GT Sport Season 1 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 26, 2017.

1. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    I'll take a slab.
    TheMugsy and CAB77 like this.
  2. TheMugsy

TheMugsy Rookie

PSN ID
    EpicRedRocket
    Defo on the cards mate :thumbsup:
  3. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    To ALL ROOZ DRIVERS. Yet another post regarding driving etiquette.

As a member of the stewards team, I am privy to all of the average driving here in our league, and TBH a vast majority of incidents appear to be caused by poor spacial awareness/failure to allow racing space.

All of the current League platforms have warning arrows telling you there is another driver close, and where it is in relation to you. PCars also has the option for the pit crew chief to tell you where and when a car is near you, which I personally find very helpful. I'm not sure if these assists can be turned off, but I think maybe we need to make it a rule that they should remain on.

There have been a number of instances where if just a little room was left, the attacking driver may not necessarily be able to make the pass, but at least both drivers would be able to continue on without incident. Or maybe they may have made the pass, but been on the wrong line for the turn and lost the position again.

My next point of concern is the lax attitude some people have recently shown regarding the rule about changing lines to try break a draft/block drivers. We have had a couple of borderline instances pass through the stewards group and feel it may need to be highlighted to ensure everyone is aware of what is allowed.

Directly quoting RaceOnOz Rules and Regulations 2.0:

- A lead driver (relative to other cars in proximity) may not drastically change their line in a corner in order to prevent a car behind from passing.

- A lead driver (relative to other cars in proximity) may make one tactful change of line in approaching a corner to defend their position.

- A lead driver (relative to other cars in proximity) may not swerve from side to side at any point of the track to prevent the following car from gaining the tow.

- A lead driver (relative to other cars in proximity) must maintain a straight line when driving down a straight.

Pretty straight forward stuff.

As Stu has said many a time, this is a game, there are no sheep-stations, and a good clean battle (I think) can be just as rewarding and gratifying as a win. Some courtesy towards other drivers, a bit of common sense and a better awareness of what is going on around you will make yours and your fellow racers' night much more enjoyable, and take some of the load off the stewards for stuff that should not even be an issue.

Thankyou
  4. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    Bugga, I'm only a slim chance for this weekend.
  5. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    You guys must love Bathurst, there are some great lap times there!!
    My first race to come last...despite that I did have an amazing race, despite feeling a bit forlorn at times!
    I actually held 5th till about lap 3, but its just so easy to make the tiniest mistakes in a corner that multiply by the end of the next straight. Hope I wasn't holding anyone up!

You guys blitzed my weeks practise FL of 2:12, though 2 of the handful of Q laps were good, yielding me a new PB of 2:11. In race I got a couple of 2:10, including a 2:10.111. My first practise sessions were getting consistant 2:17 on good laps with one 2:14. So you guys must be looking at these times in another world! While I have played Bathurst before, it was V8 supercars and quite a few years ago - and I watch the big race every year, though doesn't quite give you those extra few seconds like playing it does. I only played 20 hours or so of GT5/6, how many GT's have had Bathurst? I only played monstrous hours on GT123. More practise through the week would have got me some better times, but consistancy was still the killer. Having seen the best times you all posted, I thought I would be lapped a lot quicker!

I played through mock 21 laps twice, once needing fuel at 17 laps, once at 18 laps - conserving a little just by upshifting a little early (i assume), didn't even try a different map. Didn't change tyres on the second run, and while a bit hairy I figured I could go without them if it was close - even lapped a few AI by the last couple of laps.

When it came down to the last few laps, I was only really racing for what i thought was 9th/ 10th with @AroGantz, and I figured it was in the bag, as I been watching for his pit since his 15-16 lap. When he was ahead and didn't pit on 18, I knew he had either pitted early or was using a different map - and started racing to take him, almost got there but kept making little mistakes. After looking back at my lap times, those laps with little mistakes were actually 2-3 seconds faster than my average laps pre race, cheered me up a bit! Was racing hard with blinkers on, and didn't notice @CAB77 and @NAACS coming up behind me to lap me once we started down the hill, wanted to move over but didn't know how I could in that section without losing those couple of seconds that might get me up to @AroGantz, figured I could make easy room for them on conrod. Thinking about the straight too much, I bumped the wall and @CAB77 hit me, no hard feelings, he would have been expecting me to keep racing speed, I am yet to watch the replay, but I lost more than that little amount of time by my own mistakes so am not worried. After being so nervous about letting the lappers past cleanly, I had to LOL at @CAB77 when I saw him spinning down the straight after the chase. Naacs ended up lapping me and not quite catching @AroGantz, though I thought jcprater was still behind me.

Turned out jcprater was midfield, and showing him as last was just a glitch? Meaning I was last and not just 10th :( I have had this happen in a couple of sport qualifiers, is this just an artifact of poor internet? I usually have great internet, though @Matthyus noticed me skipping over the track last race, I have since been vigilantly looking for it, haven't noticed anything else. I wonder if my partner is on facebook watching videos sporadically....

