IRACING iRacing Pictures & Skins

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

It looks so....fruity.
  2. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

banners are easy, get me a nice pic of your car that you want displayed, what i did was exit out to the start/finish grid and pose my goods for the cameras.... i think take that pic into photoshop and make magic appear...

now off you go and get me a pic either send via pm or just post a link here, try and keep the image over 800px600px

cheers
    Frank
  3. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NEW - RaceonOZ Logo applied , still got to fix the front bumper and side - but also added custom number plate that Bones suggested! Plus a new Quoteon the rear fender "I WANNA GO FAST"
  4. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

I wanna go fast 2, looks good, where the MadCap designs logo.
  5. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

i have a massive www.madcap-dezines.com under the back wing only for now....
  6. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Or yer i see it now, i like the one i used i got of ya website, just need to find the perfect spot to put it.
  7. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    hey guys what sort of progams do you need to make liverys in iracing... if i get a wheel and iracing and such i want to make a JMSR Racing livery... from the old grid days...
  8. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

thats the thing, for it too look good on car not much space for that logo to fit right
  9. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I used GIMP. It's free and pretty similar to Potatoe Shop.
  10. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

Photoshop or Illustrator - but you would need to learn these advance programs...
  11. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

GIMP is a good free program that allows you to work with the layers in the skins. More than good enough if you are just a hack like myself (or Koastr) making skins.
  12. ENFORCER_98

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    do you design and apply the liverys in game or is it a form of template that you apply in a photograph editing progam in which the game than renders onto that particular car.. ?? because i wouldnt mind if i could have a template design a livery then have a nice person preview it for me...
  13. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Enforcer, there are a few guides on the iracing forums telling you what you need to do. Basically you download a template. Work on it in layered mode. Then when you are ready you flatten the image and save it as a .TGA file (if i remember correctly). You then put this file in the iracings/skins/<car you are skinning> directory with the filename of <yourIracingAccountID>.tga e.g. 432874325.tga

When you load iracing, the game checks this directory and if it finds a .tga file matching any users account id it will use that rather than the default iRacing skin. The changes are 100% local to you. No one else will see your skin unless they have your .tga file. This is where trading paints comes in, people upload their skins, then when you log into trading paints you can sync your local PC with the latest trading paints skins. After syncing you should have everyone else's skins in your skins directory, allowing you to see their cool paint jobs on track!!
  14. ENFORCER_98

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    aahh right well i'll just have to throw some cash together and get adequately equipped ie a good pc iracing wheel pedals etc.. then i'll just have to figure out how to do it ay....
  15. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

I used PhotoShop elements 2.0 for years, loved it but my new pc doesn't like ancient programs, so gone for gimp. I been working with digital editing programs since the first digital cameras came out, they have come a long way and got more stuff than i'll ever use now days. The old programs were so slow and thats only working with photos of a fraction of the resolution of todays dig photos. Photoshop was a godsend and never really needed anything more for the passed 15 years on the stuff i do with photos for work and play.
    We can put up a template for you enforcer and you can open it in a program and do ya stuff to it, then save it as a TGA file (converted to flat layer or what ever it does) and post it up here. I can then save it to my folder in my name and run some laps, take some shot's video etc and post them up here for you to see.
  16. ENFORCER_98

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    omg the template is so confusing... i cant figure out where anything can go or how to unlayer it and such so that i can put stuff on there and gimp is horrid its unfathomable...
  17. ENFORCER_98

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    im having trouble deciphering which parts are wat could somebody please put up a very simple example livery that shows where to paint and so on... just as a template picture this would help me a lot...
  18. ENFORCER_98

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    the template of the falcon i have is all blue and very squished together thats wats making it hard for me...
  19. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

Its the worst template, sometimes what i do is grab a tga file from trading paints and place it on a layer so i can see where stuff goes, its almost like tracing and working out what shapes work best....

just take your time and you will create something special eventially
  20. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    Yep the template is horrible to work with, do what madcap says tho cos he knows his :):):):), mine and bones' skin are in this thread download that and see if it helps.