GT5 GT academy 2012

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by inline 6, May 7, 2012.

1. inline 6

inline 6 New Recruit

how come no one seems to be doing this?

i couldnt see it on the psn on my normal account but i logged in on another account with england set as the country and i was able to download from psn with that account and play as normal.

seems to be kind of like license tests with a premium car if you score all gold times in each event.
  2. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Aussies excluded cause there's too many dominators.
    Perhaps the rest of the world is a bunch of sore losers. lol
  3. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

Lol miki so true
  4. inline 6

inline 6 New Recruit

it still lets you play with your aussie account though, its exactly the same unless you somehow manage to be in the top however many you wont get to go anywhere further.

it also keeps tallys which country has the most gold medal times around the world australia needs you :p we are ranking pretty far down the list.
  5. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

Ok well I guess I will have a go this arvo. So what I gotta do to get into it??
  6. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    You've gotta have a US, Pommy or Japanese PSN account I think (it's only available on their Playstation Stores), I've got a US account, set GT Academy up to download while I was at lunch, keen to check it out, sucks balls that Australia is excluded though.
  7. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

Oh spewin. Well let me know how it goes snake
  8. inline 6

inline 6 New Recruit

yeah snake is right, thats just to get on another countrys psn to download for free .

you can then use your normal aussie account to play it. and apparently you get premium cars at the end but not sure how that works yet.
  9. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

What sort of email account did you guys use for USA or England account. Can't use an Aussie one. Didn't work for me
  10. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

Got a USA account but still can't download the academy thing. Can't find it in store.
  11. inline 6

inline 6 New Recruit

i made england as my country said i live at fake st london and used a hotmail account as my email. dont even think you need to confirm your email account anyway. search for gran turismo academy on psn and it should be in there for free
  12. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    I used the address of Joe Louis Arena (home of the Detroit Redwings) as my address (it's an ice rink, not a residential area! lol) and had no worries using one of my secondary e-mail addresses.

Hosie I just went to the new release section then theres a "Featured" block in there, GT Academy was under that on the US store.

Had a bit of a go at the round 1 challenges last night, Golds were easy to get but I just had to try to better all of my times, Jezza is the only one on my friends leaderboard atm and he's got some awesome times, for example, the last of the round 1 challenges, "Driving with opponents" I noticed he was rank 10 in the world, great effort.
  13. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

Ok cool. Will try that tonight.
  14. jezza1

jezza1 Rookie

thanks snake :). i had another go at 1-5 lastnight for a bit and managed to get equal first, but since then have dropped back to 4th since i last looked lol. i only have 3 australian people who have joined up to do it so far from my friends list, plus a bunch of overseas players. my main aussie competition from my list is GT5BOYCEY, you now that youve joined, and daniel holland haha, pretty competitive times! its gonna get worse later on when everyone is trying to do as good as they can. your times are really quick snake, keep it up... try not to play star wars too much and throw off your groove lol
  15. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Yeah cheers Jezza, I haven't put too much effort in yet but may do so later, I'm yet to even try the round 2 challenges, will get there eventually, it's only the medals that matter isn't it? As long as you get the gold I don't think it matters too much where you are on the leaderboard, for now anyway, doesn't give me too much incentive to retry especially when you take Star Wars into account :lol: Your doing bloody well though as I always knew you would, I had an inkling when we first started racing you in the Sunday league that you were in Dan Hollands sort of league, awesome stuff.
  16. Pricey_777

Pricey_777 Wesley

I want to have a go but cant work out how to register!
  17. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    make a FAKE UK account its easier than making a USA one....
    and then log into that user online on ur PS3 and then download the GT ACADEMY from the PS STORE (3021MBS) and you should be in m8...
  18. Pricey_777

Pricey_777 Wesley

cool i will have a look thanx.
  19. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    to easy m8.
    have hear that when you download GT ACADEMY any user on ur Play Station can use it... not sure if it true but...
  20. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Currently Australia is leading the gold average leaderboard :) So ironic as we can't do the download through the AU PSN Store :rolleyes:!

http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/academy/2012/trophy_ranking/

With Nissan coming in to the V8 series, maybe we can have a GT Academy next year. Get a berth in The Great Race! :lol:

I am only doing it to get the cars because I love the Leaf ( :p ), and 1-1 I hit gold on the first run. I actually equalled the gold time of 30.600 :lol: