GT6 Future series discussion thread.

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Mustafur, Feb 21, 2014.

1. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Something with sennas f3 sounds cool, but not sure when as it sounds incredibly busy amongst here.
  2. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Hey Guys Put some feelers out for a mid week championship the other day and Leeboy is going to run a super gt as you know but this is what I was thinking for a mid week that everybody could join and be competitive whether a div 1 or div 6.

Now it would take some testing but the higher div you are graded in the more weight (ballast) your car has. If we work on a mid pack div 3 or a quick div 4 carrying 100 kg as bench mark we can work the weights for each division based on the time they run around a set track and how much the top divs need to be slowed down. It won't be easy but if need be we can toy with the power % as well.

So this is my vision. It is a points system and race format is based on the World series Sprintcar series that is run here in Australia.

# QUALIFYING: A 1 lap possibly 2 laps (depending on time) dash to set the best time you can which everyone can watch if done in the practice mode. You score points for this Top Q 32 points 2nd 30. 3rd 28 4th 26 and so on down to the slowest qualifier 16th 2 points.

# HEATS: 2 Rounds that are both reverse grid from the qualifying. They are scored 1st 16 2nd 15 3rd 14 and so to last 1 point.
    The emphasis is on qualifying well and gaining spots during the heats which will be only very short races 5-8 laps (again depending on time)
    if you don't qualify well you still have the opportunity to score as many points as the quicker qualifiers by holding your position up front or indeed passing cars if you can.

FINAL OR FEATURE: After qualifying and 2 round of heats everyone will have a points total. Where you are positioned in the list is what your starting position for the final will be, if you ar on the same points as someone the person who qualified higher starts in front. This race will be over 12 - 15 laps and the points are awarded as such.

1st 200 2nd 190 3rd 180 4th 170 5th 160 6th 150 7th 140 8th 130 9th 120 10th 110 11th 100 12th 90 13th 80 14th 70 15th 60 16th 50.
    Not sure what you think but if we can get the ballast right that will keep the racing close it comes down to race craft. might even consider adding weight to the top 5 at the end of each round say 1st 10 kg 2nd 8 kg and so on to 5th 2kg.

I WELCOME YOUR FEEDBACK....GOOD:) BAD:mad: OR OTHERWISEo_O
    What I would like to see is coming into the final round a 4 or 5 or 6 guys from different divs can win the title
    look for me tonight I will be doing some testing for this in the BRZ.
    Last edited: May 22, 2014
    stucar17 and JonoStan96 like this.
  3. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    I'd be interested.
    The BRZ was used last season though, so my suggestion would be to give it a rest.
    The new BMW Vision car is pretty sweet to drive.... :D
    JonoStan96 and VARDZ like this.
  4. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    If you want do some testing work on this. Div 1 + 160 kgs.... Div 2 + 130 kgs.... Div 3 +100 kgs.... Div 4 +70 kgs.... Div 5 +40 kgs.... Div 6 =10 kgs. Track is Special stage Route 5
    This is just get a base line to work on. Have fun.
  5. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Adding ballast means you need to open up tuning...not always welcomed in terms of keeping things competitive.
    Plus the tuning system is flawed in GT6 (not sure if the new patch fixed anything??) and the effects of tuning are not always true to life.
    VARDZ likes this.
  6. motho

motho Team Driver

PSN ID
    motho
    Instead of ballast you could use Tyre compound as the handicap with tyre wear turned off
    leeboy910 and VARDZ like this.
  7. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Will try that motho
    I've done a little testing today and now remembering I am div 5:oops: no ballast 1'22"509 200 kgs added 1'24"194 almost 1.7 sec difference
  8. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Just a heads up, we tested different tyre compounds for different divisions in Iron Van, the difference is too large an improvement between hards and mediums.
  9. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    could try moving the power %
  10. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Depending on circuit and cars, might be closer....or further apart...LOL
  11. motho

motho Team Driver

PSN ID
    motho
    Good! :D
  12. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Here's one. The old mini's. Tuning allowed. Fully worked. Sports tyres. Only restriction to tuning, some sort of top speed limit on the gear box. Maybe restrict to close gearing box or something. Bathurst mandatory. Maybe run a single event there and if there is enough interest maybe 2 - 3 more events. Interest?
    smokinscotty, S_CLOSE and emmo46 like this.
  13. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I was thinking of doing something like this but with the old Mini unmodified. Just like the '66 Bathurst race.
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  14. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    . Was worried they might be a bit slow stock though.
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    How about a bathurst race where you can enter any car you like with any tuning you like, and any tires, no restrictions.

The catch is, the car must only be able to make a certain lap time which is tested by one driver.

Eg a lap time of 2:30:00
    Driver enters a Merc SLS GT3 which he knows can easily make the time
    ROOZ official tester of the event takes it for a spin online to see what times he can get out of it and makes adjustments to the power limiter so that it cannot (by his driving standards) pass the 2:30:00 mark.

So that it's not a time consuming prospect for the tester, once you submit your car, you cannot change it. Also if during the race you surpass the time on a lap by more than 1 sec, you get a penalty.
  16. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    That's funny, because I was thinking of doing similar at some point in the future - with the old unmodified Mini's.

At least whoever puts this together can be confident there seems to be interest in this kind of event :)
    Ad2mny and smokinscotty like this.
  17. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Id definately be keen for Minis on the mount. When I had my '63 850, John Leffler used to do all my wheel alignments, so this event would have a special place in my heart :D
    I recon give them some guts though. could get a little tedious without.
    Maybe even try them against the old Andretti stock car??? some old brick that doesnt do corners but would be good on the striaghts... make it interesting - er.
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Here is an interesting list for that scotty:
    Mini Cooper 1.3i '98
    Mercedes Benz 300 SL Coupé '54
    Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (C2) '63
    Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta passo corto CN.2521 '61
    Shelby GT350 '65

So basically the mini, and each premium hardtop road car pre '66
    smokinscotty likes this.
  19. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    The mini might need more horsepower/ more grip than the others to be competitive, but would be pretty epic!
  20. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    I remember Anon running a series for Minis a while back

Stumbles, Ad2mny and Anon666 like this.