PCARS GT3 Challenge (Class A)

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Ad2mny, May 28, 2015.

1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the first ever Project Cars Event on ROOZ, the GT3 Challenge. A short championship to get the ball rolling, but will hopefully be trouble free and everything we have all been hoping for.

Firstly I'll get the important stuff out of the way.

Rules and Regulations.
    Most of the rules applying to the Sunday leagues on GT6 can be adapted and adopted here in Project Cars. Here are some links for the new guys to have a look at and regulars to get them fresh in their minds:

http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/racing-rules-regulations.70/
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/the-good-racecraft-guide-rooz-racing-ettiquette.419/

Just to be certain that there is no misunderstanding, I will outline a few of the most IMPORTANT rules to ensure everyone has an enjoyable race.

1. If you cause a driver to spin/leave the track, you must redress immediately by waiting for the driver to recover and rejoin ahead of you. Do not jam on your brakes and stop in the middle of the circuit, you must wait in a safe positon out of traffic so as not to cause another incident. If the incident is not redressed straight away, a post race time penalty will be applied, starting at 30 seconds but can be raised at the room captain's discretion. This leads us nicely onto...

2. Protests. If you feel you have been wronged by another driver, or that they are not driving properly within the track boundaries, do not explode in a tyrade of profanities over the mic. Nor should you go looking for revenge. At the end of the event, ensure you save your replay and send a private message (PM) to the room host/captain. Do not accuse/abuse the offending driver in the forum threads. Rest assured that the matter will be dealt with in the fairest possible by the captains/host/moderators. A proceedure is in place for these matters so there is no point making matters worse by creating 'drama' in the forum.

3. The track limits are in most cases fairly well marked. The general rule is 2 wheels must be inside the white line on the track edge/on the ripple strips. Any advantage gained from exceeding these limits must be nullified or post race penalties will be applied. The in game penalty system so far has only been tested to a small extent, and by the looks of it it is a 3 strike system over the entirety of the event. Any more than 3 track cutting incidents - be they in practice, qualifying or the race - may result in a drive through, a heavy time penalty or DSQ. As you may have read, there seems to be some glitches with the in game system, so your best bet would be to just avoid cutting the track as much as possible to avoid any penalties.

4. Mic ettiquette. Abusive language, racism, bullying, threats or just generally causing a nuisance over the mics will not be tolerated and will result in heavy penalties ranging from - at the low end, DSQ from 1 or more events/banning mic use in ROOZ events to - at the most extreme end, banning from all ROOZ related events/the ROOZ forum and reported to PSN. Everyone likes a good laugh over the mics and it's in a guys nature to have a friendly dig at his mates. There is a very fine line between that and cyber bullying and depending on the extent of the offense, you may receive no warning before a penalty is put into effect.

Also regarding mics, during qualification and racing, voice chat should be kept to the bare minimum, and if possible, the mic turned off. It can be very distracting to the other drivers if someone is groaning or sighing or has other loud noises coming through their mic. Finally please refrain from turning your mic back on until all drivers have finished and the final results screen is displayed.

We have come here (ROOZ) looking for a place for clean, fair and competitive racing. If we liked being rammed off the circuit, the open lobbies will more often than not cater to that desire. However, for the system to work, you must drive how you expect others to drive. Keep it clean and fair guys.

So now onto the good stuff

ROOM HOST: GiantSlayer_48 (Back Up-SickSkillz)
    ROOM CAPTAIN:

Ensure you have both the Host and Backup host on your friends list or they will not be able to invite you into the private lobby.

Tracks:
    Nurburgring GP - 16 laps (29-05)
    Donington GP - 22 laps (05-06)
    Monza GP - 18 laps (12-06)
    Bathurst - 15 laps (19-06)
    Spa-Francochamps - 30 laps (enduro Day/Night transition) (26-06)

DRIVERS:

GiantSlayer_48 Z4 QUASOL #50
    Slambobagan RUF RUF #
    fastboysmith RUF RUF #72
    X-WTF_MAN-X R8 NO REGRET #29
    CobMcCool Aston Martin FROWDEX #55
    SickSkillz Z4 QUASOL #78
    SirNige Mclaren VON RYAN #
    vh_mik Mclaren HEXIS #2
    groover33 R8 NO REGRET #4
    Noxrai Mclaren ART RACING #12
    crunch630 R8 AFANASYEV RACING #96
    thebigRAGOO_14 BENTLEY #8
    finchy MCLAREN #60
    jc1186 ? #?

(Please note: having almost full lobbies, if we get an influx of new members during the championship, I the organiser reserve the right to shuffle drivers around and possibly create a third class to accomodate everyone. We will do our best to keep the championship positions if this were to occur.)

Any questions shoot them at me. Hatfield has kindly agreed to handle the championship tables which will most likely be kept updated here in the OP.

Good Luck everyone!!
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
    Giant slayer likes this.
  2. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
  3. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
  4. Giant slayer

Giant slayer Professional

PSN ID
    GiantSlayer_48
    Okay I have some friends request out to everyone in room 1 to those who I do not have on my list already
    As well as some strange reason I cannot receive messages or invite on my PS4 i'll look into it and so far there is no solution so I suggest any messages prior to the race go through here as I will keep a close eye on the forum before the race starts
    Last edited: May 29, 2015
  5. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Friend request dont matter as long as everyone is friends with someone as we can all invite once we are in
    SuiCid3 and Footlong_warrior like this.
  6. Footlong_warrior

Footlong_warrior Team Driver

PSN ID
    Footlong_Warrior twoinch_inya
    good luck tonight boys
  7. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Had a quick run last night...struggling for set up at Nurburgring! Aston seems to be a bit knife edge at this track. Hopefully I'll stumble onto it in the few minutes practice I'll get before the race tonight!
    That last chicane is tricky, so easy to go that touch deep and then you're off.
  8. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    The Classes have been split into 3 to accomodate for more numbers. Some of yuou will be shifted down to Class B. The room host for Class A will remain the same. You will be notified by 7pm of any changes so keep an eye out.
  9. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    The race is quickly approaching. Please ensure you all have your lobby host on your friends list.

Good Luck!!
  10. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Where is our host
  11. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Forgot to take a picture of the whole final position but it went something like this
    1. Giant
    2.Fastboy
    3.Cob
    4.Sir Nige?
    5.Slambo?
    6.Noxrai (game app crashed)
    7.WTF MAN ( Ended on roof at final turn lap 3)
    8.Sickskills(DNS)
    9.VH_mik (DNS)
    Pole: Fastboy 1:55.9
  12. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Well my race sucked, first lap I made a good start untill turn 3 did the over under and had position for the next corner but got tagged and almost spun taking fastboy with me.
    After that made mistakes trying to catch up took out giant so waited for him. Had to pump out some quick laps to catch him back and cob, made some good passes on them but next lap rear tyres 1 at a time go into the red, still pushing hard, I made several mistakes under brakes the rear end just wanted to swap ends at every turn, way way behind now and race was over but hey still came 5th,
    Next time just stick with class A and B, more in the room the more fun
  13. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    You lost nearly half your room to DNS and dsc's by look of it, and I'm sure we'll get more over the next few weeks.

You've really gotta nurse your tyres. If you push them too hard they do wear fast. In class c, the front runners shot off like a bull at the gate but cause they pushed so hard they fell back again. Some things to consider...
  14. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    Dam I missed the first race i didnt think it was on so soon and didnt realize it was on a Friday night.
    The last time I checked I thought it was still weeks away
  15. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    And what time are the races on on Friday nights
  16. Giant slayer

Giant slayer Professional

PSN ID
    GiantSlayer_48
    8PM EST Friday night at Donnington Park
  17. Ad2mny