General Music Thread - *possible LANGUAGE warning*

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Crunch, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Queensryche
  2. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    I'm a Good Charlotte and Fall out boy fan, im only 16 so all my mates love bloody dub step, but to me sounds like someone let a squirrel into the kettle and is raising a family in there.....
    SPL Racing and Cyber_STIG_77 like this.
  3. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Haha, best description I've heard is like two Transformers making sweet, sweet love :p
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  4. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Bob Dylan at the Tivoli anyone? Wednesday night (two nights ago), a couple of friends went. I'm not a fan, but maybe someone here is / went as well.

Getting pumped for Queen this Monday !!
  5. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    A good mate at Uni was a Dylan fan, think I heard too many of his, ahh, lesser known hits to be a fan myself?? Would be a good show no doubt. Man, I must stay out of this thread, too much good stuff. I pity the kids these days, no more music revolutions - Rock n Roll, Blues, Rock, Grunge, Electro... what I hear today is variations of a theme, and that theme is over-produced tits on the radio advertising jingles stretched to 3 minutes?? Maybe that is the revolution for the current generation, Souless Pulp!!!

I am stuck in the 90's, with the occasional visit to the 70's and 00's. A lot of good stuff came out in the 80's, but that era was ruined by my sister and the rewind button on her cassette deck!!! The Aussie music scene, and in particular the Brisbane scene was huge when I was at Uni and frequenting one too many pubs. I am pretty confident I saw most of these acts at one point in time, may not have paid for tickets, but definitely bought some drinks!!

Heaps of good songs from these guys, but this is my fav video.

Gotta love that intro!!

Went off live!!

Dave McMormack you legend!!!

Sweatiest man alive...

Vaguely remember going to Festie Hall to see the Pumpkins, but overseas bands were too rich for my blood back then. And with so many good live local bands, who'd bother. Ahh, enough for now, apologies to all, especially those under 30 who will think all these are sh1t. Your Favourite music = What was popular in you late teens/early 20's + booze + girls (or boys...).
  6. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    need to get this thread on track.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  7. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    @Anon666 I think you're featuring at the beginning of this one :p
    Anon666 likes this.
  8. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    So did your Mum have this episode of Sesame St on loop when you were a kid Koastr??
    KoAStR likes this.
  9. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    hahaha that is gold! :D
  10. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Queen was awesome! Never realised there are so many guitar solos in their songs before. Brian May's a legend.

Crowd was a bit disappointing; I presume the oldies didn't want to rock too hard which is understandable.

Exactly like the reviewers said: Adam Lambert enjoyed 'vocally masterbating' way too much. Sometimes it fit, during 'Somebody to Love', and sometimes it just didn't - like 'Crazy Little Thing Called Love'. 'Radio Ga Ga' was lackluster in terms of his vocals; all the notes at the end of lines he deliberately cut short, and that's fine to give another song a bit of flavour, but not 'Radio Ga Ga'. There was no second verse in that song either, instead opting to just cut to the solo. 'Bohemian Rhapsody' was half-sung, half recorded with Freddie, and the intermittent bit in the middle of the song was DIRECTLY from the studio recording. As such, it lacked the appeal that other songs had. Encore was great because of their anthem quality, naturally. The floor didn't give enough sound for a quality stomp however. Dunno whether Freddie would tell people to 'stand the :):):):) up', but that happened twice.

Two highlight songs were 'I Want It All' (because it isn't a AAA status song, it stood out for being a huge anthem. I understand Freddie had never sung it live, so that's why it isn't as recognisable among the mainstream audience I presume. It would be a huge hit if Queen wrote it earlier), and 'Under Pressure' (which Roger Taylor sung beautifully as David Bowie. Instrumentals and everything in that song were brilliant). Close behind were 'A Kind of Magic' and 'Fat Bottomed Girls', which are both brilliant live performances compared to the studio recordings. 'Killer Queen' and 'Another One Bites the Dust' done well too.

Brian May's guitar wasn't turned on for about 2 or so seconds during his solo part, and he looked around for someone on the side stage and indicated for him to turn it on. He's such a humble guy, and he garnered copious amounts of the applause for anything he did.
    -

That's it really. My ears are ringing a lot, and it's been more than 15 hours now. A brilliant, brilliant rock concert with brilliant songs. It's all about the songs.
    JonoStan96, Clevohead and Ad2mny like this.
  11. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams

You'll find that that particular section of the song has never been performed live. To do it justice and have it sound like the studio recording you would need a massive choir on stage such is the amount of dubbing with the vocals and even then it probably wouldn't sound anywhere near as good. Look up any live performance of Bohemian Rhapsody any you will see the same thing done.
  12. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Like this @2:11
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Have that concert on DVD. Never tire of watching it. Great performance.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  14. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Oh okay. I didn't know that. That's alright then, if that's how they do it.

I've seen other bands do a cover with the entire vocals and instrumentals, so I would have thought Queen would do the same.

(So this is where I went to get a copy off YouTube of one of the covers, but then I was surprised to find the exact cover I'm talking about!)

Without further ado, I present the exact gig I went and saw on that night, and ultimately was more impressed with their rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody. As per the description - 'Live at the Tivoli in Brisbane on 11/04/2014'. I already looked for myself, but unfortunately, I was standing possibly 4 person to the left of the camera operator.

15. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    Queen, Jet and a bit of John Butler Trio is my top 3! I love Two Door Cinema Club aswell, but Queen, Jet and JBT are just unbelievable!
    Killer Queen, Now I'm here, Rollover DJ, She's a Genius, Zebra, Daniella all beautiful songs!
    Can't stand the music most younger people listen to with the doof doof fjkrvbwlebiv4tvlib crap. And I'm only 16... few young people have good taste anymore...
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  16. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    JBT is good stuff :thumbsup:
    Days of the New, first album is one of my favourites too.
    Randm90 likes this.
  17. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Going to see JBT live in a few weeks. The handbrake bought tickets for my birthday. Can't wait.
    Crunch and Randm90 like this.
  18. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition

My favourite doof doof track. It conforms to every single stereotype of modern house, yet has the brilliant piano and bass. So incredible.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2014
  19. CDT

CDT New Recruit

PSN ID
    dr_twist
  20. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny

I can't find the version they actually play in the nightclub has heaps more bass I have it in mp3 version but YouTube don't.