GT-Sport Gran Turismo Sport - General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by JonoStan96, May 20, 2016.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Here you go mate :)
    leeboy910 and garyw61 like this.
  2. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Got given a new car, and wowee this car is glorious to drive.

This lap sees me in the top 10 for time trial World Rankings at this track, enjoy :)
    garyw61 likes this.
  3. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    One more video for now, this Alfa is very very hard to tame, even with an hour tuning it I simply couldn't get this thing under control. Evidently it is far slower than the GT-R and Genesis.
    garyw61 likes this.
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I ran some laps last night and have to say in not disappointed in it, while at the same time, not blown away by it

The graphics are BLOODY GOOD it has to be said....a little crisper and brighter the PCARS, and a definite step up from GT6. The sound is pretty good, i have to say my biggest bug bear with tire squeal was barely noticeable, even in the Hyundai on road tyres....I havent really been a big worrier of sounds though TBH, the engines sound ok, however my sound for some reason was low, and i couldnt find a way to increase it.... even the 'crackle' i commented on in an earlier post wasnt noticable when driving.....
    Hyundai Genesis,
    [​IMG]

GTR GT3
    [​IMG]
    GTR Gr.4
    [​IMG]

Alfa AC Gr.4

[​IMG]

I have to agree with jono here, the game is very easy to jump in and play, even though the interface would hint there are still a lot of things to be added or to be adjusted. Very much like GT6 (from memory) with the only option for wheel settings ATM being FFB and sensitivity. For me this is HUGE advantage as you don't spend hours trying to get the feel right as most of us did in PCARS. It really is a case of arrive and drive !

The down side of this (IMO) is that the wheel feels disconnected from the road for me. it just doesn't give the same feedback that PCARS does, the wheel shudders (for me) to represent understeer, where in PCARS the wheel got light and gradually got heavier as the grip came back.....perhaps its a case of fiddling with the limited settings to get a little closer to the PCARS feel....Strangely, the feel was a LOT different on the little oval track, where the wheel didn't shudder, but was just a weird kind of light on the long banking....

My online races were a mixed bag.....my big concern here is that we will have the same server issues as GT6 gave us....my ping was 150 (on top right of game screen) and when in a race there was LOTS of lag. I was in with a couple of Aussies and even they were lagging / jumping all over the road.....The others were Japanese, and they were all over the place.

Like jono, i also had my car 'cut out' each lap in the same spot at Brands Hatch. Down the hill after the turn 3 hairpin....
    i didn't 'notice' any other glitches, however i was trying to drive and take everything in....

The tracks look great, detail is pretty cool. The new one called 'Dragon Trail' is an AWESOME little track. Have to say its the first time in a while i have run laps in time trail just for the sake of it....something i havent done in PCARS :confused:

So, after all that, for me the jury is still out.....i love the arrive and drive style of the current setup, love the graphics but not sure about the feel of driving.....

Will be on again tonight after the final PCARS round for some more testing / driving on it if anyone wants to join in the chat
    KoAStR and SPL Racing like this.
  5. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I'm almost certain the servers being tested are in Japan, hence the high ping. Other regions are reporting much improved ping in the 20s and 30s range, after initially having ping in the hundreds.
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Here's a race full of the engine cut outs I mentioned, yeah my driving is shocking initially (for some reason I was running max front aero and didn't compensate at the rear, idiot), but it's easy to see how this can ruin one's momentum and corner approach.
    KeedenMcdonald and stucar17 like this.
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    did you fiddle with the setups much @JonoStan96 ?
  8. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    That's close to a game-braking bug. Have you reported it to the beta feedback forums?
  9. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    I agree @stucar17
    The FFB is very strange compared to PCars.
    I can't get the feel that @JonoStan96 is talking about.
  10. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    In terms of setups, I overhauled the WRX a lot but I still hate it. Genesis I didn't change much as it's already bang on. But the Ferrari likes to kill its driver as soon as you power out of a corner so after that race I maxed out the aero and it was much better. As far as I can tell the stupid 0.0 camber settings that plagued GT6 (and Pcars to an extent) are no longer viable. Transmission is a whole lot easier to work out now that it (fairly) accurately tells you the top speed of each gear in the settings screen.

I haven't been able to gain access to the Beta forums, same goes for a lot of people according to GT Planet.

All I'd like is a more heavy wheel, I do like the feel but I honestly get more response out of F1 2016 than this game which simply isn't good enough. The understeering slipping effect I like, although maybe it's just a placebo vibration effect in disguise.

Apparently there's a trick to get new cars much faster, which I'll give a go later.
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    its just different......some will like it and others wont, all down to personal preference...
    What did you have your wheel settings at ? i tried 8 and 8 for both but didnt feel right...
    Will you be on tonight after 9:30 ? Keen to get in a chat with a few guys to swap ideas on setups etc
  12. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    10/10 and even then it feels poor.

Yeah I'm going to do as many of the scheduled races as possible to get my ranking as high as it can. Setups aren't my forte at all but at least it makes sense in this game thus far.

@KeedenMcdonald has a beta code too.
    ...and so does @TDZdave lol.
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
    stucar17 likes this.
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Can confirm that the trick to get extra cars is indeed real and works!

All you have to do is allow the clock to tick over to midnight and you'll get a prize car as you'll have completed the "Daily Workout" (42km). Changing the timezones allows you to do this.

Manually setting the time doesn't work. You need to set the time of date (via internet) after each time you recieve a car to take full advantage of the glitch.

Note: You'll need to have completed the 42km at some point for it to work.
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Have to say that's unbelievable that a glitch like that is so easy to exploit. Classic.
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Does anyone want cockpit cam footage?
    leeboy910 likes this.
  16. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Give us a bit of everything Jono, if you don't mind that is! At least we can see some decent driving if you're at the wheel.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  17. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    just in case anybody is interested on this forum.
    I had my first race tonight and finished a very close 2nd. Was fun. Lead for one lap.
    [​IMG]
    I like this game. Its like catching up with an old friend.
    SuiCid3, leeboy910, stucar17 and 3 others like this.
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Oversteer central!
    leeboy910 likes this.
  19. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Nice Jono!
  20. leeboy910