Hacking!??

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by WAC, Feb 24, 2014.

1. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Morning guy's - just needing some advice on how to deal with a situation i found myself in over the weekend.
    In a room setup by "Chevcamro" - some may know him?
    He's pretty strict on who enter and will kick anyone who does not comply (fair enough , it's his room)
    Anyway, we did the race and Chev as usual stood on the sidelines to watch. The guy who won was a kiwi called - "daylightdrifter"
    and from what i have noted over the years in online time trials is that he is fast as.
    Last lap down conrod straight Chev starts yelling down the mic that daylightdrifter is a hacker because the NSX can't do the speed
    that he is currently doing!? 335kph. - kicks him out of the room - unfriends him & blocks.- justice done?
    I watched the replay and sure enough 4 of the laps he only reaches 308kph but on the last he somehow gets the extra surge.
    Obviously daylight is feeling alittle afronted about being called a hacker but something wierd happened and i'm wondering if anybody
    would have some clues to what it would be.
    Cheers guy's
  2. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Nitrous?

Is it possible he just nailed the exit at Forrests Elbow and got better speed down the straight?

Watching other people in the room they can tend to move around a bit with some slight lag and whatnot. If his speed fluctuated up to 335 then it could be due to that?

I've never understood how people can hack on console games because the system is nothing like a PC game. Not saying it's not possible though.
  3. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I have raced with chev and he is tough but fair, won't put up with rubbish so if your a good boy got nothing to worry about.

What were the draft settings? Was he leading? I know chev doesn't run nitrous in his rooms. Boost on?

I guess it's only a matter of time before someone hacks the game (done on PC I don't know how either) and we get glitch cars again. Maybe that's what it was. From memory when the hack cars were discovered the culprits were dealt with and banned, at least those that were silly enough to keep using them online when the axe came out.

Like the money glitch at the start. Who found that? Some people have too much time on their hands ;)
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Agree AD. I don't know how they do it.

I would be asking the guy who was kicked to explain how he had such a huge speed advantage on that final lap. Something doesn't add up.

I do know that anyone caught doing it here will be hung, drawn and quartered, and that's before they get banned.
  5. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Not that I have the skills to do it, but the hacking goes down to the binary level. Basically changing 1's to 0's and vice versa which alters the behaviour of vehicles. Switching a 1 to a 0 can potentially change the car from having 150BHP to 550BHP.
    I hate it, really annoying. Even the glitch annoyed me a bit, in a very traditionalist, purist sort of way. The game developers and publishers spend so much time and effort only for a small error to make their work almost redundant.
    Bit of a shame really.
    I'd like to know more about the Bathurst situation though. If the guy is really quick, I'd assume he was leading?
    Even if he absolutely nailed Forrest Elbow as Flood said, he wouldn't have 27kph more from an NSX, 10-15 maybe, but not 27.
    If there is some sort of hacking going on, surprised it hasn't blown up on the forums around the interweb.
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I did see a ruf on one of the gtplanet threads with over 1000 hp a few weeks ago. Will see if I can find the link.

For us, we need to make sure we have as many of the restrictions on so it can't happen. Not that I think it would mind you, but stranger things have happened.
  7. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    An RUF I can believe, but if we start seeing Fiat Puntos or Mini Coopers with 1000BHP, then we might be in trouble. LOL :)
  8. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Chevcamaro did tge same thing to me, but in my case it was a one off time and i wasnt properly racing with a modded EVO, because i used to dominate his servers soo much before that and he even accused me of hacking well before the hacking era of GT5 even started he seemed to self justify his actions.

Honestly its not worth the time with him.

I race with Daylight all the time and he is pretty fast(he raced in my labour day touring car race) and probably the fastest in the southern hemisphere at nordy.

Chev camaro has a chip on his shoulder though you can tell just by the crap he talks about constantly whinging about GT but always continues to play, he tends to have the biggest servers on the lobby though.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    If it runs on software it can be hacked.
    Just look at the Homebrew FW's you can run on the PS3 and play pirated games - though harder to play online with this.

Sad that someone would need to stoop to those levels just to win, if that is what actually happened.

I think it would be harder for someone to do it in one of our ROOZ leagues as we all have a reasonable idea on everyone's capabilities, so if I (for example) started smashing the field in Div 4 all of a sudden I'm sure questions would be asked - and rightly so.
  10. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Theres no real.point in hacking apart from playing with setups and what not, what kind of satisfication would you honestly get winning a league without using your own skill lol.

An easy way to tell the difference in daylights laps though is look at his throttle input, if he is runing full throttle on the laps he didnt get the huge speed then its obvious it wasn't a hack.

No point explaining anything to chev camaro though once he bans you, hes not going to listen.
  11. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Absolutely, but some people just need to be "the winner", at any cost. Quite sad really.

That all depends on the hacker. If they've done their job thoroughly you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at the telemetry.
    Depends on how they achieve the hack. Pressing one of the PS buttons for instance wouldn't show up on telemetry but could be used a la nitrous etc, but instead bumps the BHP up by a percentage (as an example).
    NB. I am NOT a hacker :)
  12. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Thanks for the responses guy's.
    I personally don't think Daylight is a hacker (just like Mustafur!) - just to quick for Chevcamro to get his one sided brain around it.
    But what i saw in the replay was like a nitrous surge - problem with that was he had used it down the straights in the other 4laps.
    Almost appeared like the game suddenly sped up like a fast forward.
    Will discuss with daylight later on (* thinks to himself i may have found a way to the podium!..hehehe)
  13. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I honesetly don't think it's possible to bump your hp up mid race as every hack seen so far is a modification of what's already in place, the only way I can think its possible to get more power mid race is if its a hack that allows you to use NOS even if its prohibited.
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  14. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Quite possibly Musta....and that would probably be far easier to achieve.
    It could also be the damn PSN acting up. God knows what's going on with those servers :)
  15. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Honestly, I wouldn't mind if the hacking scene came back, as it alllowed us to see all the content PD kept away from us on GT5. I wouldn't have got that awesome Red Bull 5G any other way. The hacking (besides the league races) was the most fun I had on GT5, it injected life in what ultimately was a dull game. Sure, I'd NEVER use a hacked car to win, that's silly. But for painting unpaintable cars? Endless fun!
    I was even able to give away the hidden paints as well thanks to it.

Here's a little game I invented with the 2600km/h 5G:
  16. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Yea I joined chev a few times on gt5 a few times, redeemer (you know him mus) accused me of hacking once and tried to keep claiming my times for himself. I didnt always like his racing, especially the novelty races which seemed a waste of time.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  17. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Redeemers ego gets hurt a bit if you beat him lol.
  18. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    He can't be as bad as nasanu...that guy thinks he's the best at everything
  19. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I've raced him loads of times with no issues.

The worst driver I have came across ego wise is WRECKINBALL
    The guy will instantly accuse you of cheating if your faster then him and will only make races that favour himself.
  20. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    No problems racing him, he's just a prat when discussing things! If he has a differing viewpoint, the other person is automatically wrong and stupid or an idiot. Just a really arrogant tosser to be honest lol