PCARS HI-TEC OILS GT SERIES SEASON IV Project Cars

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by VARDZ, Sep 30, 2015.

1. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Q stands for qualifying
  2. Sir Nige

Sir Nige Rookie

PSN ID
    SirNige
    What about ASDT is that meant to be AEDT, so qual starts at 20.30 in Nsw/act/vic and 19.30 in qld?
  3. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    yes we in qld seem to the rough end when it comes to daylight savers but I may split the difference and make it a later start so it is not so early for Qld
  4. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

Of course I'm in Vardz and happy to do whatever role
  5. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Yeah im interested. Prepare for wall of text!
    Go!!

Going to have to sort the track list out fairly early on and car list/tune setup. As some gt3 cars will dominate. That is Bentley and Mclaren are unbeatable at Bathurst due to the 2 long straights. It's all good and all to have strengths and weaknesses in each car but i feel some tracks will be a no contest with some cars.
    So a fair amount of testing will need to be done to nail this series.
    I'll add on to what @Ad2mny mentioned about the bmw and porsche (RUF) being the slowest. I think he meant the bmw m3. That thing just can't keep up on most tracks.

The bmw z3
    is a very capable car. Suited to tight tracks and @Giant slayer was able to get the quickest times at both spa and monza early in the pre seasons.

the RUF.
    is quite an equal competitor to the bmw z3. Just a little more twitchy and less stable (read fun). These 2 cars both lack in the top speed department.

the merc.
    Im terribad in it (just doesn't have enough brakes for me) but some people were able to do very quick times in it. It is a top speed and power car.

The Bentley
    would be the mercs direct competitor. It has massive acceleration and it can actually be quite agile throughth corners. Lacks a little brakes again. But became a very dominant car.
    The Mclaren.
    My first love. Was the strongest out of the box. But most cars with a little tune were able to catch back up. It has decent everything. A little understeery but very stable and manageable.

The astin.

Couldn't get a handle on this car. Probably inbetween the audi and merc in acceleration and top speed. Odd handling characteristics and was rare to see it at the front in races.

Audi
    The balanced car. Decent at everything but master of nothing. Was always a threat everywhere.

Ginetta
    A bit of an anamoly. Can be way off pace at some tracks. Lacks top speed. Can push this car to the edge and still have more grip available. Thus makes it odd to try and get the most out of it. Needs a lot of work per track to be competitive. Not worth the hassle in my oppinion.

I think thats all the gt3 cars? Anyone care to add their thoughts on their strengths and weaknesses.

Im more than happy to help fine tune the tracks and car picks/tunes if needed.

Being the new guy here, can someone explain to me the duties of the team principle and will i get free bagels and a coffee?
    jasondull1986 likes this.
  6. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Also i think i have a better handle on tuning than most folks here. I'm no expert though. Just spent a lot of time tinkering and finding out what works and what crashes lol.

So yeah looks like I'll be an engineer for someone and something.
    Killercarlcox69 likes this.
  7. thebigRAGOO_14

thebigRAGOO_14 Team Driver

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    I wouldn't call the Bentley dominant. Maybe if someone else drove it.
  8. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    I also maybe slightly biased.....
  9. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    If this doesn't clash with the current Sunday night league (ruf gt3) then I'm in.
  10. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    I believe it will begin afterwards
  11. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    It was an absolute bastard to get around. You were starting to scorch with it. Plus i think you have the fastest lap at Bathurst in a gt3.
    Such great acceleration. Much wow
  12. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    By the tinyiest of margins over you in the McLaren. I remember giant had a gt6 race on so would have been interesting too see what he could have knocked out. Granted it had killer acceleration but braking wasn't so flash.
  13. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
  14. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    I think giant was struggling at bathurst in the bmw in practice sessions. Fastboy also was off the bentley and mclaren pace in the RUF.

But yes the bentley struggles a bit more in hard braking zones. The only place the other cars could make a pass stick lol
  15. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    That's racing though. Red bull is rubbish compared to merc on fast tracks yet quite competitive on bendy tracks
  16. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    That's because the Renault engine sucks big salty ones lol
  17. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    Regardless of that. Certain tracks work for certain cars. Can't just bin a car because it's good a one or two tracks.
  18. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Oh no, i don't want to bin the fast ones. The slow ones (m3 and ginnetta) maybe though. Again the tracks will have to be carefully pick to allow for balanced racing. If bathurst or a similar track were picked, i would hope a tight twisty track would appear also to cater to the more nimble cars to balance the championship out.
  19. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    I'm all for that mate
  20. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    You though @Noxrai have to drive the m3