GT Sport Season 6 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 24, 2019.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Far too many errors cost me a podium today which is disappointing but happy to finish 4th after surviving the chaos of the midfield. Wish I practiced instead of spending all day driving around Bathurst trying to BOP the Gr.4 event.

Mentioned it in the lobby chat but I think we do need to introduce new policies in regards to room resets.
    Russell likes this.
  2. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Oh lordy. The 2 spins on the first lap didnt hurt to much. But I didn't even think about the stratergy. All I did was drive until she said she was thirsty. Oh you want a drink car, I will pit. Lol. When I pitted and I was the only one, I knew I was in trouble. It hit me like a light bulb, everyone is only saving half a lap fuel each stint. All of a sudden I have to make 6 laps or pit again. I just had a chuckle to myself and turned it fuel down to 6 and started going backwards. I should of just ran full power and pitted again. A record amount of complaining from me this season. Which I topped off with a amazing run of points lol. One season it's going to be clock work for me. Hopefully next. Lol. even though I had a shocker of a season, I still had a lot of fun.
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  3. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    That's evil
  4. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    After seeing the fastest laps and overall finishing times for last nights race, It would have been a solid last for me. So I'm not too peeved in missing it. But i still would have enjoyed to be there.
    Even having a completely clear track would have not helped me. You guys are rockets around The Nords. Very impressive.

This track I did a fair amount of practice before my time restraints kicked in a couple weeks ago as i knew it would be my most weakest. I did many test sessions. Even did 4 sessions on a day i was unwell and stayed home from work. So i got pretty comfortable with the track. My consistency was solid but i knew areas i could improve slightly on. I knew what times i was capable of on hards, RSS and RS. I had good insight of what a perfect overall race time would be for me if everything went the right way and i was involved with no fights or track battles.

But it looks like there is far far more for me to learn here. As even my best efforts on a clear track were not going to be good enough for div ones second attempt at the race. Very well done to all who participated in the final showdown at a very difficult track.

Overall i think i had an oustanding start to the season. Eclipsing my own expectations. I worked very very hard to squeeze as much out of the car and myself as i could in both the test season and the actual season. I'm proud i was able to mix it with the best and i even managed to score a podium! Wowee! I had some fantastic battles throughout the season.

Keeping up that level of competitiveness is something i unfortunately couldn't commit to as i found out 3/4 into the season. The amount of practice i needed to stay competitive is/was no longer feesible in my new work schedule.

I will continue to race, as i love to race and that feeling you get hitting the perfect line or attacking or defending from someone is unmatched. Just maybe a little slower and less finesse now.

Congrats to flawless season to @KeedenMcdonald a brilliant 2nd to @Bryan_F and a fantastic late charge by @ssman244 who i think scored 3rd overall?

Big thanks to all the hosts we've had even if some nights got a little messy. Big thanks to @Hatfield for all the organising he does and @Matthyus for all the amazing stats and charts.

Cheers everyone. Heres looking to the next season and more fun!
    Apex_64, Russell, ssman244 and 4 others like this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    See you in Season 7
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    After trying to sort out rooms etc to get people in we still ended up starting late despite not having to run qually!
    When we did get started, I found I had my options set to auto instead of manual that was me done. Not being able to select the gear I want would've sapped what pace I could muster and potentially hinder those behind so I just dropped out. Gutted that my own pre-race mistake cost me a good possible race.
    LennonLegend1993 and Noxrai like this.
  7. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Thank you to everyone for your attendance during Season 6 of GT Sport!

Congratulations to @KeedenMcdonald on another championship in the top division, we can only hope more of us can rise to challenge you!

Big thanks to our room hosts and captains @Bryan_F @JonoStan96 and to @Matthyus for his great work on the tables.

Be sure to get your name down for Season 7 (and vote for your favorite car) and the 2 test races to help with your vote if that interests you:
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gt-sport-season-7-entry-thread.3622/
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gt-sport-season-7-car-vote.3625/
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gt-sport-zonda-r-test-race-14-4.3623/
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gt-sport-ef7-test-race-21-4.3624/

Us mods will have to sort out the prize draw in the coming weeks too so keep an eye out for that
  8. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    After seeing the fastest laps and overall finishing times for last nights race, It would have been a solid last for me.

I doubt that. I didn't beat my RH tire time fuel saving on RS lol
    Noxrai likes this.
  9. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    My best on RS was an 8.42. So yeah I'm a true turtle at the green hell apparently.
  10. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Noxrai - Sponsored by Actual Turtles on the Beach
  11. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    [​IMG]
    razor4797 likes this.
  12. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    I’m also uploading the Round 6 race, my mates and I have been enjoying watching the demo 1 coverage, hopefully josh can get around to covering the replays. If not, I know what being busy is like, it’d be all good :thumbsup:
    JonoStan96, Noxrai and Hatfield like this.
  13. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Cracker race Risky :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:.
    To be basically 1sec a lap behind Beau at Nurb (his best track in comparison to others I think) is frigging :ninja::ninja::ninja:.
    If your voice doesn't drop soon, will be suspicious you are already :alien:.
  14. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Haha thanks mate, guess I never saw the race like that lol.
    Apex_64 and Noxrai like this.
  15. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Yeah much as you would of been bored you had a really good run to pull that gap to 3rd, congrats on that P2 man definitely well deserved :)
    Noxrai, Hatfield, Easyprey007 and 2 others like this.
  16. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Yeah, even though about 5 of us held 3rd at some point in that race, we had nothing to respond to you guys, real impressive risky :thumbsup:
    Noxrai and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  17. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    you finally put an entire race together!
    JonoStan96, Noxrai and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  18. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    And it was the hardest track for the longest time. Guess I like Nurb
    Noxrai likes this.