GT Sport Season 1 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 16, 2017.

1. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Bryan_F @emmo46 @Bluemoon @pat65
    So we've found an issue tonight where both @KeedenMcdonald and @GOWIE22 experienced starting grid glitches where they were unable to control the car after the countdown for the race start:

In all instances I was the room host, though @KeedenMcdonald had the issue in the first/old room and @GOWIE22 had the issues in the new room.
    When we tried to have @Mustafur host, both @KeedenMcdonald and @GOWIE22 appeared to have difficulties joining the room, so we couldn't test the starting grid glitch with another host.
    Did anyone else experience this issue or know if this is likely a host, client or server related issue?

Also although we didn't do any particularly long test races, there were concerns from the Div4 guys about the possible lack of pit stop strategies at the current 1x fuel and tyre rate. In a 10 lap race around Kyoto Yamagiwa Reverse with 3x rate for both, the tyres were hardly a concern and the fuel could've probably been stretched the distance on slightly more conservative fuel maps. What do you guys think about increasing to the current rate of 1x to allow more strategy?
  2. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Kyoto is a sprint race though, i don't think we need pitstops in a race designed to be a sprint.

If we increase the fuel rate we will have to stop twice in a normal 45 min round and way too much in an enduro.

Although i tested on medium the current way we got it allows for an either or situation sith tyre changes, they cost around 5 seconds and with low wear you could go either way with that if you dont want to change or not.
    Hatfield and COME_AND_GET_ME7 like this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @emmo46 had the start glitch too where he couldn't move his car off the line... only rev it

All drivers need to be on the track itself before the race is started to avoid this.
    B-Spec Bob likes this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ok so some things found from the meet n greet.
    Everyone must be on the track prior to race start to avoid some bugs (we knew this going in)
    You can enter the pits without slowing down and won't be penalised
    We will run weak ghost this season
    Don't pause while driving on track unless you absolutely have to as your car does not ghost (first park and handbrake while off track, then pause and you will ghost due to weak ghost)
    confirmed running no cut track penalties
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'm not sure why that was happening, once we went to the next track it never occurred again. One thing I am struggling with is losing heaps of places off the line. If I use lower revs or 2nd gear the car just bogs down. If I give it full welly I just sit there wheels spinning and end up slewing across the road. I have tried breaking traction and then easing the throttle but the wheels bite and the engine bogs down, everybody else seem to get of the line cleanly so what is the secret?
  6. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    I use tc 1 off the line and knock it back down to 0 once i hit 20km/h, seemed to work pretty well
    emmo46 likes this.
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Do you use full throttle?
  8. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Yeah, i use face buttons for throttle/brake so i have no choice, thats ehy i used tc in the first place
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yes

put ur TCS on using the on screen MFD (I have to map some of my wheel buttons) and then turn it off if you want once you are going
    emmo46 likes this.
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks. it was frustrating sitting there wheel spinning while everyone else charged off to turn 1.
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    If anyone thinks they are in the wrong division or someone else is in the wrong division or they want to move up a division, send me a PM
  12. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    I spent far too long trying to work it out in the driver training with the MX-5 before learning TC1 fixes everything. I understand it is meant to be difficult but this feels FAR too difficult and makes me question the tyre model choices.

Also I'm expressing concern over use of ghosting just for when people need to pull over. Not a fan at all of cars ghosting during racing conditions, nor of seeing passes made because cars are no longer solid, pileup or not.
    Hopefully nothing comes of it and everything is fine, I've merely spent my 2 cents before the season commenced rather than after there are vested interests.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Well considering my room settings were always fastest first and with @GOWIE22 starting near the front of the grid, he should've been on the track already as I only ever went on just before starting the race. So I'm guessing there's more to it than just being on track..
  14. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Gowie was on track, there is something else making the issue.
  15. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I have to agree. We’ve run many seasons without ghosting on GT6 without much complaint. When you’re parked away from the track ghosting is largely irrelevant anyway. Pileups will be pileups, we all should drive to avoid them in the first place.
    StigsTC likes this.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    the example I can think of is this:

someone no longer wishes to partake in the race. As per the rules, they park off the track somewhere out of the way. Later, someone has an accident spinning off track and collides with the out of the way car. This car which was parked is now rolling and ends up in the middle of the track. Another car comes along and BANG...

you see my point
  17. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    It's not hard to ban ghosting overtakes though, we all got a share button.
    Hatfield likes this.
  18. Dazza83

Dazza83 Rookie

Hey guys looks like atm im in this div.. Psn accounts Dazza83 if you want to add me.
    Hatfield likes this.
  19. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    In that case, why not force cars to park in the pits? How many racing series out there allow cars to be parked on the side of the road?
    StigsTC likes this.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    if it's kinda urgent, I would prefer they have the option to park... how about we see how this season goes on weak, and if it gets exploited, we can move to none ?