IRACING iRacing Pictures & Skins

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Aug 25, 2011.

1. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

even download mine guys, i dont mind helpping you lads getting started - we all here to help and i took me 2 days to get Neishy & Bones skin to look right, now i got the idea on how to go about it, i can pump a skin in a few hours if i get my head on right.... but last night i re-jigged my FANTA skin especially towards the front bumper and side front gaurds - so i ll need to update the Signature aswell!

Also Bones, ill build your signature tonight =)
  2. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Thanks Frank no hurry though. How you go with that setup last night? I got it off Sam who got it of Madison's pack and he did some little bits to it... I mucked around with Madisons set up too but i liked Sams changes better. I got in the 132.4's last night with it, not bad seeing as the top guys are in the mid to low 131's.
  3. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

Best i did with Madison Downs setup was 134.1 with about 20 laps, tried the one you game me but felt it was still understeering - i think i just need more laps and hope to be on after 9pm tonight to do more testing - your time is brilliant mate great tiime for sure - whats the trick to the track i think i am over driving it
  4. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Yer, break early enough or you run wide and slow. Lot of the top guys hate the track so prob the reason i'm within the usual 2 to 3 seconds
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Having iRacing installed helps alot.

The first thing I do is turn off all layers to see what decals and layers iRacing applies auotmatically. I save a picture of the car like this for reference, so when I'm editing the skin I can study the 3D model if I get confused with which bits go where... if that doesn't work, I make a new layer with little numbers on all the pieces I'm not sure about and see where they turn up on the model.

Every skin takes a bit of tweaking to get everything to line up properly, you will pretty much never get it right first time. Although turn the 'wire-frame' layer on occasionally to help.
    Leave on 'mask' always. Turn off pretty much everything else, except if you need it for temporary reference.

I've found GIMP really good. It's got a great host of effective tools and the interface lets you work quite quickly when you come to grips with it.. you just have to learn what order you need to do things in. Keep at it and I'm sure you'll pick it up...
  6. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

[​IMG]

Bones here is your signature "ENJOY" now i need to make my better LOL
  7. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

[​IMG]

Here is how i lay my livery out, however this is just a jpg. use this as a guide if you like
  8. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

The hardest part is the 2 x pieces for the fuel tank, you will notice that i have a bit of the raceonoz near the file tank cut out and then re-pasted on 2 x oval type shapes on the right hand side ... Why because each tracy the pit stop fuelling can be on different sides of the car and to make this look right in game you have to design this only once to suit. Bit confusing but paint, test and take photos is the only way to get :):):):) right.... i am still not perfect but i just do test and shoot then modify to make it look right!

Just keep at it and before you know it we will be asking you to do our skins LOL
  9. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Love it Frank great Job M8, now how do i get it as my sig?
  10. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Think i found out how to add it, wow cool sig man.
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Looks SIC! ;) What font did you use for the 'OZ'
    Love the overlaps in the text and the chequered flag fading in/out. V. nice.
  12. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

cheers for the comments guys, as for the OZ font ill find out and get back to you...found something similar on www.dafont.com however ill get the correct name!

Cheers
  13. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Well a couple of seasons ago I tried 3 races of the street stock at Charlotte in a row. All of them I got axed into the wall by drivers who couldn't hold their line. I just had my first street stock race since then, back at Charlotte, and it was awesome fun... met up with a couple of TTR boys too ;)

#4 car was pole and hogging the inside line. I qualified 2nd but backed off a bit to let some more agressive drivers through
    Lap 14 or so of 20: #1 car decides to rub #4 off his cozy inside line.... I'm the #5 car, slipping through the carnage that ensued, like a glove, and on to take the win! :D

[​IMG]

I tweaked the screen shot a little in gimp. :)
    Paint job is just one created within iRacing.
  14. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

man do i remember that track very well, it was very difficult to have one clean race without some TWAT going for a hero move at the wrong time... LOL that photo is EPIC id like to see the video mate if you have!

Post that :):):):) of you going through the gap it sounds like you had to close your eyes just to make it stick!!!!!
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea I got the replay, but don't have FRAPS. Maybe I can sort it out next week. It was great fun, that group of us was running so tight for about 10 laps. Everyone was holding line beautifully.
  16. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

Aircruiser Font

the OZ font for Raceon OZ
  17. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

18. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

[​IMG]

Morning Skin on the Truck....
  19. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Truck looks sick m8. I had a quick look at the new skin you did for me Via Gimp, when i merged layers it still shows the contour lines. I just open the file and merge the layers, save it as TGA, reopen and work on that, not sure if those lines will show up when I upload to TR Paints. As I said I only had a quick look (looks good) and I'll have another look again tonight after race or tomorrow.
    If i cant get it to work can you save it as a TGA like you did last time with out Zipping (my winzip trial finished), I then upload it to trading paints and when I open it in gimp its the one layer again and i can add my number plate then.
    See you tonight for our last race on the old tire model.
  20. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

Will do mate

As for the race, not feelign the best but ill do the race since i wont be online for about 2 weeks after tonight