IRACING iRacing General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Voice chat up and down is a good one to set if the qual or race session gets too chatty or a cat fight erupts. I got field of view up down set to adjust when in different cars or just trying to find that right view for a different track in the early days. I use similar to Beau on the wheel and I got my key board right in front of my wheel so use its standard buttons and the mouse for the other stuff
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea I've got voice chat volume on my number pad +/- buttons, and the in-game spotter volume on my querty +/- buttons.
    I've also got Teamspeak volume up/down hotkeys mapped to left-Ctrl/left-Alt so if you guys get too rowdy I can kill it! :lol: or turn up so I can hear over engine noise.

I just use the default for splits (tab) and field of view (square brackets), although you can adjust FOV in the black boxes now too.
  3. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    With my clubsport wheel, I have buttons all over the show. So by the time I get back from 4 weeks at home, I've usually forgotten what button does what, so I have to re map them. :s
  4. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Hey guys, how's it going?

A mate of mine has just got iracing and I think I will be getting it too. Hopefully we will see you on the track soon.
  5. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    i am new to iracing as well m8
  6. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I see they've also put races for every series on every day of the week for the 2013 season 1.. sound good, it was hard to get a race in the Riley before because they were only races a couple of days a week. Still never actually raced that car.
  7. basilenco

basilenco Rookie

Grand Am with the Riley and Mclaren will be popular next year from the sounds of it. So will be a good season to race it.
  8. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Tried installing trading paints and now I cant log into iRacing. Sometimes, this is just as painful as the god-damn PSN.
  9. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Iracing went down Miki, it was due to the big race.
  10. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Wasn't Trading paints so dont delete it just yet. I racing is back up now
  11. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    How's interlagos?
  12. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

All good. Didn't delete. Up and running, although I was a bit hesitant when all the cars and drivers went white while it updated the schemes.
  13. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Not got it yet, will get ti when i plan to do a race on it i guess.
  14. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I was practising at Charlotte speedway in my street stock and every one was passing me quite quickly.

I was tapped out in 4th at 92-94mph, is there a way to tweak gearing?

Do I have to run it in?

All I could see was tyre pressure, and suspension/chassis setup. It was late, I was sh**ty so I logged off, packed up and went to bed :(
  15. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Charlotte in the street stock is full throttle all the way. If your holding a good line, not lifting off the throttle and still getting passed, I'd say you need to lengthen your gearing.
    It is easy as pie to find your optimal gear ratio on flat out ovals. Just keep lenghtening your ratios until your lap time plateaus.
    The street stock will produce bugger all power and torque at redline so don't run the thing at redline 4th.
  16. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Where do I adjust gearing? Like I said I couldn't find it :/
  17. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    Right down the bottom on the chassis page from memory, the iRacing setup for the track will have decent ratio in it so check that out too.
  18. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    been thinking of giving this a go (Iracing) seeing as i have a spare PC lying around.

specs are Core2duo 2.1ghz, 2gb ram, and a nvidia 8600gs (i think - could be 8900gs) - will this be ok? i think i have a 7600GT lying about

i heard (a whisper somewhere) around xmas time there was a free 3month trial?? can i get in on that? or do i need to pay right up?

i dont want to take too much time away from GT5 at this stage, more or less just want to trial IRacing for a little bit before commit if i want to. I could buy just 1 month, but i think i won't get enough time to trial it properly.

thoughts?
  19. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Should be OK Beannie.

Have a look through the PC building thread and iRacing System Requirments

3 month deals are cheap enough, I would go for one of them, then someone else (me?!) can get a referral bonus from your sign up (which they don't get if you only sign up for the one month)
  20. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    ah cool - so there is a referral system (wasn't sure).
    and since you were the 1st to help my query, if i do take it up, i'll be sure to refer you :)

i'll do a bit of sussing around - i mean i can always use my main system (i5 2500k oc'd, 12gb ddr3, gtx560ti oc'd) but i don't want to move the box around all the time :)