GT5 GWES Round 4 PIT STOP & TYRE REG POLL (POLL NOW CLOSED)* & ENTRY LIST

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by SEIDO463, Nov 7, 2011.

1. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    On to the next round!

To all ROOZ drivers, can let me know on this thread if you will be entering round 4.
    Please take note of the adjusted reg's.

Thanks!

Round 4. 280 kms of Circuit De Spa (40 laps)
    Date: Sunday 20/11/2011
    Practice: 2:30pm EDT
    Qualy: 3:00pm EDT
    Race: 3:30pm EDT
    Weather: ON
    Damage: Heavy
    BHP: 522
    Weight: 1170 Kg
    Tyres: Div.1. RH. Div.2. RM Div.3. RS
    Mandatory Pit Stops: 0
    Eligible Car List for race cars that qualify.*
    [​IMG]
    Entry List
    1. SEIDO463 (RM)
    2. Floodsim (RH)
    3. KILLADRIFT (RS)
    4. Aza2672 (RS)
    5. Bonus 888 (RM)
    6. MrB52 (RM)
    7. Pagone41 (RH)
    8. M1K1_D (RM)
  2. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Have any of you got some lap times yet?

I did a few laps the other day with a few cars. I'll put up my times today or tomorrow.
  3. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    You're keen Seido.. I most likely won't do any practice until the day before. Put me on the entry list though.

I'm happy with mandatory 2 pitstops. As for the tyre regs I guess I would have to do some practice before I voted on that. I think it was the layout of SSR5 that hurt me last round; it may not be as big a disadvantage at Spa.
  4. KILLADRIFT

KILLADRIFT New Recruit

Im in for this one... gutted i missed the last one, was just way to hungover to deal with life haha
  5. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Thanks guys.

For those usually running on RS or RH, can you run some laps on RMs and put up your times here?

Cheers.
  6. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    I've tested 3 cars so far. Just quickly with a little pre run tune and only one timed lap on RMs.
    Dry weather. TC and ABS off. Cockpit cam.

FTO Super Touring Car 2:20.9
    GT-R N24 2:24.0
    GT-R R33 Touring Car 2:22.9
  7. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    The Yellow 85 Vette Will be there mate I've really enjoyed this series
  8. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Sorry seido, I have a mates housewarming party on Saturday so I can't make it. I was looking forward to running on the same tyres as everyone too.
  9. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

I'm in and might have a special guest appearance from a m8 ive raced with for years MrB52, he interested if time and date suits. Ill send him this info tonight and see if he wants in. He is about the same if not better than me so he would be on Div 2 restrictions.
  10. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

I picked 2 mandatory pit stops. 3 is probably the norm and no one will do 4 I think without testing it yet though. 2 stops means 2 stints of 13 and 1 @ 14, this would be pushing the tires to the limit. 3 stops is 10 laps per stint and should be the norm for most drivers even the tire pushers. 4 stops is just too easy on tires @ 8 laps per stint and no one will be doing the 6 laps less on old tires than a 3 stopper and loose all that pit time for it. So the 2 significant choices that can make it a win or loose strategy are the 2 pit or 3 pit one, and making It mandatory 3 pit eliminates any strategy and we will all be on the same one.
    Now i haven't done any testing so 13 and 14 laps might not be possible but i'll try and do some tonight and check. I just like the idea of someone pushing their tires and the pitters catching them in the dying laps makes for an interesting finish.
  11. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Yea, 2 stops would be interesting for sure. I still haven't done a long test run yet. Will be interesting to see how the tyres hold up and it also depends on a particular car.

I ran a few laps last night in the CLK-LM '98 and got a 2:16.6 but if it rains I think I'll be having trouble to keep pace consistently against other drivers in any rear wheel drive car... oh well see what happens..
  12. Pagone41

Pagone41 New Recruit

G'day Seido, seems like a great fun race! If there's a spot on the grid for me, I'd be glad to take part.
    Cheers
  13. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    How's it going? You're now on the list. I remember you replied saying that you wanted to join the first race at Suzuka, a while ago now.
  14. Pagone41

Pagone41 New Recruit

Good thanks mate! Yes I know and I'm sorry. I was a little confused :S This is the fourth round? Maybe I shouldn't as I might take away some valuable championship points from the current standings?
  15. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    It's no problem. Even though it's a series, each round is kind of individual... it's own event. Also it's a time based race.
    So even if you don't finish so well, the point difference isn't so great.

So you and anyone are welcome to join at anytime!

I just ask that drivers do a decent bit of prac if they can before the race day prac.
  16. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Count me in. Not in the BMW though, she's too light. :) Haven't tested much, my best in the RX8 LM is 2.18.202, not sure if i'll use it. The paint scheme is a little 'off'. But, it could be a good distraction. :lol:
  17. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Thanks M1K1, I'll put ya down.... in the race too! haha ooooooooh
  18. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Yeah, I'm getting quite used to it...............sigh
  19. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Hey SEIDO
    i won't be at the spa race on 19/11/11, would love to be there but got uncle's wedding and there is heaps of free piss so that twisted my arm to attend.
    i might jump on later that night, just depends on how much free grog i tip down my throat before some1 kicks me out :cool: :lol: or the handbrake drags me home :( :p

as for the 3rd of dec race i should be there m8
  20. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Sorry M1K1 just having a mess around.

No worries aussie. Hope you can make it to the 5th and final round at La Sarthe on the 3rd of Dec at 2:30pm EDT.