ACC Kyalami 2hr Monday Season 2 rnd 14

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione PC Week Night League' started by marty, Jun 16, 2020.

  1. marty

    marty AC Server Legend Gold Member

    Posts:
    1,631
    Likes:
    2,417
    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    This will have a 65 minute max stint time(Using a 70 minute stint limit rule as a workaround as final stints are to the flag not end of race time, if you exit the pits on your final stop before the 55 minute mark and get a penalty it will stay a penalty. Anyone that gets caught out stopping after this time the penatly will be removed but 70min stint should avoid this) there will be a 15 minute qualifying session prior to the race, You cant run any longer then 65 minutes in a stint but also need to stop to add fuel at least once as there is a mandatory fuel stop. Fuel will be forced time so 25 seconds for any amount of fuel added, tyre changes are optional.


    Time scale will be 5x (all sessions) this will simulate the real 9 hour time cycle (time scale cant be 4.5) race start and finish at 4pm, session times will be as below.
    • Free Practice 45 minutes: 8:00pm AEST (in game Friday 12pm)
    • Qualifying 15 minutes: 8:45pm AEST (in game Saturday 4pm)
    • Race 120 minutes: 9:00pm AEST (in game Sunday 12pm)
    RACE/PRACTICE SERVERS PASSWORD "Season2"
    The race server does have a locked entry list so if you haven't officially entered into the season you wont be able to get in on the night.
    Please note whatever car you start your first official race in, will what you need to use for the full season.
    NEW season Entries Close strictly at 6:30pm AEST on race night.


    Hotlap server for this round will be the league qualifying server, new entries just need to set a lap in that.

    ANYONE THAT HAS NOT YET SET A QUALIFYING TIME WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET INTO THE RACE SERVER ON MONDAY NIGHT, ALL LATE ENTRIES WILL NEED TO SET A QUALIFYING TIME AND ALL THOSE THAT HAVE ALREADY RACED BUT NOT SET A TIME WILL NEED TO DO BEFORE 7PM AEST PRIOR TO THE RACE ON MONDAY IF THEY WANT TO CONTINUE TO RACE IN THIS ROUND.

    FULL FORMATION LAP MANUAL START PROCEDURE
    This will be full formation lap using Kunos widget start procedure. Our Wednesday tests show this works quite well atm and should avoid any admins needing to manually enforce rules. Still anyone seen trying to gain an unfair advantage in any way during the start procedure may get a post race 30 second penalty.


    Its fairly straightforward, follow what it tells you if there is a flashing arrow you must either go forward back or left/right lanes. No weaving once we go double file the start sequence is staggered so no reason to ever run up the back of anyone. It keeps the gaps and then sets the pace for the start at 70kmh max. Do not pass anyone on the pace lap, you are meant to maintain position and not ghost into any cars.

    Yanet's Weather Forecast:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

    Dynamic weather will be used again for this round, its conservative with a small chance of light rain..

    Below is the server dynamic weather setup, a bit more likely to rain then the last couple of weeks but most likely only light rain if the server behaves as it should. We ran this Wednesday and it stayed dry all sessions and all the Hungaroring Rooz race servers are using the same weather settings.
    [​IMG]

    Multi Driver teams
    Any drivers wanting to team up and share the driving load for any rounds can do so this season, you will need to let us know by 6:30pm on race night but ideally ASAP to ensure admins have time to pair you up in the entry list. Drivers teamed up will need to be in the same class and the car used if both are in different cars will be the one of the driver currently rated higher in the season, if both are on equal points it will be the driver with the higher season qualifying rank.


    Protests and Penalties.
    For any official protests post race please see this thread for info on how to lodge a protest. This is not to be done in the race threads.


    Custom Skins
    Custom skins are allowed to be used from this round on, you can either use a skin from the skin pack in this thread, or make your own skin and post a link to download the skin in the custom skins thread. A skin pack will be made for all custom made by 6:30pm on a race night make sure you post a link to your skin prior to that if its not already available in one of our skin packs.

    Everyone should download the skin packs to ensure they see everyone's skins, otherwise you will likely see lots of plain black skins.
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/custom-skins-and-season-skin-pack.4094/
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  2. marty

    marty AC Server Legend Gold Member

    Posts:
    1,631
    Likes:
    2,417
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  3. Cooper

    Cooper Rookie Gold Member

    Posts:
    28
    Likes:
    41
    Howdy, not sure if people saw one of the last youtube vids by Aris titled..."
    TL;DW - How to follow a car in a race. Theory and examples."
    some excellent points about following people and racing, especially how brake markers are for when you are on your own and hot lapping, not for racing, and he explains why. i know we already know it, but i was thinking of Andy mainly :)

    Matt
    krunch, tezpez85, nanlatt and 2 others like this.
  4. SteveDrivingSlowly

    SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

    Posts:
    731
    Likes:
    1,099
    Aris is an excellent human.
    tezpez85, nanlatt and andyo450 like this.
  5. andyo450

    andyo450 Team Driver

    Posts:
    156
    Likes:
    349
    Haha cheeky. But you’re right, I don’t get to practice that all that often.
    It is a good video though.
  6. TakFR

    TakFR Rookie

    Posts:
    63
    Likes:
    78
  7. marty

    marty AC Server Legend Gold Member

    Posts:
    1,631
    Likes:
    2,417
    That would have been server 2, will have to check the weather but it should not be possible to get a white storm woth the current settings. The time of day being wrong is an old bug with servers up 24/7 the first person that joins gets the wrong session times. Workaround for that is to leave the server and come back and it shoukd be correct.

