GT6 HI-TEC OILS Super GT series GOLD

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by VARDZ, Jan 2, 2015.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanx Beau
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  2. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    My Title Fight got derailed after T2 when I hit a spinning dan, then I made mistakes hunting down Fastboy, then on lap 2 we had some Nascar down Conrod with Razor, Dan and Bond, and then there was a few 1000 wall touches and then 3 crashes at forest elbow and my racing line at Skyline was essentially just one terrifying drift which was at no point controlled..... Congrats Mint on the win, im glad there was a fight for the title and not just a run away Vettel-Esque drive, Congrats Dan on the fightback and to Warrior on finally getting some pace out of the Tricky M3!! Well Done VARDZ on the series and next time around, ill be gunning even harder for that #1 :) See you all next time we hit the track :D
    warrior2167 likes this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    who got pole? any DSC?
    Also is GTP_TerranOP new or an alternate username?
  4. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Pole was GTP_TerranOP (Dan Holland alternate account) by 0.002 (over myself) :eek:
    DSC (in order)
    Razor
    Fastboy
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @Beau_Albert I just wanted your Daytona vid. Great work as usual, just a few things towards constructive criticism I guess.
    I assume most people watching would compare commentary to what they hear when watching motor racing eg V8 Supercars
    Maybe you could refer to drivers by their surname (if it is in their tag) or a simple nickname.
    examples: fastboysmith=smith (surname) mustafur=musty (nickname similar to frosty)
    Also when referring to yourself, it can make the vid seem a bit focused on you (which is hard not to do since, you are only going by what footage you can get) maybe you could refer to yourself in the third person as just another driver eg Albert (surname)
    FYI All above is just my opinion :)
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  6. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Yeah commentary is far from my strong suit, so any help is greatly appreciated :) I know my vids are biased toward me but I try to even it out as much as I can. Ill definitely do the last names of the drivers if they want me too, but same people may want to go by their PSN or something else, but ill look into who wants what :) These edits are basically just testing what I am capable of doing for the sunday league so im hoping in terms of commentary and graphics, im able to raise my game :) Appreciate the feedback though, it all helps :)
  7. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I'd love to do a dual commentary with you but to find the time is the trouble. If you could find someone who has the time to do it with you, you could do the recording and send it to the other person, then both of you watch it while connected to each other via skype, and record that...etc maybe
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  8. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    I'd be up for it, I usually just do these in 1 take but gather ideas while im editing so its not too time consuming, if your ever free ill be happy to work with you :)
  9. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I'd like to commentate, but I'd prefer live commentary, if you know what I mean?
  10. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    That would really only work if you weren't racing, otherwise chances are you will rarely talk due to concentrating or be so distracted by commentary you end years off the pace :'( Those that are fast and can chat have insane talent to do two things so different at once both well.
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I just though of something fun. You could do a 'live cross' to someone 'in-car'
    You just include a portion of cockpit driving, then get someone to join a skype call and record the interview as if it were 'mid-race'. The cockpit driving part is so that the 'background noise' of the car is included when they are talking
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  12. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    That would be very interesting and a different person every week could be cool! Perhaps as a track preview someone can put the mic on and ill record the lap and their audio? No skype needed :D As for mid race stuff would be interesting but not sure if anyone would be up for it :(
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I'll do that, I've always wanted to do something similar to Martin Brundle's track guides, even with cheesy 90's music in the background lol
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @N64TheStig007 yes but not actually happening 'mid-race.' @Beau_Albert you do all the recording sometime after the race, but you make it 'seem' like it happened mid-race.
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  16. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Yep that could be easy done :) Awesome idea hat :D
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you also apologised for the length of your videos...but I feel that length is a good thing.
  18. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Its mainly due to not everyone has years of free time so they may not want to watch 16-20min videos, especially while im trying to perfect commentary as that is one thing that really keeps an audience. For the sunday league i'd like to stay over 10mins, but under 15 where possible. But if theres an amazing scrap, i'll never cut it short :)
    jasondull1986 likes this.
  19. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Well done Mint, awesome job to come away with the win and championship, also thanks to Vardz for a great series.

Being just 6.5 secs back after 90 mins makes me think about what I could have done differently. 1st stint I was a touch conservative, not knowing how long the tyres would last. A couple seconds were lost by carrying too much speed in the chase trying to pass Jono and in the second stint another small error at the dipper cost myself another 2 seconds.

I did really enjoy driving the BMW around bathurst, it's a little tricky to drive and will lose the rear by leaning too much on the fronts through the 1st and last corners and also the cutting but it's really rewarding when you can get it right.
    MINT_GTR and JonoStan96 like this.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    [​IMG]
    Congratulations to @MINT_GTR on the HTO Season 2 Gold Division Championship!