GT Sport Season 1 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 16, 2017.

1. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Qualifying is normally 8:20 though? Also says that in the OP
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    oh well I should read my own OP then lol

well I didn't expect the night to go like that.
    Was on provisional pole and as usual @razor4797 took pole by a slim margin on his last flyer

I knew my start would be bad as it always is in my tune, so tried to move to the inside quickly but then messed up braking into T1 tapping @arakasi- but he held it and I was waiting, then another car came flying into T1 and took him into the sand so off I went chasing razor, @incey & @Bluemoon

I went full tilt to pass the 3 of them and then started fuel saving.

To my surprise, I pulled away while fuel saving and finished with a 30+ sec gap to arakasi who did well to come back from T1 to finish 2nd

I went for the FL on the last 3 or 4 laps as I had enough fuel but couldn't break into the 202s
    Te_Wheke and razor4797 like this.
  3. Te_Wheke

Te_Wheke Rookie

PSN ID
    Te_Wheke_NZ
    Massive apologies to emmo and anyone else got caught in the carnage I caused in turn 1. My foot slipped across the brake pedal (don't race in socks) as I went to push it which meant I was way too late by the time I actually did brake, then my attempt to minimise the carnage just made it worse, and then I panicked and made it even worse still.

Again really sorry for ruining your race. :(
    arakasi- likes this.
  4. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Love when a tag doesnt work, im actually home and didnt find out until just now that it was on. Partly my own fault but disappointing
    Hope you guys had a decent race
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    1. Hatfield 43:52.677
    2. arakasi- 44:29.311
    3. razor4797 44:31.868
    4. Incey 44:34.656
    5. Bluemoon 44:51.106
    6. emmo46 44:51.973
    7. Te_Wheke_NZ - 1 LAP
    8. skintsaint DNF
  6. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Pole lap footage:

I was thrilled to grab pole after all but zero practice, and in my usual fashion, it was in the dying seconds of the qualifying time.
    I kept the lead for the first couple of laps until Hatfield caught and passed me very nicely.
    He took off down the road, so I thought he was running max fuel and was going to pit.
    I was very wrong.
    My race pace was not great as the gap in front of me got larger and the gap to Arakasi and Incey behind me got smaller.
    All I had to do to keep 2nd place was to keep the car on the road, but that wasn’t to be.
    With just a couple of laps to go I had a lapse in concentration and a massive snap oversteer moment coming out of the dipper caused me to lose it, hitting the wall and spinning the car.
    Oh well, I guess I’ll have to settle for 3rd I thought.

Well done to Hatfield for a complete domination tonight, simply too good.

I am happy that I did finish the final race on the podium to have 7 from 7 for the season including 5 wins, reminding me of my very first ROOZ season where I finished 5 from 5 including 3 wins (because I joined late).

Cheers for a fantastic season gentleman, it’s been a pleasure.
  7. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Stoked to grab 2nd at Bathurst. Not the start I hoped for but ended up making it a great race chasing incey and Razor down.

Set myself a season goal of top 6 and I think I achieved that, with a couple of podiums to boot.
    Cheers for the racing guys, was a good clean season overall.
    Hope to see the new guys going around next season.
    Cheers, Scotty
    emmo46, incey and razor4797 like this.
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    That was a good effort to get back up to second after being in 2nd last after the first turn drama. I was also affected by that and was last and already 18 seconds behind the leader by the second corner. I almost threw in the towel but thought after qualifying 4th that I might be able to catch up to some of the pack by the end. I was also aware that I had to finish close to @Bluemoon to hold him off for 5th in the championship. At that stage he was 2nd or 3rd and I was eighth which would have moved him ahead of me. I set about chasing and in the first few laps even closed the gap to the leader. After a few laps I had passed two cars up to 6th and surprisingly moon was now just 7 seconds ahead. I chased him and finally got by at about the half way mark and then set my sights on the Incey, Razor, arakasi battle about 7 seconds ahead. I started to gain but then suffered from talent deficiency and had a big lose exiting the dipper. I was now back about 7 seconds behind moon again and had imagined his grin as he passed my car sitting sideways across the track just down from the dipper. I set off after him again and for a few laps couldn't make any impression but then the gap started to come down quickly and with a couple of laps to go I was in his slip stream down Conrod. Unfortunately I got too aggressive out of some corners and dropped back a little but then closed right up on the last lap into Forest Elbow. I got a tow up to him on the final run down conrod but had to put two wheels into the grass on the right as we entered the kink into the chase. I got to the left hander about 1/2 a car in front but was on the out side and tried to stay there, not a comfortable place to be and naturally we touched and I went off onto the grass on the exit but got back on track at the apex to the right hander. Moon was right there and we touched again and I was able to lead to the last corner. It flashed through my mind that it had not been a very clean pass so I reluctantly handed the spot back at the final corner.
    I finished the race in a lather of sweat (it was damn hot here in Sydney yesterday) but really elated to have had a mostly good race and a real close battle with my buddy Moon.
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    Te_Wheke, razor4797, incey and 4 others like this.
  9. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Good racing guys. Decided to retire as was just getti ng in the way especially in the walled section. Im so off the pace considering pulling out for next season as at the moment not enjoyable at all. Will keep practising with these pedals/wheel :(
    emmo46 likes this.
  10. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    Join us for a practice session with us later this week mate, I probably won't be on again until Wednesday.
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    You will be Div 4 next season and as long as some of the new guys in your division don't get a huge mysterious injection of talent between their qualification run and the first round, you will be more competitive and can then work on moving up through the divisions. Sorry about the tap at the chase last night BTW, I thought I was clearly past you but there was a slight overlap of your front and my rear on the exit of the corner. Really sorry.
  12. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    I certainly haven't found a lot of speed emmo
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    No, but some do. ;)
  14. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    When your in a div with one or two guys of similar pace, your enjoyment will go way up mate. Next season you should find that for sure, so really hope to see you back for season 2.
    By the way, you looked like you left plenty of room anytime around traffic, so don't feel bad if guys came upon you at an awkward spot on track, that's just racing.
  15. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Cheers its just the braking - i find that each lap at same corners its unpredicatable. One lap I brake and end up going in to early, next lap I brake a smidge bit later and i find myself skidding and running off track. I'm looking at lap times from last season and not too confident of even matching pace. I'll practice hard over the next few weeks. Maybe it was just that car! :D
  16. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Thats ok - as I said was just getting in the way anyway and slowing you down :) I should have seen you coming down inside.
    emmo46 likes this.
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Judge your braking off the flashing gear selector. Brake just after it starts flashing and you should be OK. pick out a brake marker reference that coincides with the flashing and use that if that is easier.
    skintsaint likes this.
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Also play with the brake balance, if you find it hard to get into the apex push the bias towards the rear.
    skintsaint likes this.
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    If you were running the porsche un tuned it would have been a bit skittish under brakes.
    skintsaint likes this.
  20. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Cheers for the advice, I'll try it in the Mustang tonight :)