    The weather doing that makes no sense but I will check the setup when I get home.
  8. TakFR

    TakFR Rookie

    Posts:
    63
    Likes:
    78
    Ok wasn't sure since it was the Wednesday server, but I thought it was with the same weather variation so just wanted to point it out just in case
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  9. marty

    marty AC Server Legend Gold Member

    Posts:
    1,631
    Likes:
    2,417
    The weather should be the same on all the Kyalami non hotlap servers. Going by the documentation the weather should be as in the 1st post. 87% chance to stay dry 11% chance of light rain 2% chance medium rain. 0% chance heavy rain or thunderstorm. I just checked and thats how the server is still setup, clearly it doesnt follow the server config properly. :rolleyes:

    If anyone else has seen storm in any of our practice servers I will need to go even more conservative again on the weather setup.
    TakFR and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  10. Wally

    Wally Team Driver

    Posts:
    243
    Likes:
    430
    I jumped on yesterday morning and it was storm.
    TakFR likes this.
  11. nanlatt

    nanlatt ACC Server Legend

    Posts:
    187
    Likes:
    218
    I did a 2 hour practice race last night and only had some light rain for about 10-15 minutes.
  12. marty

    marty AC Server Legend Gold Member

    Posts:
    1,631
    Likes:
    2,417
    Clearly the dynamic weather is still massively broken, I will reduce it to 0.1 cloud for tonight. Not much we can do when the settings dont work as intended and devs claim there is no issue but we just dont know how to use it.
  13. marty

    marty AC Server Legend Gold Member

    Posts:
    1,631
    Likes:
    2,417
    I have reset servers 1,2 & 9 to cloud 0.1 so this is meant to be 98% chance of dry weather 2% chance of light rain.
    SteveDrivingSlowly and krunch like this.
  14. Hinssy

    Hinssy New Recruit

    Posts:
    11
    Likes:
    17
    Well, the schedule change I hoped wouldn't come up has so going to have to miss this round and possibly next week too :cry:

    If so then thanks for the races I have made this season and bring on the next one, see y'all there!
  15. marty

    marty AC Server Legend Gold Member

    Posts:
    1,631
    Likes:
    2,417
    I just noticed an update for ACC, not sure when it came as I havent ran the PC since wed night. I will update all servers now.
  16. AeroDynamicMilk

    AeroDynamicMilk Rookie

    Posts:
    25
    Likes:
    47
    yea, my luck doesn't agree with enduro rounds.
    First of all, apologies to Tam, we were having a good battle up until I mounted the kerb on turn 2 and tapped your rear. Completely my fault, should've backed out but I didn't.
    Later I got too personal with another kerb, the killer one on the inside of the second last corner and got sent into the shadow realm, basically ending my race.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  17. TakFR

    TakFR Rookie

    Posts:
    63
    Likes:
    78
    Ended before I had an accident while being lapped, didn't want to ruin someone elses race.
  18. marty

    marty AC Server Legend Gold Member

    Posts:
    1,631
    Likes:
    2,417
  19. JamesT

    JamesT New Recruit

    Posts:
    22
    Likes:
    18
    No worries mate, I quite enjoyed our battle until the incident, it was fun.

    The entire round was amazing, what a great track this is, quite enjoyable. Considering I had the slowest league qualy time here, I was pleasantly surprised with my pace/consitency. Qualified best in class and finished second best in class. Huge improvement over the previous round. Head a couple of great battles with MacFarlane and Smith and a blue McLaren and improved my follow another car skills. Needs lots more of that...

    In the second stint I had super low tire pressures during the dark period (about 26.7 psi). How do you guys do transitions stints day/night regarding pressures?
    Jeremy Talbot and marty like this.
  20. Sparksy84

    Sparksy84 Rookie Gold Member

    Posts:
    34
    Likes:
    66
    Another good race, qualy was a mess and got greedy on the 2nd to last corner and never found my rhythm after that, P11

    Got absolutely swamped at the start, but kept clean until I bumped @SteveDrivingSlowly, sorry mate I absolutely underestimated the tow. (Not to try and punt myself in to P2 in silver ;) )

    Redressed to P26, a punishment to fit the crime.
    Managed to get through the backmarkers and up to @krunch for a dummy that worked more than I thought it would.
    With @Frostwa 12 seconds up the road I figured my race would be lonely until the end, but I pulled pace from somewhere and caught him up just before the pits.
    Tried an overcut which didn't really work so the fight was on.
    For the last 50 minutes of the race we were within 2 seconds of each other but I couldn't manage to find a gap, got to the hairpin on the hill on the outside and forgot the track narrowed so did a bit of lawnmowing. Hopefully @andyo450 got a giggle out of watching.
    Stayed P10 until the end, a good result given my poor ability to judge when to put my left foot down at the start.

    @JamesT, I usually think the lowest night temp if 10-12°, adjust pressures .9-1.2 PSI depending on the type of track.