GT Sport Season 1 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 26, 2017.

1. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    Not cool @pat65.
  2. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Ok, Just checked again and service is restored.
    What waste of 2 hours!! Rubbish support!! :poop:
    Looks like I''l be on tonight :)
  3. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    Good race guys, I'm definitely my own worst enemy.
  4. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Good racing tonight, congrats to the top 5 they were above everyone else and well done to @NAACS on the race win, I know there was an incident at T1 that left @Matthyus behind but he drove well to recover and finish 8th :thumbsup:
    Next I would like to say great job on all the throwback liveries that most made tonight, they were very good.
    Onto the race...
    Qualified 6th, not a bad result was expecting to be a bit lower considering I did not practice anywhere near as much as I hoped.
    Race: Finished 7th on a no stop strategy, Had a nice scrap with @Jcp for most of the race but due to him deciding to pit and myself going into fuel conservation he managed to stream ahead once he got past. Had a couple of moments at the top of the mountain going into Skyline - spinning on the curb multiple times - if I hadn't would of most likely been closer to JCP at the end but hindsight is 20/20 I suppose.
    Jcp likes this.
  5. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    I Got It At Last :D:D:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks to everyone for a great race tonight:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Kieran_B33, Jcp, pat65 and 4 others like this.
  6. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    naacs didn't win again did he!! Jeez I wasn't expecting that!!!
    Kieran_B33 and pat65 like this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I love that your purpose on this site right now is just to comment to give it to @NAACS lol
    Kieran_B33, pat65 and Cyberstig1 like this.
  8. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Qualifying round 4
    [​IMG]

Race result round 4
    [​IMG]

Fastest laps round 4
    [​IMG]
    CAB77, Jcp and Ozglenn like this.
  9. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Interesting o_O the top two in Div 4 would have been 4th and 5th in Div 1 but only 6th and 7th in div 2.???
    Kieran_B33 and pat65 like this.
  10. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    A few race photos. Original size. Couldn't be bothered resizing them all.
    [​IMG]

Starting grid
    [​IMG]

Heavy on the brakes into Griffins bend.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The pack into Griffins first lap
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Over the top first lap
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Racing liveries. Seems that the tobacco companies are jumping on board.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    KoAStR, Ozglenn, NAACS and 3 others like this.
  11. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    More liveries.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Top 4 on lap 10.
    [​IMG]

Almost epic move at the chase lap 10
    [​IMG]

Running wide into Griffins lap 20 which cost me a podium :(
    [​IMG]

Naacs and Cab battling for victory on the last lap over the top.
    [​IMG]

Naacs overtaking Cab on Conrod, last lap for the victory after Cabs unfortunate incident at Forrest's Elbow.
    [​IMG]

The usual result. Congratulations Naacs. :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    KoAStR, Macca87AUS, incey and 7 others like this.
  12. CAB77

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    Wow what a race!! Well done to @NAACS.

I got an ok start. Had a bit of contact in the first corner with @Ozglenn but we all got through ok. Got huge pressure from @pat65 going in to turn 2. Kept the inside line so I could hold my position. From there I was able to do some clean laps. Pulled a nice gap back to 3rd while watching Naacs pull away for the first few laps. Then I started to catch Naccs so I pushed harder then of course I made a mistake going through the Esses. Saw Naacs pull away to over 8 seconds in front and Pat and Epic much closer then I ever wanted.

Then Naacs had a huge error at Mcphillamy Park. I passed him as he was trying to get back on the track. From there I did my best to lap clean. Can't remember when I pitted but Naacs followed me into the pits. I decided not to change tyres so I could get the jump on him and have a gap. I came out with almost 4 seconds lead. From there I drove the best race I have all season. I was doing low 2.05's managing the gap. Last 3 laps tyers were slowly getting worse and I started to suffer from understeer. Last lap I still had a 1 sec lead and I figured I had him covered if I could get through this lap cleanly. We caught @Tristan Jones coming out of the last part of the Esses. I wanted to try and pass him at the dipper. He made a small mistake hitting the wall which slowed him up and I didn't have time to go round managed to punt him in to the next corner. Completely a racing incident I feel all though I think I could of avoided him after looking at the reply so sorry man. This put Naacs beside me. I got a better run on to Conrod but Naacs was in my slip stream and sailed past. I tried to get on his bumper so I could pass him in the last corner but touched the grass and had a spin.

All and all a top night of racing. Enduro is going to be tough but looking forward to it.
    TheMugsy, Ozglenn, NAACS and 2 others like this.
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you were the pacman right? lol awesome
    Matthyus likes this.
  14. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Nice write up. I added a few captions to the photos. Was a really enjoyable race.
    NAACS likes this.
  15. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    For Sure!!
  16. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Well done to @NAACS once again :)
    Sounds like it was quite a night of racing up the front..

Wonderful range of Retro liveries on display and nice pictures @pat65

Qual
    Had a pretty poor Qual, but end up with 5th to my surprise. I was stoked to be up the front of the back pack, hoping to finally have a good clean race.
    Race
    Held a pretty good start, keeping things tidy and clean until T1. Those hopes were dashed at T1. A moment of over eagerness on the turn caused a rear end bump to me making me spin out dropping to last.
    From there I was playing catchup for the rest of the night.
    Luckily I played a pretty clean race catching @AroGantz & Jonesy.
    Once past them I had a really good battle with @Macca87AUS, finally getting past him and then losing the position with my only slip of the night at Mcphillamy Park.
    The battle with @Macca87AUS kept on past our Pit stop, but I eventually took him at the Chase with a 'really late' brake!! That was a tense corner!!
    Thank you @Macca87AUS for making it a race!!
    With 3 - 4 laps left and a 30s buffer to @x_gregory, I had my work cut out for me. Luckily with Macca behind me finally I could let rip and got my best laps of the night in hitting low 2.07's. I narrowed the gap to less than 4s by race end, but I think this had more to do with Greg going into fuel saving mode, instead of being my clean racing but given my night i'll take it :)

Overall, it was an OK night of racing.

Thanks to @pat65 for the host and another to @NAACS for pulling off the win.
    Macca87AUS, TheMugsy, Ozglenn and 3 others like this.
  17. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    All of the liveries looked fantastic, good job guys.
    pat65 likes this.
  18. TheMugsy

TheMugsy Rookie

PSN ID
    EpicRedRocket
    Average start to my qualy and race.
    First up in qualy - didn't get one decent lap in due to traffic, despite attempting to create a gap before crossing the start line.
    All my fault though as I should have judged it better.
    Started the race from 9th, got a good start and made 2 places into the first corner where what I perceived to be a gap turned out to be something else - as I said last night, my apologies again to @Matthyus
    Managed to get into 4th early on in the first 3rd of the race and catch up to @pat65 - very difficult to get past, had good pace and had great racing with him right up until the end when I think a little pressure caused him to make a small error that handed me the podium position.
    Overall an average night for me in most respects, looking forward to the next round.
    pat65 likes this.
  19. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I think the traffic during Qual is what threw you out. Had you been able to push your qual time to what you are able to do, the rush to move up the pack wouldn't have been as high.

Anyhow, Hands shaken and its behind us now.:thumbsup:
    Still, I'll take that beer if it's still on the cards ;)
    TheMugsy likes this.
  20. CAB77

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    Somebody say beer. I'll take 1
    TheMugsy and pat65 like this.