GT Sport New Format Test Season Division 1-3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Qual'ed as expected.
    Made some early ground and was in the hunt for Lennon when I hit a blade of grass and dropped to 8th. Couldn't catch up after that.
    Had some good battles until I spun. @UrsineSaturn9 yet again :)
    Kudos to @kipztaah for the win. Blew us away.
    Looks like @deedz_aus , @DAMN_RIGHT_BOB and @LennonLegend1993 had a decent battle.
    Was good to see that from 2nd to 7th the time difference was only 11s.
  2. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Yep, that grass is slippery. Thought you were going to be on my tail the whole race again. Also good to see from 2nd to 8th best lap times within about 3 tenths. Consistency is key I suppose
    Noxrai, deedz_aus and Matthyus like this.
  3. kipztaah

kipztaah Rookie

PSN ID
    kipztaah
    Was practising a fair abit to get used to the car + track as ive never used the car before, was abit lonely out front but nevertheless i had fun with a new bunch of people and hope to be involved in more races to come. I just knew i had to keep being consistent with my times ( which im happy with )
    Thanks for the race :)
  4. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I struggled for pace a bit last night. tenth per beer per lap or there-abouts. Had some close battles at the start until hatfield got ahead then i just sat in my own patch of road for ages as hat gradually pulled away. eventually @NAACS caught up coz he was doing .5secs a lap faster. I was planning a hero pass on the final straight on the last lap but touched one half of a blade of grass on the second last corner gifting @Ozglenn a spot.
    The new qually method probably got me more points than i deserved this season. Seems like a lot of admin as well. I am ambivalent about whether it is a good thing or not.
    Hatfield, Matthyus, Noxrai and 2 others like this.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Fun race up front, had a great chance to at least somewhat fight for the win but did my usual lap 2 Kyoto choke.

Awesome battle with xl but I was too passive and in the end wore out my tyres.
  6. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    What an intense race! Qualified higher than expected. Then had an amazing battle for 4th for almost 3/4 of the racer with @Crunch , @Bryan_F ,@Viperzed @holdenman05 . Everyone having certain sections where they were stronger and weaker in. Had great battles with all of you! This is what I joined Rooz for.
    While battling crunch and going side by side with him I must of touched the grass on the quick switch left just before the final hairpin. Absolutely spat my car into the wall, allowing @Hatfield and @holdenman05 back through.
    Was such a shame as I thought it was going to be the end of so far very enjoyable and tense race. But I ended up catching holdenman but having to battle him to the very end. Awesome racing @holdenman05 again . We swapped positions a few times. I think my tires were getting very ordinary near the end and I was getting very scrappy. A very exciting 8th for me. With holdenman inches next to me at the finish line. I'll take that result everyday with this type of racing.

Congrats to the top 3 @KeedenMcdonald , @xlxy90 and @JonoStan96 for the podium. Top stuff.
    incey, Hatfield and Matthyus like this.
  7. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Great battle! My goal was to just make it as hard as possible for you to get passed. The gap was see-sawing out to 2.5 seconds and back down to bumper to bumper.

I had a good race with @KeedenMcdonald for 2-3 laps until he decided he had had enough with everybody and just left.
  8. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Well done to all...kept me on my toes for the whole race!

I had a few flyers on Friday night when qualifying, got some good lines sorted - but just couldn't quite hit them the same on Sunday. In the half hour leading up to the race, I hit a few 40's, but couldn't match the 39 i got for qually. Couldn't even break 41 during sunday qually, though half my laps lost at least a second from pushing too hard, or not enough.

After qualifying last, I wondered if my only chance was consistancy above others mistakes - so despite losing lap time from not pushing, I thought this would be the way to go. @Matthyus and @emmo46 soon dropped back and I wondered if more would follow. Had a great race with @UrsineSaturn9, gap bouncing all around from 2 seconds behind to 2 seconds in front - i think due to both our inconsistancy! Ursine was bouncing all around the screen in the first few laps, and I just held back in case he wasn't where he appeared to be. Emmo got a knock off the track from an invisible car that I assume was Ursine. I would stay right on Ursines tail within 0.4 or 0.6, but then drop back to 1.0 or 1.5 seconds behind by not getting a corner quite right. Surprisingly, I managed to make the time up reasonable quickly most of the time, but even with slipstream found it hard to find a spot to get past - just keeping up was hard enough! After a while I got past Ursine, though the boys in fron were extending their lead from 5 to 10 seconds and getting away.

Emmo seemed to be doing the same to me - I would be deep in tunnel vision in front, finally get a reprieve and look around - and find Emmo half a second behind me.

Plenty of position changing in front - a few laps from the end something interesting must have happened, Deedz overtook Lennon and then Bob, and Lennon dropped back to 8 seconds in front of me, and then 5. I wondered if their tyres were wearing quicker than mine due to racing faster on them/ pushing harder. Lennons time kept creeping away, but snapped back to 5 seconds by the end of the lap.

Congrats to all, see you next race!
  9. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Damn Family dropping in and making me drink all arvo! (Insert twisted arm here)
    Looks like I missed a good race. Wanted to be in the thick of it but was in no state for racing even if there was a div 5
    incey, LennonLegend1993 and Matthyus like this.
  10. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Much like Tynesider has done the commentary etc for room 1, I decided to put together a highlights video of room 2 (for us slower guys haha) and add some commentary. It’s probably very average, but it’ll be up soon, for those who are interested (I’ll post it here)

Good race overall. Some great battling with deedz and bob. Enjoyed the race and happy to finish 4th.
    Excited for the real season with some tyre wear, compound choice and fuel depletion. :)
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    that pass you got me down the inside into the hairpin was all class and I was totally not expecting it!
    That is at least one reason it was good to have this test season
    Matthyus and incey like this.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  13. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    thanks, if only i could've held the position a bit longer than a few corners though. anyway i can tell the grandkids i put a valid pass on the mighty hatfield
    Hatfield likes this.
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Tristan Jones and Crunch like this.
  15. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    A night to forget all in all. Reasonable start, up a couple of places, then found I just couldn't drive at pace. @UrsineSaturn9 was lag glitching all over the place and that distracted me enough to go off track at the final turn on lap three, back to last place and never recovered. Would find my groove for 2 - 3 laps then loose it which meant I couldn't maintain the gap to second last.

Would be great if anyone out there would offer some sort of coaching service?
  16. kipztaah

kipztaah Rookie

PSN ID
    kipztaah
    If we race the p1 looks like ill need to do some saving up quick if it has a chance of being the season car
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    when you are online, ask any of the guys who are on to sit in spectate with you and give you some tips
    after tittsup on tuesday I could do this for a little bit if you like?
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  19. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    MR cars definitely feel better across the board, makes BoP for WET a headache lol
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yeah I feel for you. I know how much time you put into it and having an across the board change means you basically have to start from scratch. At least things get fun when they get WET.
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.