IRACING iRacing General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Sep 11, 2011.

1. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Yeah my lap was definitely not good great. Experiences so far in the sm would suggest we can easily get into the 41's,. I usually start practice much earlier in the week, and gain allot of time through the week. eg, zandoort, dusty and i shaved something like .8 off our first practice times. That wont happen at watkins though. For 2 reasons, 1 the nature of the track, 2 it's Monday already and we have no more time. I'll do 1 or 2 races tonight.

ps: I still did not use my secret weapon in my lap, I'll save that one for qualifying and race. ;)
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    ... I did ignore it... I just thought the reference was to his name ("jesus")... I have no idea what time he pulled in the session...
  3. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Sorry Dave, this is what I was supposed to be quoting.
  4. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
  5. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    :lol: Damn you Kerrigan... err I mean Cubis!!
  6. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

question id like to do a v8 championship as i am itchin to compete again - whats the go within this forum?
  7. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Hey MadCap, you got ya c licence yet? On the iracing championship, Iracing is set up to do all the championship stuff for you (standings,divisions etc) so they just use official events and run the 2 main races on a Monday night to get the points up as high as possible (80 to 100 drivers over 4 splits). We are new to iracing and this will be the first time we enter as a the RaceOnOz team. Being part of RaceOnOz we have our own raceonOz teamSpeak http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=994 and use the ttr setups (4 times champion Madison Down) to get the car as fast as we can.
    You can join the practice sessions during the week starting Tuesday and we discuss it then. In the Irac8ing forum section there is a thread for the C ford V8 supercar (scroll down a fair bit to find it) and you will find most of the useful stuff for everything V8 in there.
  8. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    As Bonus said, just get up to a C license and run on sunday and monday nights on the official servers.

If you ever need a hand with setup or some general driving hints give me a yell. I'm often found on the TT-R Teamspeak server which can be found on TT-R's homepage (www.transtasmanracing.com - You can connect through the TS viewer on the right). Plus my setups are in the forum too from previous seasons.

I thought I was only 3 time champ by the way? :p

I think i'll do the championship next season where I can (work and time committments may rule me out of that) but I do want to try and do 8 rounds at least.
  9. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

Sweet guys, Tursday is promo time for me and this will place me in C so look forward to this - I'll check links and times but I am keen to play....

Cheers again all for the links and tips
  10. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27

hey Mad is that Tuesday with a R or Thursday without a H ??? :/ :p :lol:
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Oh man the Riley at Sebring in the dark is wild fun.... best fun I've had turning laps on iRacing.

Dusty check it out. Did a time trial after you left and bet your 1:52.8.... Time trial result :D

Optimum is down to 52.1... I reckon we could crack 51's with more practise. Especially since that tune is unchanged from Road America set.
  12. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Awesome. Nice consistent laps too.
  13. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Hey fellas. Good to see some of you still hard at it. I will be back racing in a couple of months ... I've changed jobs, and am moving to WA ... Geraldton ... sending the signed contract back tomorrow.

Will try to look in from time to time, but S3 will probably be when I surface again. Take care until then, boyz :)
  14. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Congrats Chris, all the best with the move, look forward to seeing you on the tarmac again in a couple of months...

Not sure I qualify as "hard at it" having just done my first race since mid march last night and not been on iRacing at all for the last week and a half.. but I am aiming to change that
  15. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

There will be no one left on the east coast before long. When do you ship out Chris?
  16. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Cheers, lads :cool:

Not sure of an exact date, Dusty ... I start work 18 Jun, but have a lot to get done in the meantime.

The last week or so before the start will be me driving over ... me, Toosik (drum kit in the back), some 'erb, an axe-handle vs the Nullarbor :lol:

I've driven to Darwin from Melb already, so this will be my second big Aussie drive ... I'm looking forward to it immensely :D
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Drum kit eh?! Awesome. I play a bit of gtar myself. Less since I broke my wrist but getting back into it. Used to jam a bit with my flat mate in Uni who plays drums. Travel safe ;)
  18. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

I play some guitar as well, but I'm rubbish. Always lose my rhythm and can never remember the songs. I played solidly for a few years too. :( I certainly do not have a natural talent in music. My bro does tho http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW3IPhmoWVY he was the lead guitarist. Left the band a few years ago, they sucked a little too much to actually make it anywhere.

Another one here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyojgIwm8DcI play some guitar as well, but I
  19. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

I've listened to a butt-load of post-metal in the last few years, and I've heard plenty worse, Dust ... though, 2 vids was about as much of that lead singer I as could cope with ... some people were just born much punch-able than others, I guess ... he looks like a serious tool ... the Husqvarna of lead singers :lol:

Lossin' rhythm and forgetting songs is mechanics, mate ... nothing to do with talent ... that's about application, and practice. Until the instrument is an extension of you, music is 'counting' and 'repetition' ... count out loud if you have to ... keep track of the '1' beat, and count them ... '1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and 1 ...' ... and then it's just rinse and repeat. You have to know where all the phrases are if you wanna pull 'em out yer ass like a Mark Knopfler ... but until then, music is like anything else ... like iRacing ... talent is important, but application and practice is the go ... muscle-memory ... mechanics, pure and simple!

If you can still hear/feel music inside of you, Dusty, and you wanna 'say' something, pick the guitar up again, and practice those scales you couldn't be :):):):)ed with ... ;)
  20. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Lol chris you arn't the first to say that about the singer. How gay is the end of the first vid. Not that i have a prob with gays.

With regards the the playing, I haven't been able to let go enough to be able to play properly, always over thinking about what I should play next rather than just relaxing and letting it flow.

Btw we need to do drinks before you fk off to WA.

Ps been drinking already tonight...