Division 7 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Feb 3, 2015.

1. koka68_68

koka68_68 New Recruit

PSN ID
    koka68_68
    Ok I will give it one more week then.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    When no one else puts their hand up to host this makes things difficult.

We had call outs the weeks leading up to kickoff with only Purple replying. I have hosted several seasons in the past without issue (I am NAT2). Could be a host issue, I don't know? But like someone said last night look at all the friends logging off, then on, then off all night, I don't think we were the only ones with issues.

I don't know what to suggest.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    PD was certainly out with a vengeance last night, I had to quit the room twice, and still Dan and I were having troubles, it's a joke.
  4. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    It was clearly explained on several occasions in the opening of my room that the race will start once the timer hit 15 min, I even left it to 16 min before hitting the button. The practice is qualifying, we don't use the qual feature in the lounge setting because of incresed issues with people getting stuck in pits etc...
    Peter Wise likes this.
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I had better leave the table until it is clearer what happened with Bevo, Koka and blacko. Does anyone know what happened to them?
  6. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    I was the initial host of Div5 last night.
    Once the room was created, the initial overload of everyone trying to join was an issue.
    But once people started coming in one by one, everything was fine and dandy... EXCEPT!
    Myself (host), and 2 others, could only see each other, and everyone else could see everyone fine.
    Once the 3 of us left and rejoined (promoting @CAB77 to host), everyone could see each other fine.

Each week that passes with this game, brings me more joy that April 2nd is fast approaching.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I struggled for 90 minutes trying to get on, never got into Evil's room despite about 10 attempts, got in a room that stiff had open only to freeze. Finally got into Rano's room just as everyone was leaving to make a new room. Then finally got into the new room rano made which eventually became Cab's room. After all that it settled down to be good race.
  8. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    I'll give a crack at hosting if you want? I usually can see everyone and dont seem to lag very much. I always lag out of your rooms Clevo and not sure why that is maybe a compatibility issue between us or something.
    PurpleDog likes this.
  9. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    Actually Kieran you're too fast, what problem, there's no problem, keep up the good work Clevo ;)

I'm just thinking out loud. I don't have a mic, but in future what if a problem arises at the start of a race...someone jumps in and makes the call to force a restart? I mean, come to think of it, I noticed position 2 on grid was vacant where Sooby should've been. We wouldn't lose too much time reorganising the grid to jump into a new race (which will likely have its own problems hmmm). Of course getting stuck in the pits half way through is practically unsolvable atm...till a fix comes through...in the year 2045. I think we need some kind of contigency plan, as atm it's just full steam ahead no matter what.

Ahh it's just a clusterf@^&. A restart could see unaffected ppl from the first go become affected and whatnot in the restart.
    Maybe we should all run solo runs and record our 'race' and submit our completion times to a mod and then rank/score us accordingly lol

This kind of thing never happened in good old fashioned Chess...until PD got a hold of it.
  10. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Those guys along with Sooby (No lap time as DSC on grid) should be classed as DSC, I will get you Kieran's, and the other guys lap times, Kieran had fastest out us in the race.
    emmo46 likes this.
  11. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I appreciate your thinking out loud, but this isn't the first season to be plagued by issues :( Thanks PD :mad:

I run my rooms full steam ahead, because in the past I have tried to accommodate everyone and you end being there and it's 9.30 while you are waiting for "racer X" to re-join, reset, after making several rooms. Meanwhile everyone else is cracking the s#!ts. I am sorry I can't please everyone, and from my experience if you have trouble joining, or get booted straight up, you are probably gunna have issues all night. I would rather upset one or two guys than have a room full of cranky guys wanting to race. And I know you guys are gunna say "it's ok, we'll wait" but wait until you have a night with an hour+ attempt of trying to get everyone in the room/race. It's not fun.
    JonoStan96, SuiCid3 and emmo46 like this.
  12. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

@Clevohead if you can get everyone in the div to join the official ROOZ club you could see if running a club only lobby would yield a more stable room. Your definitely the best choice in host if no one else puts their hand up saying they have a stable NBN connection.
    Clevohead likes this.
  13. PurpleDog

PurpleDog Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
    I thought club lobbies couldn't be private though.
  14. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

You can make club lobbies "club only" you cant set them to being "friends only". If your referring to how it was said that private club lobbies weren't to be used for team practices. That was because people were making or suggesting to make team only clubs which would mean that the room wouldn't be visible to fellow ROOZ members who weren't a member of that club.
    PurpleDog likes this.
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    So far we have:
    8th MaximusCatticus Lap 13
    9th Koka68_68 Lap 8
    10th KieranB_33 Lap 4
    11th Littleblacko ??
    11th Bevo_17 ??

Need the laps that @LITTLEBLACKO942 & @Bevo_17 DSC'd on to figure out final placings
  16. LITTLEBLACKO942

LITTLEBLACKO942 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    LITTLEBLACKO932 GTP_AussieRacer GTP_RacerOz
  17. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    I know @Bevo_17 disconnected before me
  18. Bevo_17

Bevo_17 Rookie

PSN ID
    Bevo_17
    I dsc 'd lap 4
  19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Thanks guys.
    @emmo46
    8th littleblacko042
    9th maximusatticuss
    10th KieranB33 (pole & FL)
    11th koka68_68
    12th Bevo_17
  20. LITTLEBLACKO942

LITTLEBLACKO942 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID