GT Sport Season 12 Car Vote Preliminaries

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, May 25, 2020.

?

Season 12 Preliminary Car Vote - Top 5 going through to final round (multiple selections allowed)

Poll closed Jun 4, 2020.
  1. Mazda Roadster Touring Car

50.0%
  2. Lexus LC500 2017

17.9%
  3. Nissan Motul Autech GT-R 2016

39.3%
  4. Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG 4Matic 2013

10.7%
  5. Aston Martin DBR9 GT1 2010

42.9%
  6. Ford GT40 Mark I 1966

25.0%
  7. Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Junior 2014

26.8%
  8. RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7

33.9%
  9. Mini Cooper 'S' 1965

17.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    IMO slower cars generate much better racing. In the higher powered cars I'm too busy trying to control the damn thing to race in close quarters with someone, the risk of me crashing into someone goes up exponentially with the cars power. But I'm just a mug jumping in cars that are far too powerful for my skills and trying to drive them on the absolute limit, and that's just the slow cars haha.

I won't be racing if the GR2 car wins
    Apex_64 likes this.
  2. Mightymurph51

Mightymurph51 Rookie

Well put! That's literally been my whole thinking and philosophy since I joined Rooz, It's all well and good having cars with power of 600+HP etc but like you say you are to busy keeping it on track and straight to even think about. racing someone. The racing aspect I feel is the most important. Cars with lower HP, and grip are just easier and allow people to focus on the racing and battle aspect, which logically should create a more enjoyable experience for everyone and should make the field closer
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I won't be racing GR2 cars either, I still shudder when I think about S2.
    Matthyus likes this.
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    We all know what happened last time I said running a Gr.2 car would be good... :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
  5. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Regardless of car, for the sprint round I'd suggest race 2 be longer than race 1 and reverse grid (e.g. Race 1 ~15 minutes, race 2 ~30 minutes).
  6. Dazza83

Dazza83 Rookie

Have you even tried the GTR, so easy to drive the things on rails, one of the reasons I put it up there. Hell I even did a few fun laps on it yesturday on the controller and had no issues.. must admit though if a slow car wins I.ll be skipping the season.

Maybe we should go back to the admins/gold member picking the season, everyone having there say is looking messy and disastrous.

Another idea have each teams groups brainstorm for 1 week they all pitch in on car, rules and tracks and we vote for the best 1 there.
    THE_UNDER_STUDY and VARDZ like this.
  7. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    How is this system messy or disastrous? The wider community have all pitched ideas and then we vote for the car we want. Well organized chaos would fit better lol
  8. Mightymurph51

Mightymurph51 Rookie

what is your concern or issue with a slower car? Just intrigued? I mean just like you said to emmo have you driven it?
  9. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    I feel sorry for the admins here lol. People complain that they only get certain cars for choice when they put two options up - when they put it out for everyone to have an input - it's called messy lol. And the sad thing is, I put up my opinion, and it's likely to be made fun or told I'm wrong in some aspect... I'm pretty thick skinned so it wont bother me lol.

I think the main thing I like to think about this group and the guys I race with - we're here to race, but also here to have some fun. In My opinion there are a few good choices up there for us to have a vote for, and whatever is chosen is the car for the season - we all get the same car, all have the same challenges and limits. It is what it is.

Good luck everyone :) Be happy, don't mock each other, lets try to get a long :thumbsup:
  10. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Testing the cars by yourself isn't really going to give a feel for the in race experience. A car that is great fun to drive for hotlaps might be a bastard to do hotlaps beside or right behind someone else. The top five weekly race should be a good way to see how they handle in a crowd
  11. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Did a few runs last night and to attain the 40% race distance on a full tank or just under in a couple of cases X's 6 fuel would be about right. This was the case in both the Gr2 GT-R and the Mazda Roadster TC at 130% power. Will work more on fuel tonight as well as tire wear, X's 5 was where I was at and seemed like a decent drop off on the RS
    UrsineSaturn9 and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  12. Dazza83

Dazza83 Rookie

Just personally don't find them fun. Going around a track 30/40 secs slower with crap brakes, no grip and poor sense off speed isn't racing :)

I could be wrong but recon with this format might see the lowest attendance in a while. Time will tell I guess. As more time goes on recon more arguments will happen
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
  13. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    We had a GR2 Lexus season in S3 of GT Sport. The cars were lightning fast, but dirty air was atrocious. Racing side by side was almost impossiblr due to random snap oversteer and unpredictable sledge understeer. The tyres would fall off the worlds largest cliff within 1 corner and field spread made F1 look like a full field race.

The most enjoyable season I've participated in was the N300 SFR Racing Concept season.
  14. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yeah, all that but was fast ;)
  15. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    The dirty air model in this game makes it all but impossible to race closely in Gr2 and above cars. For anyone who thinks I'm just rubbishing the idea for the sake of it, check out @MINT_GTR Twitch channel, Mattsimmons08 and have a look at last night's stream doing daily race C, even on massively fresher tires, he struggled big time to overtake a car that was already slower than him and it took a big mistake to get it done. Seasons before as well as community events have proven time and time again that low power racing is some of the best on offer. It's why the Mazda TC is so damn good popular and for s lot of us it's why Tittsup was so much fun!

To say low hp cars around a track isn't racing is just simply naive. I'd like to see anyone in here try and have a 2 hour race at any track in the game in a Gr2 car and finish the top 5 within 5 seconds. Spoiler alert, it won't happen.
    Apex_64 and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  16. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Messy and disastrous where? We’ve been picking seasons like this since the caveman discovered fire.
    Everyone’s being friendly and we’re getting our opinions out which is good cause a repeat of the current season would probably effect future numbers :poop:

Your second alternative is no different to what we’re doing now, it just means someone has to babysit everyone in a PM and read their suggestions which is what we have moderators for out in the open :whistling:
  17. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Low power racing will help people too, I feel there’s more protests than ever with average driving so a bit of momentum based racing should help sharpen the skill set
  18. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Regardless of the car, I'll be racing
    Matthyus, JonoStan96, incey and 3 others like this.
  19. Dazza83

Dazza83 Rookie

Can you not change slipstream effect to high. Instead of real on faster cars?? Fixing the not passing issue.
  20. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    My comments:

Lexus LC500 2017
    (SM/SS) tyres x4, fuel x6

Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Junior 2014.
    (RM/RS), tyres x4-6, fuel x2-4

GT40,
    (SS & SM) probably tyres x4 and fuel x4

RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7, tyres
    (CH & CM) 2x, fuel x6

My pick would be the GTRB X2014, would be quite neutral & great racing.

I'd be happy with anything though, even the Mini!
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.