IRACING Monday night live V8 iracing

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Bonus 888, Nov 30, 2011.

1. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

Cheers Beau - Great news got my C licence - WOOT WOOT
  2. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    What did I do? :D
  3. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

Cheers Bones, still trying to get my head around the iRacing race times etc... I hope we race more on Monday nights as I tend to watch F1 & Motogp live... As for starting at the bottom it how you learn to move up... Man I did 5 championships in F1 PS3 via raceleague and it got to the point that little punks had no patience... Anyways good mate at work talked about iRacing and once I joined I thought where have you been all my life!

I am sure soon enough we shall be busting laps together or racing each other but still I am learning all these new tracks
  4. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

I do a Monday night race and the USA guys run a Americas session on Saturday 12:45. There are race every 2 hours for the V8 but not too many are official races (count for season points) or have enough racers in to get a decent point score. Thats why they nominate a time slot they will race in and everyone turns up for that race to get good points (hopefully). The way the championship works is your points score is calculated off your best 2 rounds and averaged if you do more than 2 races in the week. If you only do the 2 races in the week you get the better of the 2 as your points score, thats why most people just do the 2 Monday Night races. I tend to do the Saturday race and a Monday race but if i stuff up in the first race I'll run several races and try and get 2 decent ones to get a good average score.

I only jumped on for a moment last night to have a look at this weeks track and see what division they put me in this season. I've gone from div 6 up to Div 4, so be a bit harder to win the championship this season but I'll give it a bash.
    I'll be on tonight for sure, its a track i haven't done yet and will take a bit of learning. I don't have a setup for it yet but hope to catch up with the TTR guys and get a setup we can work with.
  5. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

Best time I went around last was 2:15. - still working out the track and brake points! Tricky track at the start and loosing a lot on the long right hander sweeper that feels like a circle... But it's growing on me hope to be on after 9
  6. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

Stat Monkey

handy link to show what rooms and series are on throughout each week, month etc
  7. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

In tonights race where do i join - is it private or will i see it in my Whats Hot from the dash board?
  8. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Hey madCap its just the official races @ 6:45 and 8:45 EST, half an hour diff for you SAians. Just join those and you will be placed in a split according to your Div, IR and qualifying time. I prob do the early race and watch the top guys in the second, enjoy watching as much as racing and enjoy watching the Iracing V8's better than the real V8's now the stewards are so Bad!!.
    Haven't done much driving this week been busy with kids footy and watching the real V8 stewards Stuffing up so badly. Lowndesy and a few of the boys got ripped off badly, think they might have to come to Iracing, its such a piss off when all the teams are so professional and you get dip sticks running or should i say ruining the show. Heads should roll. Arr pissed off as you can see, could have been 5 or 6 cars battling those last few laps.
  9. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

Yeah cheers Bones, Yeah V8 race over the weekend was a Joke.... how do they screw :):):):) up with all that technology?
  10. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

there is no way i can make the early race - i finish work 5pm, get home 6pm adelaide time - so i guess 2nd race will be my best bet
  11. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

questions why are the races so early? i feel for WA competitors
  12. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea mate, that's the biggest reason I haven't purchased the v8.. I might get it when it gets the NTM, we'll see.
  13. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

Finally had a crack at the V8's tonight Race 1 was silly of me, jumped start and had to do a stop go - so from 24th position i worked my way to a happy 14th

Race 2 - the start was a bit complicated, Bones had steering issue which caused a bit of a traffic jam, but once the guys in the back sorted there way through the scrap i manage to move up in to 12th just in front of Bones in 14th - then i made a small mistake with 5 laps to go to then give Bones 12th and i finished 13th...

I must say it was awesome had a ball and cant wait to have a few more races in the future...

Cheers for all that have helpped to speed my process forward - Much appreciated
  14. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

What a start to race 2, had big problem with my wheel not sure what happened or why (never happened before), had to unplug it and plug it back in again. There was another guy near me somewhere that didn't put it in gear too so made it real carnage start. Went back to last with no one in sight for the first few laps then started working my way through the pack. Got up behind frank near the pit stop and followed him for several laps til his mirror look made him miss his break point. We were in 12th and 13th Frank, the placings only update crossing the start finish line, and we finished 11th and 12th cos Matt ran out of fuel coming up the hill towards the finish line and couldn't get up it. That was the closest matched field Ive been in, most guys had the same race pace, was great racing both races.
  15. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

Watkins Glen - Race 1 was looking good for 5th overal but lap 22 I blew my engine, man was I spewing! Sadly enough I was dropped down to a lower split as my irating is a little low!

Anyways I finish 16th with -7laps

Race 2 - started 3rd on grid in Afain a lower split but still done great drivers in the top 6 - race went really well acutally lead 1 lap until Paul Kennedy made a nice pass and took the lead on lap 3 after that he was no where to be seen and battle for 3rd with Dean good mate from Adelaide - well I thought I'd jump him in pitstops but I got caught up in traffic as a yellow caution flag was out for a few drivers that got tangled and it didn't help my chances for a podium. Anyways I finished wit some rewarded points in SR AND IRATING - plus some well deserved team points amongst Bones and Neishy!

Look forward to the next race until I am away for 3 weeks due to wedding and honeymoon - but this season is all about learning!

Started with 50 littes then pit stopped for 45litrs me thinks giving me 4lsps of fuel left after the chequred flag, still trying to get my head around all the fuel and strategy but it's not bad from a guess point!
  16. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Yer Good job in that second race, was good to watch you battle the back markers who kept coming out of the pits in front of you.
    Better pit strat;
    65 and 30, 45L can make a normal tire pit 4,,5,,6 seconds or more longer. 30L about the same as tires so no lost time fueling.

[img=banner pic]http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6237/bannerpickv8rockstar.jpg[/img]
    Banner Pic.
  17. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    Interesting race for me last night. Raced well from 6th up to 3rd and was fighting for a win but out broke myself and took Hamstead with me putting us both out of contention.... seriously angry at myself for doing that. Nothing I hate worse than fencing someone.... Anyway, we'll move on.

Here's a video of my race.

[video]youtube.com/watch?v=1fa3kYnTICo[/video]

www.v8sonline.com.au for livestream.
  18. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Yeah I dunno what you were thinking at 5:25 Mad. Brain melt? Although you were covering your arse, but still. If you had of stayed right maybe the blue guy would have taken the green guy out instead LOL.
  19. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

Maddo, mate thats just so unlucky and i know how that feels mate - i feel for you and the driver in front, unlucky agian - sometimes this happens and you feel like :):):):) after it happens.

Well from watching the video i noticed you have a pit limiter fukin hell i need to hook this up to my wheel - you made the pit entry look so easy - man i got lots to learn still

Cheers
    Frank
  20. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie