GT6 Division 1 Season 8

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 12, 2016.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    New lobby open. Do not go out on track, stay in pits.
    TDZdave likes this.
  2. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    (Prior to any steward interaction)
    So can we confirm that the Warrior-Stigs 2nd place equilibrium is indeed a confirmed as fact yet?
    warrior2167 and JonoStan96 like this.
  3. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Pole/FL: Nicko
    DSC: Wtfman
    Lap 6 1:41.909
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  4. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Stoked with that result. Pole/win/FL is exactly what I needed at this point of the championship to further close the gap to Warrior with only 1 round to go. Came into this race knowing my pace was fairly strong and knowing Nurburgring is a strong point of mine I knew I needed to capitalise.
    Qualifying went well, nailing an early P1 with a 40.0, pitted immediately after and shortly dipped down to a 39.7, securing me pole position. Onto the race then and got a good start, gaining an early lead on Jono and Warrior and from here on just focused on pulling as much of a gap as I could. By the pit stop I had 9s or so which gave me a good buffer to do an undercut, came out 11s or so in front. Kept my laps clean to the finish ending with a 19s victory and a tidy trifecta.

Congrats to Jono on his second place finish, and Warrior on rounding out podium. Jono, I know the feeling of having Warrior breathing down your neck lap after lap - it's not easy!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Quick calculation of championship standings after current drop rounds has Warrior on 111, me 105 and Jono 95 - will be an interesting finale for sure! Cheers all. :)
    Mad94d, warrior2167, MINT_GTR and 3 others like this.
  5. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    By far and away my most hard earned 2nd place ever. 25 laps of relentless attack from the best driver in the country had me sweating buckets.

I couldn't believe I lined up 2nd with a poor lap, my shot at pole was hampered when Mint lost it out of the chicane and I hit him gearing up for my hot lap. On dirty tyres I lost half a second in S1, but disappointingly if I hadn't have lost that first sector I could have had pole by the skinniest of margins.

I didn't get the best getaway which allowed Nicko to cover the inside but it also meant I was unable to mount a challenge from around the outside as Warrior was there. We merged into one and and as a result Warrior and I went very deep. Nicko sprinted away, rather disheartingly as I knew I had no chance of winning now. The gap between the three of us was fairly stagnant, until I began to struggle with wear. Warrior would join the battle, and soon enough we were trading paint! It was bloody tense, neither of us were letting up, as proven by us nearly entering the pits side by side!

The stop gave me a bit of breathing space, but of course I made a meal of the Schumacher S (where I usually pulled out a gap) and he was on me once again. Nicko was long gone and was surely cruising by now. I felt much more comfortable on the new tyres, but still Warrior would take chunks out of me at turn 1, eliminating any gap I might have had. In the latter stages it was very much was push and shove between us, side by side through the final chicane and final corner, I was loving it! It really was white knuckle racing, and I was desperate to win the fight.

Final lap, and warrior makes one last gasp dive into turn 1, pulls it off but graciously waves me back through, believing it to be unfair. I was pretty surprised, I felt I chopped him but I went for it. It was a fantastic battle and will make for awesome viewing on the replay. Well done Nicko on another dominant victory, and to StigsTC on the 1B win. But, many many thanks must go to @MINT_GTR for having one final race us, it was a real privilege.

I can hardly wait for Le Mans, while I've accepted defeat, it doesn't mean I'm not going to try and end the season on a high note, it's going to be awesome.

Cheers, Jono.
  6. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Predicted you would win @AUSnicko9 , we should practice together more often ;)
    AUSnicko9 likes this.
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    If Nicho can do that again next week he will be the first new div 1 champion since the Romans left England.
    Peter Wise likes this.
  8. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    That's my goal mate - will be racking up the mileage at Le Mans before next week. However I wouldn't expect any different from Warrior - it will be a great battle. :)
  9. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Stigs and Bryan are locked in battlle for the 1B championship. Stig needs a the win and FL with Bryan in 3rd.
  10. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Congrats Nick, superb win last night. 1 round to go and may the best man win.

Kind of dissapointed with the result because I knew I war on par with nick here and I could have secured the championship with a win. Someone *cough* stigstc should not have said anything because that was the worst qualifying I have every done. I caught traffic, spun, crashed into Mint and ultimately ruined my final lap by taking too much kerb.

Starting 3rd I knew I had to pass Jono asap, had a good run on the outside from the start but just couldn't get it done. Little did I know that from this point I was going to be ivolved in one of the best battles with Jono. Already though by lap 5 I knew the win was gone so I had to changd my strategy. I had to get 2nd with fasted lap and since Jono was the host there's no way I could undercut him and still get the fastest lap, so it had to be a later stop.

On lap 13 I saw my chance when Jono made an error into the chicane, we were side by side both trying to get into the pits, I had the inside but couldn't push the entry and swipe Jono into the pitwall so he got in first. Resuming our battle in the 2nd stint just wasn't able to get close enough to make a clean move. My usual rule is to not go for the pass even if theres minimal contact. Therefore a couple of times I had to ease off and not gain advantage. We both kept at it to the finsh, well done to Jono because the was really fun.
    AUSnicko9, Hatfield, StigsTC and 3 others like this.
  11. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Sorry man, I never intended to create the equilibrium/curse but it sure as heck is real.
    Its the only thing that can give me a shot at beating Bryan, as he's been too fast all season, need some cosmic intervention to stand a shot really.
    Still not sure how I ended up with FL in 1B despite having worse pace than everyone else but I won't say no! LeMans shall be quite an interesting event, looking forward to it.
  12. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Fifth place flattered my true performance. I'm quite upset at myself that, for the second race in succession, I have squandered very solid starting positions with too many mistakes in the early phase of the race. I guess my inexperience in Division 1 is showing...
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Who can win overall division 1?
    @warrior2167
    @AUSnicko9

& how?
    Warrior can win by either placing first, or placing second with a bonus point for FL or pole (if nicko wins with the other bonus point)
    Nicko can win by placing first (with both bonus points if warrior places second)
    or by placing second (with both bonus points if warrior places third or less)

Who can win division 1A?
    @warrior2167
    @AUSnicko9

& how?
    With drop round, both drivers are separated by a point. So either driver needs to only beat the other.
    Due to drop round, warrior will at least get points for a third position so nicko needs to beat warrior and finish at least third with a bonus point.

Who can win division 1B?
    @Bryan_F
    @StigsTC

& how?
    Bryan needs at least second even if stigs finishes first with both bonus points
    Stigs needs to finish first with a bonus point (if bryan places second with the other bonus point)
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
    JonoStan96, AUSnicko9 and REVO_Bryan like this.
  15. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    Sorry guys, with the Grand Prix being red flagged and all I couldn't make it! :(
    Apologies for being so shaky and not on the forums much :( Year 12 has struck hard! I may be not partaking in S9, but we will see how things go. If it is a good car I will see what I can do!

Looking forward to the final round in the very sour region of Lemons. (LeMans)!!!!!
  16. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I wish I was a part of that fight, I don't think Div 1 has ever had a 3 way fight heading into the last round. Still it's been an awesome season and I'll be sad to see the 908 go.
    TDZdave likes this.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    unfortunately you fall 5 points short from being in contention
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I know :(
    I thought my results might have put me higher but it's not to be. It's just weird seeing 1st and 3rd in contention but not 2nd place!

Next season though I'll aim to be higher :)
    TDZdave likes this.
  19. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Campaigning to kill the drop round next season? ;)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Haha nah the drop round is good.
    TDZdave likes this.