GT Sport Season 9 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 9, 2019.

1. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    ?????????????????????
  2. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    Don’t worry about it
  3. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    And people who dont show up get a 20 second penalty In this season league
    JonoStan96 and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  4. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    xlxy90 likes this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    In addition to this, the WET series runs endurance races throughout the year if that interests you.

I would also like to point out some other community events in the works:
    I am hosting a grand tour fun night in early January with limited spots
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gauging-interest-grand-tour-fun-night.3844/
    and
    a thursday night series is gauging interest if you are looking for that mid-week racing fix
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.ph...st-raceonoz-premier-series-trial-series.3853/
  6. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    NOTE: The requirement to start the race on the tire used to qualify means the pit will be closed for qualifying. There will be no point for pole position so as not to penalize those starting on RM.
  7. LE_bananajosh

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    That’s fine for me
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 1: Sardegna A - 26 laps - 13:10 Sunny - 27/10
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 9!! Thanks to Selby Acoustics
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT for 10 mins. Once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track. THE PITS ARE CLOSED DURING QUALIFYING
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT (once qualifying has finished)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    At the exit of T15 it is permitted to run completely over the white line prior to the grass if needing to leave room to run side by side through T15.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.

TYRES : Racing Softs and Mediums (must use both compounds separately at least once each)

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching down the straight. IF SOMEONE IS IN THE PITS, BE CAREFUL OF RUNNING OVER THE PIT EXIT because if they are released, they will be unable to avoid you
    NOTE: Pitting is COMPULSORY

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARTY CHAT : With the new party chat feature able to hold up to 16 participants, each division will have an open party chat for those that wish to use it. We recommend this especially to new drivers as they may ask questions about how the night is run or to clarify anything they are not confident on.

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Enzo is still home!
    LE_bananajosh and Russell like this.
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    horrible race for me
    started out ok, hitting a new pb and starting on softs.
    got a good start and got through the T1 drama, but then started to fall back as my pace was not up to scratch
    @xlxy90 caught me napping into the 2nd last turn and then I completely ballsed up T1 and T-boned him, luckily not off the track.

At the end, had an awesome 4 car battle with @razor4797 @Russell @Pubs16 but hit the wall at the exit of 2nd last turn twice and only beat @Kephin_07 as he ran out of fuel near the line

We will probably have to sort out some guys to drop down to div 2 next round, with @Bryan_F @MINT_GTR @FSR_DB007 hopefully making this seasons debut
  11. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Tough but fun race for me. Started 5th. After T1 and by the end of the first lap I was back to 12th. It would of been nice to have had a decent crack at the podium, Oh well. Still haven't watched the replay. I chewed my softs battling back through into the mid pack and there I stayed. It turned out to be a really fun race still. Not a moment's rest from the start. From the start of the 2nd stint the race for 7th was on haha. I had a sick battle with Hatfield razor and Pubs. I was hanging on to 7th at the end of it, but Pubs go me in the last corner on the last lap to take 7th. I finished 8th
    Congratulations Keeden and podium
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    Apex_64, Noxrai, Hatfield and 4 others like this.
  12. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    That was a bit of fun. Nailed my quali with a fluke PB lap only to see @groover33 had gone even faster. Started off P3 and got jumped by @apex2691 to kick off a race long tussle for P3. Nearly got cleaned up at Turn 1 thanks to some bang average driving further back. I started on the Softs which ended up being the wrong strategy but had some fun dicing throughout to finish P4 as @xlxy90 came through with mega speed and the right strategy.
  13. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    That could have gone a lot better. I was hoping to be fighting with keeden for 25 points but T1 happened and I was on the back foot all night.

Strategy worked well being able to use the softs at the end but I took a bit too much fun out of them while catching Apex and Viper yo be able to reel in Grooved afterwards.

Gg keeden, I'll have you next race.
  14. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I'll like to see this :)
    Russell and Noxrai like this.
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  16. LE_bananajosh

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    Not happy with that results. Got good qualify but Lap 2 I made a mistake at T1
  17. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    :roflmao::roflmao:

You had decent speed and a great recovery :thumbsup:, but:roflmao:

That's a good one:thumbsup:
    Noxrai and Apex_64 like this.
  18. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Congratulations to Keeden :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:, Groover :thumbsup::thumbsup: & xlxy :thumbsup:.
    Well at least I saw Keeden's livery on the grid :)
    Groover I tried like hell to hang on to your slippy but you just drove away from me.
    Viper, Grcn mate, was awesome to spend a whole race within 1 sec of another driver, was a great battle, your race craft won the battle. Sorry about the kiss to your rear end, I wasn't even trying to overtake, I just stuffed it.
    xlxy I have called Captain Risky about the insurance claim for the panel damage on my left rear ;)
    Btw I have no idea what I was doing up the front :confused:
    Viperzed, groover33, Matthyus and 2 others like this.
  19. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    No problems at all mate, was a fantastic scrap :thumbsup:
    Apex_64 likes this.
  20. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    Had a good Qualy lap which put me in P2 and with my starts being almost perfect lately I had a good jump on keeden down to the first corner. I was going to try keep first place but didnt want to bin it trying.
    Once keeden got back in front I just wanted to stay with him for as long as possible and use the slipstream to get away from the rest of the field. It worked for a bit until he got to far away and then I had Apex and Viper to close behind me which put the pressure on me. It wasn't long before I found my groove and started to pull a comfy gap.
    Once I pitted and put the mediums on I just pushed on like the softs as I can't feel the difference between them until near the end with 5 laps to go I could see xlxy90 starting to pull me in, I just had to keep cool not to make mistakes and it was going to be close until he made a small mistake on the second last lap which give me breathing room to bring home 2nd place. My PB in Div 1 so it felt like a win to me haha. WD keeden, to quick and to xlxy, apex and Viper for the close race
    Apex_64, Noxrai, Matthyus and 2 others like this.