GT-Sport Gran Turismo Sport - General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by JonoStan96, May 20, 2016.

1. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Daily races will now start 4pm Saturday :thumbsup:
    stucar17 likes this.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    So spent a bit of time looking through the options screens last night given we still cant drive on the bloody thing !
    TBH is anyone surprised ? !!

So, here is my initial thoughts
    GOOD
    - Cars / graphics do look amazing ! Very crisp and the way these guys do the shadowing / reflections on the cars. It just looks that little bit crisper and brighter than PCARS 1
    - seemed to load up very fast, going between the screens doesnt take long at all....
    - Looks easy to navigate and get around, everything on the opening screen it looks like.
    - All the menus look like the GT6 menus so should be easy to use when the game is playable. (see below !)
    - looking at the wheel mapping screen, it looks to have some nice little add ons like indicators and hazard lights !

NOT SO GOOD
    - Has the initial feel of a prettier GT6. Given how long its taken to get this far it doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence !
    - All the menus look like they are cut and pasted from GT6. Easy to remember for those of us that havent been on since PCARS / AC landed, but in a new game i would have thought they would have changed a few of the 'arcadie' options.
    - Looks like we will have to grind to get cars / upgrades / options again. The paint color for the hyundai was listed as 300, so i assume if you want to send it for a color change, once again get your virtual wallet out....

When you add these 'not so good' things (my opinion only) to what we already know, then im not so sure its going to be all its cracked up to be. Having to grind again will be a bit turn off for many when comparing to PCARS 2, which will have all cars and tracks available from the get go.....

I suppose all we can do is wait till we can get the thing on track to see how it stacks up against what we are doing now, and what we know. If it gives us great league racing then thats all that matters.......

Sat night sounds good, hopefully we can all get in the same room at the same time and arent restricted too where we are put. Would hate to be put in a room with guys who just want to hit everything that moves.
    SuiCid3, NAACS and garyw61 like this.
  3. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Ummm, sound update!!! Dem GTR downshifts tho!!! :inlove::inlove::inlove:
    stucar17 and Zachery like this.
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    does sound better but i think there may be a bit of crackle overkill !

NIce hazard lights by the way :laugh:
  5. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Can still hear the trademark GT squeals
    stucar17 likes this.
  6. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Probably won't notice as much when racing properly. The hazard lights are hilarious...what's the point?? :roflmao:
    That Subaru sounds great too, nailed the boxer sound for me.
    stucar17 likes this.
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i do like the idea of indicators though...good for pit entry intent and also telling drivers which way to go round in things like blue flag situations.
    dj2ca and leeboy910 like this.
  8. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    holy crap all this time and the cars still sound garbage, that's disappointing. :confused:
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    well, i dont think they sound 'garbage'....... but they certainly sound better than what they did. I have no doubt no matter what game people look at they will find reason to pull it apart if it isnt their current 'game of choice';)
  10. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Huh? Not picking a game apart, just saying what we all know is true. This massive, lengthy delay and the cars sound pretty much identical to what they were 12 months ago except now they make popping noises every now and then. What has the delay done for Polyphony? Must be some massive feature/s or completely re-designed physics because if it comes out like what the BETA is now then that's a massive joke!
    Beau_Albert, JonoStan96 and Zachery like this.
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    hook line and sinker Samuel :D
    What has the delay done for Polyphony?.....absolutely killed them IMO....will be no massive features, and as i said im my post above, just from looking at what we can in the beta ATM, it does look like it may well be a massive disappointment. Almost a copy and paste from GT6 with a prettier interface. Given we normally dont hear boo out of them in terms of direction, i still think they are still trying to sit in the middle of being an arcadie sim....

I still say, that they :):):):) themselves with the offerings from AC and PCARS (console of course) so have been working to try to give as many new options as they could to compete...other than a livery editor im not sure what else they will offer
  12. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    but youre not allowed to have that opinion as its no longer your current 'Game of Choice' ;);)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i dont have a game of choice !
  14. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    The one thing Polyphony has over the other two is that their online capabilities shine through (lobby wise, not net code).
    So long as the physics of the game sits inbetween PC and AC (or at least surpass them), then I'm pretty sure we'll have another strong Sunday league running.

I honestly couldn't care less about the sounds..
    Zachery and stucar17 like this.
  15. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    bloody hell is that all i get. was hoping for some more fire than that :(:(
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yeah, so long as it give the right league environment then we all win.

Yet to see any game on any platform that ticks all the boxes, whether its game features, network features, glitches, sound or cost. actually looking forward to trying it on sat night
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    sorry :p
    Zachery likes this.
  18. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    We just need stability, decent lobby options, and adjustable pit strats with no tune lobbies really. either that, or a simpler tuning menu so we can run tune lobbies.
    stucar17 likes this.
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    dont disagree with that.
    Zachery likes this.
  20. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Did GT6 allow for pit strategies in non-tuned rooms?
    Me forgets...