jump on PD as the easy to hit demon of these problems, but they are not the root cause. Poor home networking setups are.
    In an ideal world, Kaz would use some of the millions he has made from GT to give us proper dedicated servers, a la AC, iRacing, etc.... These games use a user pays server setup, as it is not a cheap thing to run, but it provides a much better experience.
    stucar17 likes this.
  12. Footlong_warrior

Footlong_warrior Team Driver

PSN ID
    Footlong_Warrior twoinch_inya

good onya @mmm_homebrew
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  14. maximuscatticus

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    yay I'm not last.... lol
  15. Bevo_17

Bevo_17 Rookie

PSN ID
    Bevo_17
    I'm 5th in my rookie season. Had a decent start and hope to continue the form
    Ad2mny likes this.
  16. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys,

Just a pre race rant before the sprint round......Will be going in every thread to remind everyone we want "racing" not crashing !

This round will be bloody tough, only a couple of spots to make a genuine pass, remember you have to be along side to have the inside line to the own corner. Contact resulting in a spin or loss of position where you are not along side may result in a penalty, likely a drive through.

Please use your heads, so we dont have the monday morning protest :):):):) fight.

REMINDER, race medium tires : Reverse grid second race : Wear NORMAL.

@Kieran_B33, @Clevohead is the room host sorted ?

Stu
  17. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Dunno, who hosted last week and what happened?
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    from the post on previous page i assumed that @Kieran_B33 hosted....Seemed to go ok i think
  19. StigsOzCousin

StigsOzCousin Rookie

PSN ID
    StigsOzCousin
    I hosted last week only had 1 drop out better then the other 2 rounds where we lost nearly half the field
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    good job stig......can you do it again tomorrow night ?