GT6 HI-TEC OILS Super GT series GOLD

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by VARDZ, Jan 2, 2015.

1. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    That's right MB any of the new boys that will be playing with the aliens in the coming season Nicko...Pringles....Alfa....Test yourself to see where you are at in a race for points
  2. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    I am taking part in the GTP 24hr at Daytona this weekend which starts tomorrow morning, one of my stints will result in me finishing at 8pm AEST so I should be able to hop to the other room right at the start of qualifying, if I don't make it in time, I am happy to start from the back of the grid......going to be well over Daytona by then anyway lol
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    MINT cannot make qualifying, but can make the race.
  4. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Yep just focus on beating (read blocking) those rjn boys :cool::p:roflmao:
    Mister_Bond_747 likes this.
  5. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    After over 300 or so laps of GT Planet practise over the last 2 or so months, driving a different powered GT3 at Daytona is going to be really weird, plus im yet to do more than 5 laps in this combination so apologies if i miss my braking point by 14 years and end up in the Florida beach :(
  6. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Due to Mister Bond being unable to attend tonight @Pringles_947 will be taking the gold seat tonight
  7. Pringles_947

Pringles_947 Team Driver Gold Member

Now the room doesn't like me =[
    I cleaned cache, rebooted and cleaned cache again and I still couldn't get in.
    Sorry guys
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  8. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    Gr. I don't often rage quit but after making 2 fatal errors at half race distance, after working my way back up from a difficult start, couldn't take it anymore. Cya's next week.
  9. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Race edit will be up a bit later than normal as im back at school and kinda a bit behind on holiday homework already.... i blame rooz for that :p But as for my race, it couldnt of gone anymore to plan!! In quali hooked a lap up in Q2 worth P3 and on the start i knew dan was going to get a bad start simply due to the mazda so i was always going to go towards the middle, but when fastboy jumped the start i found myself in P1 o_O For the next 25 or so miniutes i found myself fighting to the death ( as i have every other HTO race goddammit! ) against mustafur for the lead, awesome fight, very clean and our different strengths and weaknesses matching us fairly perfectly, if not me having a slight car advantage. Unfortuantley a mistake from mustafur meant he was out of the battle for the win and it left me to go to the pits all alone :( I derped pretty hard from my Pingaz that @N64TheStig007 had gaven me pre-race and i accidently completley fueled the car up again..... jeeez i thought i blew it at that point!! Fortuantley for most of the final 30mins i was able to hold the gap at a comfortable 12 second gap, getting it out to 13 at one point, but in the risk of throwing away my first HTO win, i backed off on the final few laps, letting it come down to 10 seconds as i decided to ignore the finish line, and finish sliding across the grass to take my first win in the series and the first for AMG Petronas racing :inlove::giggle::alien::confused::eek: I took an awesome time to get my first power penalty... they get halved for Bathurst so im really looking foward to the showdown on the mountain and what hopes to be a thriller!! Over the moon with this result, and even more so considering the minimal practise i did due to the Daytona 24hours. Of our Daytona24 team all 3 ROOZ competitors have won every race in the series so far :D Mint - Motegi, Jono at Spa and me overjoyed at Daytona :D See you later in the week for the race edit. Right after my english homework.... :p
  10. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I'm going to belly flop onto a bed of nails after that race. What a disaster.

I sealed my fate with a poor qualifying, Dan performed the biggest miracle of miracles by sticking the RE Amemiya on pole, just... HOW?!?
    I got a decent start, but I was bottled up by the bigger cars around, and I felt absolutely helpless. I felt even more useless when I was caught out by Rotor tucking back behind Mint under braking, giving him the lightest of touches into turn 1 on lap 2, and Rotor was off spinning. What an idiot I was. Sorry mate, @VARDZ, if necessary, I can take an extra power penalty for Bathurst, since a time penalty will make no difference to my result. As the laps ticked over, I worked out where can attack the track and find time. I was driving as hard as I could, but there was no way past tb, who was doing a great job of ruining my race, positioning his car perfectly. Warrior and crew were pulling away, and fast. Dan and Rotor soon swallowed us up, and my luck ran out on lap 8 as I ran wide at T1, with a stylin' 360 recovery which will look sweet on replay! Rotor screwed up at the same place a lap later, so I was no longer last.

The next few laps were tense, trying to pull away from Rotor and gain on TB. Dan had left us for dead, 17 seconds up the road. Finally on the back of TB on lap 15, I tried the suicide move around the outside of Turn 1, but it didn't work, contact was made and I was in the wall. Damn. Things got worse as I got greedy with the kerbs the Bus Stop, and I was in the grass, miles behind now. I made up time as my rivals pitted, but sadly Daytona is not a high deg track, and my car's key advantage was neutered. The target from here was 6th, low fuel, fresh tyres, it was time to put the hammer down! I reeled off PB after PB, and had the pair in my sight when I binned it again at the Bus Stop. Are you serious?!?

So, nailed down in last, it seemed impossible to make up 12 seconds in just 15mins. But I just couldn't give up, the title was on the line. I drove probably the fastest and most consistent ten laps of my life to catch and pass TB with the suicide move on lap 33rd and final lap, only to outbrake myself into the Bus Stop as TB was on the inside. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

Great win for Beau, outstanding performance, I had a feeling the AMG would come out on top here. My virtually zero practice (due to D24) cost me I believe, but Beau and Mint made me look a right tosser.

Onto Bathurst, double points, and the cars seem somewhat equal here. Although the RX7 is not fastest there, I'm praying for high tyre wear. Bring it on guys, there's a title to be won!

Cheers, Jono.
    warrior2167 likes this.
  11. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Even though I continued the trend of finishing at the back end of the pack, that was a pretty fun race. Early, yet short lived battle with warrior in the opening laps then a fight with Jono before the contact at Turn 1 (sorry mate, looked like you turned in on me) then a bit of a lonely run as I watched dan catch and pass me, then waiting for the inevitable as Rotot and Jono were closing the gap. Had a good dice with Rotor when he finally caught me, and made the M3 as wide as humanly possible. It was working, until the pressure got the better of me and outbraked myself into the bus stop.
    Next it was watching Jono close the gap as he was pushing hard. Was watching the rate at which he was closing and the remaining laps/time. Was wishing like made that beau would not give Jono another lap to catch me as I didn't want Jono on my tail as the RX7 is super slippery in the draft, even with my full power VS his penalized power, but an extra lap it was. Jono got by and I knew if I had any chance of avoiding the wooden spoon for this race I had to be close coming of the first banked section, and I was, JUST! I drew along side and was as late on the brakes as I dared. Was actually too late and ran wide off the first turn of the bus stop and cut the second corner. I thought I may have hit Jono in the process but it turns out we both out braked ourselves.
    I know I / the M3 jsut doesn't have the pace to keep up with the front runners, so My plan for each race is just not to finish last.
    Onto Bathurst, where the M3 feels really good across the top. But I'm sure I'll be maintaining my place at the back.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    any results for tables?
  13. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

14. Benjamin J Smith

Dan dsc and pringles tried to enter but couldn't so dns
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Did I read before that Dan got pole? who got FL?
  16. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Dan got pole and myself got fastest lap
  17. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Those 6 points for pringles towards HTO RACING might help just a little to keeping RJN within sight
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  19. Footlong_warrior

Footlong_warrior Team Driver

PSN ID
    Footlong_Warrior twoinch_inya
    wow that's close
  20. Benjamin J Smith