We are eligible for NBN as of yesterday, so slow internet SHOULD be redundant anyway now :) We are currently with internode, haven't had any problems with them, missus doesn't like cost of the $94/ month fastest speed NBN plan (and we need more than 100gb per month), who is everyone here with for NBN?? Do you pay $70 or less? We currently pay $69 for 200gb.

Heres to next round...endurance will test all our consistancy, and tyres will throw an interesting condition to test!

BTW, Where is the fuel count indicator? Is this part of the update?
    Hatfield likes this.
  6. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    I was behind jcp and it was saying he was last for the last 3rd of the race but fixed once he crossed the line
  7. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    @Tristan Jones, I was happily lapping with your group and in 9th until I looped it on turn 1 on lap 3, after I let Matthyus and Macca go by before returning to the track I was 15-20 seconds down so took the pit next time round in the hope of getting a couple of places when the main round of pit stops happened, it turned out I only got you but I made many mistakes while watching you coming at me (herein is my major issue, apart from being slow) and then I didn't know if it was you or Naacs closing fast, once I got over berating myself for looping it I had an enjoyable race.
  8. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I had the same issue with jc sitting last and myself being 7th, then when jc crossed the line, I dropped down to 8th. Sounds like a glitch.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    DRIVER BRIEFING : ROUND 5
    - Maggiore - 45 laps - 1800 Sunny - 3/12 (Endurance Round)

- Tuning: Allowed
    - Tyre Wear : x1
    - Tyre Regs : RH
    - Fuel Depletion : x1
    - Initial Fuel : Default
    - Qualifying regs : Open
    - Start Time : Qualifying 8:20 AEDT Race Start after one timed qualifying lap completed by the field

(Map to be added)

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : If you are mid or back of the pack, please make extra effort to slow into turn 1 and not dive-bomb into the mid pack. Giving room on both sides till you get through the first 2 tight corners will help to stop any unnecessary contact. Take extra effort to not ruin someones night in the first race of the season ;)

TRACK LIMITS
    : As we are running (at this stage) with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. A question was asked about the hairpin. 2 wheels on the ripple strip is still the rule. Please be careful at the following left right sweeper, as if you run wide on the right hander, the wall can stop you dead at a certain point.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : You are able to enter the pits as fast as you wish without being penalised (so far as we know). It is preferable that you do not cut the solid entry/exit lines and be aware of other cars when you are entering/exiting the pits.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until midnight monday night to submit a protest, and midnight Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room. Luckily in GT Sport, if one person gets the replay and shares it, all GT Sport players can view the replay in full from all points of view (however lag can show different things from different drivers replays)
  10. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    Did the tyre choice decision get overturned @Hatfield or is it still qualify/start on Rh then choose?

Also I'm hoping to be home from in time to race but I'll only have 20 minutes to get there so may not make it.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    overturned
  12. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    Bugger. I do respect your decision @Hatfield . Probably is best to leave it simple for this season, Rule changes half way through a season is hard.

I was looking forward to strategy in this race. I did some maths on tires and it was going to be quickest to do 1 lap on hards and then change to softs for the rest of the race and do 2 more stops. this is for my pace anyway. Not real quick around here. I hope for season 2 that open tyre option is available with higher rate of tire wear. Also the car feels so good on soft tyres.
    Hatfield likes this.
  13. Tristan Jones

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    I did some experimenting last night too, got a 2:00 lap on RH, then a 1:58 on RM and 1:57 on RSS. Tyre wear does feel funny, like they aren't holding as well once they wear, but then with old hot tyres i get a few purple sections. Was trying to work out the variables I need for a spreadsheet...pit time, extra pit time for fuel, extra pit time for tyres, lap time lost for reduced fuel map, lap time gained with better tyres...will be interesting to see what strategies get used, especially as it seems to be such a short pit time at this track?

The AI are very slow on a couple of specific corners? They brake hard for the second half of the fast esses after the fast hairpin towards the end of the track.
  14. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    No worries.
  15. CAB77

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    So who is showing up this Sunday?? Long race the more cars on the field the more fun it will be.

Also was thinking those that don't want to sit in silence during the race was going to start up my own party chat where talking and gear changes are allowed. Long race and I'll need something to keep me occupied lol.
    Matthyus, Ozglenn and Tristan Jones like this.
  16. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    As mentioned yesterday in hoping to be there and I'll join your chat mate.
    CAB77 likes this.
  17. Tristan Jones

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Ill be there sunday, be good to join in a chat
    CAB77 likes this.
  18. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    Sounds good Cab count me in
    CAB77 likes this.
  19. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I'll be on for sure.
    Feels odd to not have talking when playing :)
    CAB77 likes this.
  20. CAB77

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    Some people don't like the distraction which I completely understand. I just want to give people the option as it's a long race and I know I'll get bored.